1. Jesús Armando Martinez Cantù
Address: Cerrada del Pirul #801 Cerradas de Anáhuac
Be a part of a team work inside my job, where I can apply all my knowledge and
personal values to achieve the objectives of the Enterprise, always having as a goal a
STERIS – (Sep-06 – Current) – STERIS is a 2.5 Billion Dollar Corporate focused on medical
devices to prevent infections, Monterrey facility is 365 employees
Materials Manager STERIS (Oct 2010-Current)
• Responsible for safety and welfare of all assigned Employees and contractors.
• Must plan workloads and effectively utilize all departmental staff and all other designated
• Administer all Company Polices, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Develop overall competency levels within the departments and provide training,coaching and
leadership when required..
• Support all Company Quality Policies (ISO 9001 ISO 13485, NEEC, C-TPAT, OHSAS18001,
• Maintain flow of raw materials to factory work centers to maintain production efficiencies.
• In conjuction with Finance, responsible for the accuracy of inventory counts by implementing
and managing an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory
counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future
• Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials
budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that
incorporates, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements
• Develop and communicate material management policies and procedures
• Maintain open dialogue with other management to coordinate activities and improve plant
• Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the material management
• Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability
of working capital
• Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company
• Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the
2. Main achievements:
• Initial transfer of the plant from ERIE PA to Monterrey and co-develop the supply chain process
needed to have parts in plant when required. Over 9,000 SKU’s
• Good manufacturing practices (GMP) required in order to conform to the guidelines
recommended by agencies that control authorization and licensing for manufacture and sale of
food, drug products, and active pharmaceutical product
• Improved cycle count accuracy in 40% in dollar value and sustained above 95% in average over
• Improve on-time delivery in 50% in 2 years and sustained above 99% In average over the year by
coordinating with quality, engineering, fabrication and assembly operations by establishing and
monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Total Inventory reduction from 23 MUSD to10 MUSD
• Inventory turns increased in 40%
• Materials departments with 0 incidents/accidents/ first aids in 5 years by performing weekly
audits and routines to identify unsafe conditions, also applying STOP DuPont
• No quality or customer complains due to transportation or shipping related problems by
applying FMEA in the shipping and transportation departments.
• No mayor findings in internal or external audits (ISO, NEEC, C-TPAT, ASME, PED, OHSAS18001,
• Kanban routines and standard work implementation with local as well foreign suppliers covering
80% of total yearly expense of purchased components
• Kanban routines and standard work implementation in fabrication areas inside the plant
• Implemented work in process audits to ensure proper parts and quantities are being built
• Have sponsored, led and/or participated in over 30 site kaizen events (Monterrey and
• Participated and implemented site-wide Lean Policy Deployment (Hosin Kanri) and implement
both Departmental and Supervisory level standard work and metrics.
• Implementation of S&OP process in the plant involving all departments to ensure, plant wide
knowledge of work load, identifying bottlenecks and any condition that may put in risk the
correct operation of the plant
• Obsolete reserve reduction in 60% by implementing a proactive review of items that may
become obsolete and review with engineering and quality to use them instead of dispose them
• Gemba walks, SQDC boards and metric development by establishing plant wide production cells
• Implementation of A3 problem solving methodology, to identify root cause of any issue related
to the warehouse and shipping to improve the operations, as well as creating the team and
coach them in this methodology
• Implementation of “On the job training” quizzes to ensure associates understand the company
goals, procedures and rules
Production Control Supervisor STERIS (Nov 2007-Oct 2010)
• Responsible for analysing the production methods and coming up with more efficient ways of
• Assisted in analyzing all aspects of the production process and creating reports on suggested
improvements for management.
• Supervise coordinates activities of Material Coordinators engaged in expediting flow of material,
parts, and assemblies within or between departments of industrial plant, and of Production
Coordinators engaged in scheduling production operations
• Coordination, monitoring and control of the overall transactions process and WIP inventory,
ensuring timely and accurate inventory transactions
• Daily meeting to monitor production performance and future orders
• Analysis of current backlog demand to recommend the appropriate supply production rate that
satisfy customer orders.
3. • Follow-up customer orders until they are shipped and report to Sales any issue that can delay
• Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing team regarding missing components (Pull in / Push
out / Cancel Purchase Orders) and setting the right safety stock level when needed.
• Daily reports for load and available capacity, Finish Goods produced, etc
Production Control Coordinator STERIS (Sep 2016-Nov 2007)
• In Charge of the Assembly Area
• Coordination of all parts within specific production lines to reach the build schedule
• Maintain a flow of units thought the lines to meet the predetermined shipment goals
• Daily review and update of the missing parts list, for the different areas in the plant
• Coordination of all parts with in specific and special units
• Design of Production control indicators
• Responsible of a balanced inventory of finished product.
• Responsible for the analysis of Capital Equipment Build Schedules.
Master Planner Cuprum (Louisville Ladders) (May 2003-Sep 2006)
• In Charge of 1500 different ladder models, (Aluminium and Fibber)
• Making of the weekly production plan
• Ensure of the material needed for the production plan
• Design of a KAN –BAN system with the superintendent of the production line.
• Improvement of a production plan for an internal supplier of the plant.
• Responsible of a balanced inventory of finished product
• Production, human resources and inventory forecasting,
• Make sure the production plan is accomplished at a minimum of 97%
• Provide service to the Distribution Area always having the product on time
• Design of a production line (team work with the superintendent)
• Design tooling for Poka-Yoke system.
• Team leader (customer service) of a group to increase production.
• Increase the service fill rate to 99% from the inside supplier to the production lines through a Six
• Stock-out reduction form a 50% to a 5%
• 5´s improvement co-working with the production superintendent,
• Placing Purchase Orders to outside suppliers, setting of stock levels, weekly releases of materials
coming from this supplier
Intern, Polomex S.A. de C.V. (May 2002-May 2003)
• Development of material routines for water spiders of materials from the warehouse to the
production lines 1 day before the production line will use this material with the objective of
having no stops on the lines.
• In charge of having the marked materials in the marked spot inside the warehouse trough a
layout updated daily.
• In Charge of the logistics and download of the containers form the material coming from Brazil
• Improvement on the supply methods to the production lines.
• Improvement on the recognition of the material already in the production lines
• Making a layout of every stand saying which material has to be in that spot.
4. Hardware knowlege
• Microsoft Office
• Royal 4
• Internet Explorer
• Easy talk
• Dynamic and Entusiastic
• Set goals
• Inovation spirit
• Always looking for a better way to do things.
• APICS (CPIM) 5 Modules BSCM, MPR, DSP, ECO, SMR (2009)
• Coaching soft skills (2014)
• Shingo Model for Operational Excellence (2013)
• Lean Tools (2012)
• Value Steam Mapping (2013)
• STOP DuPont for safety awareness
• Advanced Product Quality Planning (2015)
• FMEA (2014)
• ISO-13485 internal auditor (2014)
• Kan-Ban (2004)
• SMED (2004)
• Six Sigma Green Belt (2006)
Education Mechanical and Administration Engineer UANL-FIME
Language • English fluent capable of maintain bussiness conversations