1. JOSEPH BARTNICKI
(214) 418-9011 email@example.com
Plano, Texas 75023 www.linkedin.com/in/joebartnicki/
Senior Quality Manager with extensive experience and leadership skills in telecommunications and
electronics manufacturing. Record of accomplishment in implementing quality systems for Supplier
Management, Manufacturing Processes and Field Reliability in domestic and international markets.
Implemented business strategies that increase profit through quality improvement and customer
• Quality Management Systems: ISO9001/TL9000, Supplier Management, Manufacturing, Field
Reliability, 6-Sigma, Statistics, Data Analysis with Excel and Access, Corporate Social
Responsibility, Customer Satisfaction measurement.
• Electronics Manufacturing: Toyota Production System (TPS), Kaizen, Training Programs,
Electronics/Test, SAP, ESD Control, Ship-to-Stock, Continuous Improvement Programs, 5S,
Root Cause Analysis, PDCA, KPI.
ZTE USA, INC., Richardson, TX 2014-Present
Sr. Quality Manager for Sales
• Responsible for several of the largest customer accounts covering new product introduction
and field reliability improvement for cellphone, tablet, projector and connected car sales.
• Lead team attaining number 1 supplier status for key customer.
• Developed and implemented customer performance measurement systems to customer
satisfaction improvement plans with team.
• Coordinated responses to customer scorecards and lead improvement efforts to maximize
• Lead Cost of Poor Quality Program.
FUJITSU NETWORK COMMUNICATIONS, INC., Richardson, TX 1992-2014
Sr. Manager, Corporate Quality Management 2010-2014
• Implemented continuous improvement program for key customer performance measurements
with 30% improvement in goal attainment during customer performance reviews.
• Implemented plans that resulted in being the only company to achieve all monthly performance
goals of major customer.
• Managed corporate quality program compliant to TL9000 (including performance
measurement), ISO-14001 Environmental Management System and Import/Export Compliance
program at three sites. Consistently met all requirements.
• Led cross functional team for quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
Sr. Manager, Quality Engineering 1997-2010
• Supported transmission, DWDM, fiber optic, cellular telephone, ADSL and ATM product lines
manufacturing processes achieving all quality objectives for yields, cycle times and
• Implemented a Toyota Production System as part of the manufacturing team including
improving Receiving Inspection cycle time (to 1 day) and efficiency (30% improvement).
2. • Established new Reliability Group responsible for resolving customer failure issues and
improving trends at incoming, manufacturing and the field. Heavy focus on customer
satisfaction resulted in 50% reduction in field failure rates and 75% reduction in DOA rates.
JOE BARTNICKI PAGE TW0
• Implemented Quality Teams resulting in improvements in Yield (25%) and Cycle Time (80%).
• Implemented cost reduction programs for PWB facility qualification ($1,400,000 annually),
Packaging ($300,000 annually) and SCRAP (50% improvement).
• Implemented Quality Module for the SAP Enterprise Requirements Planning System.
Manager, Supplier Quality Assurance 1992-2010
• Established new department responsible for supplier coordination for all production material.
• Won President’s Award for achieving Receiving Throughput, Lot Acceptance Rate and Ship-
To-Stock goals developed from Best-In-Class Benchmarking with other telecom companies.
• Implemented quality plans for local procurement program with incoming material evaluation
($2,000,000 savings annually).
• Reduced disposition cycle time for nonconforming material to 3 days for rapid corrective
• Established OEM Contract requirements and outsourcing quality plans for Partner product
• Set up qualification programs for Printed Circuit Boards and Coating Systems (Wet/Powder).
DSC COMMUNICATIONS CORP, Plano, TX
Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering
• Activities supported transmission, switching and fiber optic product lines.
• Managed supplier quality program for multiple sites in the US and Puerto Rico.
• Set up Ship-To-Stock Program ($80,000 savings in the first year).
• Performed supplier quality system audits, source inspections and quality improvement plans.
• Participated in quality teams to implement SPC/TQM.
Manager, Receiving Inspection
• Managed incoming inspection/test on electrical, mechanical and optical materials.
• Managed 23 engineers, technicians and inspectors covering three facilities.
• Established PCB Evaluation Lab to qualify new technologies ($100,000 savings/yr.).
• Managed the Firmware Programming Center.
IQC Test Engineering Supervisor
• Managed test criteria, procedures and equipment for incoming material evaluation with multiple
• Set up an Integrated Circuits Evaluation Lab ($300,000 savings/yr.).
• Developed a customized data analysis system for incoming material quality evaluation.
• Implemented supplier performance rating/ranking system.
• MBA, Engineering Management, University of Dallas, Richardson, TX
• BS, Electrical Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon University
• CQE (exp.), Certified Quality Engineer, American Society for Quality Control
SEMINARS: Center for Creative Leadership-Looking Glass, AMA Management Training, 6 Sigma,
ISO9000/TL9000 Quality Systems, SAP, Import/Export, ISO-14001 Environmental
MEMBER: American Society for Quality Control, QuEST Forum.
PRESENTATIONS AT QUEST FORUM BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCES:
3. • “Continuous Improvement of Field Reliability”, Sept. 2013
• “Quality Improvement using the Toyota Production System”, Sept. 2012
• “Measuring and Improving Customer Satisfaction”, Sept. 2011
• “Kaizen Continuous Improvement Program”, Sept. 2007