1. John C. Shaw
Utility Inspector / Survey Party Chief at Golden Field Services, Inc.
I am a well-organized team player who is committed to completing complex inspection and survey projects in a
timely manner. I have the proven ability in building trust, confidence, and team cooperation to complete tasks to
deadlines. I have a reputation as a self-directed leader and professional with excellent surveying and inspection
skills. I am equipped with an excellent work ethic, a strong sense of responsibility, and a commendable track
record of dependability.
I communicate with project teams to engage the workforce, providing vision, leadership, and direction to
skillfully manage complex projects and with organizations spanning multiple disciplines. I am noted by
management for know-how with a focus on completing projects on time and under budget. I am recognized as
troubleshooter and problem solver adept at conceptualizing and implementing solutions to accomplish goals
efficiently with attention to continuous improvement.. I am highly skilled in building rapport with individuals
from diverse cultures with the proven ability to bring energy, enthusiasm, and leadership to motivate other
stakeholders to achieve project goals. I am self-motivated with excellent leadership and supervisory skills as
well as significant experience in directing projects and optimizing capabilities.
I have experience in promoting confidence and the maintaining of long-term relationships while successfully
interfacing with people of diverse backgrounds. I place an emphasis on professionalism, analytical skills,
flexibility, and consistency in all phases of decision-making. My organizational skills are accustomed to
working in fast-paced environments while maintaining a clear focus on achieving bottom-line results. I have
successfully demonstrated my ability to manage change for improved performance and greater team efficiency.
Utility Inspector / Survey Party Chief at Golden Field Services, Inc.
April 2011 - Present (4 years 7 months)
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) - Natural Gas
• Serve as Utility Inspector for location of existing natural gas pipeline network anomalies and right of way
encroachments from Oraville, CA to Eureka, CA for 300 miles.
Gillette Wyoming -16" Gas Line
• Worked initial 16" gas line route layout and preliminary survey. Led construction stake and as-built survey
from Tally (mainline books to final tie-in), utilizing GPS and Total Station.
2. Blue Knight - Knight Warrior Pipeline Project
• Participated in initial layout of 136 mile route and preliminary survey of route, utilizing Trimble R8 GPS
equipment with TDC 2s and 3s with Total Station.
ONEOK Rockies Midstream, LLC - North Dakota and Montana
• Bear Paw Gathering System - Natural gas poly line well connects - layout and centerline survey from well
pads to tie-in existing lines. Located existing lines and conduct above ground as-built on numerous previously
• Garden Creek 10" Mainline - Layout and centerline survey route from construction. Supervised and surveyed
as-built from right of way to final clean up and testing.
Bear Tracker Energy LLC - North Dakota
• Completed ground-up poly natural gas gathering system. Performed layout and centerline survey mainlines,
laterals, and all well connects for complete system.
• Located existing lines and conduct above ground as-built on previously constructed lines.
• Set up control network, including recovery of survey records and section monuments.
Banner Transportation Co, LLC - North Dakota
• Market Center Gathering System - Completed ground up for both crude oil and steel line.
• Led layout and centerline survey mainlines, laterals, and complete well connects from complete systems.
Located existing foreign pipelines for parallel alignments alignment.
• Above surveys were conducted utilizing Trimble GPS equipment and data collection systems. Utilized
Metrotech and RD-8000 locators to determine existing pipeline locations.
Survey Part Chief/Supervisor at W.B. Wells and Association, Inc.
October 1995 - March 2011 (15 years 6 months)
• Experienced in Trimble/Geodometer robotics with 1 man total stations.
• Utilized Geotronics Software - Topcon GTS GPS RTK and Static - all aspects.
• Completed all aspects of boundary - right of way - topographic and construction surveying.
• Provided expertise in underground storm and sewer inspections.
• Served as Equipment Coordinator.
Survey Supervisor: (Northwest Pipeline Expansion) at Gibbs Ellison
February 1995 - October 1995 (9 months)
• Supervised a three segment of pipeline expansion project with 10 crews on final survey.
Survey Supervisor: (Panola Pipeline, Houston, TX) at Gibbs Ellison
October 1994 - February 1995 (5 months)
• Managed 5 survey crews - preliminary surveys and conventional as-built survey in plant route layouts.
3. Survey Party Chief: (Lakehead Pipeline, Thief River Falls, MN) at Gibbs Ellison
April 1994 - October 1994 (7 months)
• Provided leadership and supervision for all aspects of survey coordination of six crews.
• Handled GPS static control and RTK roving units for total GPS alignment as-built.
Survey Supervisor: (Gasco Pipeline) at National Pipeline Services
January 1994 - April 1994 (4 months)
• Completed preliminary route layout - conventional survey.
Party Chief Survey Crew/Utilities Inspector at Canjon Pipeline Project
November 1993 - January 1994 (3 months)
• Participated in Total Station downtown Los Angeles and Los Angeles River survey and data collection
• Located, marked, and supervised pot hole excavation to determine size, type, and location of utility
Party Chief Four-man Crew/Data Collection Coordinator (SW Washington) at Northwest Pipeline
1994 - 1994 (less than a year)
• Led preliminary alignment and survey five spreads Northwest Pipeline Expansion II projects, river crossing
Cowlits Rover wetland delineation, archeological sites, Lietz Set 4, Topcon 303, Lietz SDR 2, SDR 22.
Party Chief Two-Man Crew at Porter Robertson Engineering and Surveying
December 1990 - June 1993 (2 years 7 months)
• Led all areas construction surveying from topography to finish subdivision, land, and right-of-way surveys.
• Completed Destec Pipeline from Mojave Line lateral to five-cogeneration plants route layout, horizontal
control, vertical control, and as-built shuttle lifting facility Rockwell International - HP-48 with TDS data
collections system as well as Lietz Set 2A and Set 2B total Stations.
Party Chief: (Solar Field Electric Generation) at Luz Construction
June 1990 - December 1990 (7 months)
• Was responsible for all phases of solar field mirror placement surveys and power block layout.
Party Chief Four-Man Crew at WYCAL Pipeline
April 1990 - May 1990 (2 months)
• Led routed layout, preliminary survey and equipment curator.
Instrument Man/Party Chief at Alta Engineering - Hughes Surveying
January 1989 - April 1990 (1 year 4 months)
• Completed topography, land, and construction surveys, gaining Set 2 and SDR 2 experience.
Surveyor/Inspector (Pipelines) at Southern Pacific Group
August 1988 - January 1989 (6 months)
• Led preliminary work and layout on a 20" pipeline. Completed restake and as-built finish notes.