1. JESSE HINTON
219 W Deer Park Road. • Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Hinton33@hotmail.com • 301-990-1520
~ Active TS/SCI Clearance ~
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a fulfilling position as Senior Systems Administrator and to work
in a dynamic professional environment with a growing organization. In addition, utilize my
skills and innovative thinking to benefit the organization.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR & NETWORK ENGINEER
Well-versed in tools and techniques for maintaining robust, highly secure enterprise
Highly analytical and meticulous professional offering 20+ years of hands on experience in
Tier-1 and Tier-2 IT support. Possess in-depth training and experience in administering and
implementing / configuring leading-edge security tools for complex, multi-platform network
infrastructures. Successfully monitored, audited and performed system analysis to identify
vulnerabilities and implement proactive solutions. Familiar with full systems development
lifecycle experience, including, designing, developing and implementing plans and processes
fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings and fault free audits. Demonstrated
analytical and problem solving skills by driving significant enhancements to enterprise
systems and streamlining productivity through innovative solutions.
Highlights of Expertise:
• Systems Configuration
• Customer Service
• Asset Management
• Quality Assurance
• DODIIS AMHS
• Information Assurance & Security
• Risk / Vulnerability Assessment
• Storage & Disaster Recovery
• Project Management
• Network Operations
• Information Systems
• Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
• Patching & Upgrades
Platforms: Windows (Server 2008, Server 2003, Server 2000, 8, 7, XP, Vista), UNIX,
Language: MySQL, SQL, C++, Java
Tools: TACACS+, VMware, GEM-X, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
Outlook), Active Directory Forests & Domains, Remedy, RDC, IBM Tivoli,
Splunk, Adobe Pro,
Networking: Cisco 800 Series Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco IOS Firewall IDS, WYSE
Terminals, DHCP, DNS, VoIP, STU/STE III, VIPER, KG-175 Taclanes,
AN/CYZ-10 Data Transfer Device
The Van Dyke Technology Group, Inc. , Washington, DC
Senior Systems Administrator/Supervisor/Team Lead, 10/2014 – Present
Coordinated installation, configuration and administration of hardware, software and operating systems for
6,000+ users. Liaised with Project Managers, Information Systems Security Officers and cross-functional
2. JESSE HINTON • Page 2
departments to plan and coordinate major systems updates and enhancement initiatives. Coordinated with
customers to resolve issues, implement patches and administrating accounts.
As a team leader, responsible to control, report, and perform Department of Justice functional task and
• Provided administration and security for 60 server-based networked systems, distributed
applications and network storage systems. Maintained security of classified network data for $500M
domain with 6000+ users. Provided technical analysis and briefings with Department of Justice
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) on emerging vulnerabilities and network defense
• Monitored and supported applications and messaging tools. Contributed to level II and III helpdesk
support. Opened trouble tickets and submitted requests for tools to comply with requests for action
(RFA) and SAP data-processing requests.
• Designated liaison for Gem-X Taclanes rekeys. Responsible for management, rekeying process
utilizing Universal Remote Encryptor Management and Discovery application (GEM-X) which
manages and enables the control of offsite/remote Taclanes, Taclane rekeys, and transfer of secure
sensitive keying material.
• Manage GEMX and provide KG-175 solutions for clients, Project Managers, and ISSM.
• Supervised and facilitated training sessions for 5 team members in daily operations, standards, and
procedures. Conducted KG-175 Taclanes, AN/CYZ-10 Data Transfer Device, Virtual Desktop
Infrastructure (VDI) trainings. Configured and deployed Zero Client terminals as part of Department
of Justice (DOJ) implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure on both SIPRNET and JWICS
General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington, DC
System Analyst/Senior Network Engineer, 01/2011/ –09/2014
Delivered customer service through situation analysis and provided efficient solutions for escalating problems
in a timely manner.
Provided excellent functional and technical support in a Tier 2 environment. Analyzed, inspected, diagnosed,
and troubleshot significant hardware and software problems in a classified environment.
• Created over 4,500 network trouble tickets via Remedy IT Service Management 7.6. Resolved over
5,000 client issues from WYSE terminals, outlook, VoIP, KG-175 Taclanes and data recovery.
• Created situational awareness reports and technical reports to emerging vulnerabilities that impacted
DOJ network’s core services. Implemented, reviewed and inspected classified network systems and
• Manage two enclave of servers that provides connectivity with 99.9% availability and exceptional
performance that support mission critical operations worldwide for DOJ.
• Excellent at configuring Taclane Encryption Devices and fluent in the Rekey process of these devices
utilizing the STU/STE III phone and AN-CYZ10 (DTD).
• Performed monthly reboots of all DOJ Physical and Virtual network servers as outlined in the Server
Update and Patch Management SOP.
• Exceptional knowledge and usage of the Server OS Active Directory System, Creating and Managing
Domain User and Group accounts, Assigning User, Group, File and Network Share system security
3. JESSE HINTON • Page 3
• Experience with Remedy IT Service Management 7.6, responsible for creating and updating trouble
tickets. Responsible for identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention. Responsible
for tracking, routing and properly documenting all problems and request.
• Performs system analysis and coordinated with outside vendors to identify network
problems/solutions for support personnel and mission critical organizations.
• Process Classified Message Traffic via the Defense Message Dissemination System (DMDS) and the
Automated Message Handle System (AMHS).
• Familiar with Microsoft Systems Center, Remote Desktop Control and IBM Tivoli “Big Fix” Endpoint
Manager to remotely manage and troubleshoot User workstations.
• Integral member of disaster recovery team that consistently maintained network at 100% uptime.
Implemented, configured and administered security and disaster-recovery systems.
• Spearheaded development and implementation of operational and technical manuals providing
detailed instructions that streamlined several highly technical processes.
Navy Medicine Manpower, Personnel, Training, and Education Command, Bethesda, Maryland
Information Systems Engineer, 02/2006-02/2010
Directed oversight of NAVMED MPT&E network operations with a customer base over 600 beneficiaries.
Provided all aspect of day to day planning and human resource management for the command. Planned and
managed training programs for 1200 students in compliance with Navy mission readiness as well as program
related activities to include strategic capital and workforce planning.
Reviewed and evaluated events and advise senior management regarding the accomplishments and
evaluation of program goals. Supervised and trained four staff members into a highly motivated and
productive team committed to excellence, as a result reduce weekly trouble tickets queue by 35%.
• Ensured data ownership and responsibilities are established for each information system, to include
accountability, access rights, and special handling requirements; assisted in developing and
implementing an information security education, training, and awareness program; following
procedures for authorizing the use of software, hardware, and firmware on automated information
• Strategically scheduled, implemented and managed network, computer hardware, and software
upgrades for mission critical personnel.
• Managed and configured DHCP server, provided IAVA patches, situational awareness and network
reports to NETWARCOM.
• Performed sites Configuration Management duties; created user and group accounts, enforced Group
Policies and documented procedures.
• Administered PKI systems that allows for local resetting of Common Access Cards (CAC).
• Trained and supervised eight helpdesk staff on operational procedures, troubleshooting techniques
on new hardware and/or software applications.
• Work within the NM MPT&E directorates to promote excellent customer service, effective response
times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines
for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customer satisfaction.
• Well verse on Windows, UNIX, and Novell Netware; installed Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003,
Server 2008 operating systems and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio,
4. JESSE HINTON • Page 4
• Responsible for setting up user accounts on blackberry server, installing desktop manager and
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Advanced Network Analyst: 6/2003-7/2003
Information Systems Administrator: 2/2002- 4/2002
Transmission System Technician: 5/2001- 8/2001
Primary Leadership Development Course, 180 hours, : 2/2001- 3/2001
Surface Communication System Operator: 1/1995- 2/1995
5 Day- CompTIA SECURITY + COURSE, 03/2015
5 Day- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP COURSE, 11/2014
Certifications:~ CompTIA Security+ ~ Certified Information Systems Security Professional
(SECURITY +)- Expected 09/2015
(CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY PROFESSIONAL)- Expected 12/2015
Professional Development: ~ Microsoft Windows 7 Administration and Database Management ~ UNIX
Training ~ Windows Server 2003 ~Windows Server 2008~ Primary Leadership Development Course
Recognition & Awards:
Awarded with Joint service commendation medal by Master Chief Petty Officer for exhibiting dedication to
duty under severe conditions.
Honored with Navy’s commendation and good conduct medal for exceptional leadership and service.
Awarded 5 five Navy achievement medals for superior performance and admirable leadership.
Presented Global war on terrorism expeditionary service and ISAF (International Security Assistance
force) for providing essential mission critical networking for joint forces and US allies in a timely manner.