1. Semi- Detailed Lesson Plan in 21st
At the end of the lesson, the students will be able to:
a. present an interpretation of the text in terms of literary elements and tradition.
II. Subject Matter
Topic: Song (Lyric Poetry)
Materials: PowerPoint and Visual aids
A. Preliminary Activities
The student will be requested to lead the prayer.
3. Checking of Attendance
The students will simply look at their seatmates to check if there are absentees.
4. Setting of Classroom Standards
The teacher will show pictures of celebrities on the board and the students will relate
it to their classroom standards.
Picture no.1 ? Picture no.2 Picture no. 3 Picture no.4
5. Passing of Assignment
The students will pass their assignment.
1. What does “Bottoms Up” mean?
Who loves to sing?
What song do you like?
The students will be grouped into four(4). They will play the game entitled “MINUTE TO
GUESS IT”. Each team will choose one(1) representative to act the given words and the
members of the group will be the one to guess it. The words to be guessed are title of
popular songs. Each team will be given one-minute to portray the words. The group
with the shortest time-consumed and guess the words correctly will be the winner.
2. D. Analysis
1. How will you relate the activity to our lesson today?
2. Do they have connections?
3. Can we consider song as poetry?
1. What is your feeling upon watching the song video?
2. What does it mean when someone says one day?
3. What is the message conveyed in the verse one, refrain, chorus and bridge?
4. How will you relate the song to your experiences in life?
5. Why being positive in life is important?
6. As a student, how can you help the world? What can you contribute?
7. How are elements of poetry highlighted in the song?
The students will choose lyrics/verse that struck their attention and share it to the class.
Directions: Present a short but creative interpretation of the text in terms of literary
elements and tradition.
Choose among the following:
Criteria 5 10 15 20 Points
able to answer
very well the