- It is the measurement of
"intellectual accomplishments that
are worthwhile, significant, and
meaningful,“ as compared to
multiple choice standardized tests.
- It can be devised by the teacher, or
in collaboration with the student by
engaging student voice.
- When applying authentic
assessment to student learning
and achievement, a teacher
applies criteria related to
“construction of knowledge,
disciplined inquiry, and the value
of achievement beyond the
Guidelines for systematic and
objective observation – based
assessment. (Diane Hart)
1. Observation not only one but all
2. Must be as frequent and as
regular as possible.
3. Must be recorded in writing.
4. Should cover both routine and
5. Reliability of observation records
is enhanced if multiple
observations are gathered and
- It is an observation tool which
requires the teacher recorder to
describe the traits or learning
behaviours being assessed.
Name: Year and Section
Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3 Stage 4
Speaks w/ Speaks in Speaks Volunteers
Hesitation complete extempo- to participate
sentence raneously in speaking
Date:_______ Date:_______ Date:_______ Date:_______
- It is another observation tool also
called as conference recording
- Consist of a list of questions the
teacher intends to ask and space
recording the student’s answers.
Research Proposal Interview Sheet
Student’s Name____________ Date__________
1. Why did you select this topic?
2. What are the sources of your materials?
3. What is the theoretical basis of your research topic?
4. How do you plan to gather data for your research?
5. What research instrument do you intend to use?
1. The teacher can assess the growth
and development of the students
at various levels.
2. Parents are informed of the
progress of their children in
3. Instructional supervisors are able
to evaluate the strengths and
weaknesses of the academic
• Performance Checklist
- consists of list of behaviours that make up a certain
type of performance.
____1. Identifies the given information
____2. Identifies what is being asked
____3. Uses variables to replace the unknown
____4. Formulates the equations
____5. Performs algebraic operations
____6. Obtains the answer
____7. Verifies if the answer is correct.
• Oral Questioning
- an appropriate assessment
method for actual performance
when objectives are:
a. assess the student’s stock
b. determine the student’s ability
to communicate ideas in coherent
• Observations and self-reports
- These are useful supplementary
assessment methods when used in
conjunction with oral questioning
and performance tests.
- Needs a tally sheet as device when
used by the teacher to record the
frequency of student behaviours
activities presented to the subjects
of a study