• Dynamic and accomplished professional with more than 7 years of experience in
Information Technology and Services industry with primary expertise in Object Oriented,
• Having experience with Insurance, Investment Banking, Media, Financial domains.
• Expertise in developing and Extensively worked on Java, J2EE Architectural &
Design patterns, SOA, Spring, Hibernate,JSF, SOAP & Restful web services,
• Key participant in all phases of software development life cycle with Analysis, Design,
Development, Integration, Implementation, Debugging, and Testing of Software
Applications in client server environment, Object Oriented Technology and Web based
• Experienced in using agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Test-Driven
Development and Agile Scrum.
• Experienced in Configuring and deploying applications on application servers.
• Good knowledge working with, Eclipse based IDE tool.
• Expert in Object Oriented Design and Internet Applications
• Hands-on experience in using Tiles Framework, Validator Framework, JSTL Tag
Libraries, Resource Bundles, Plug-ins, Internationalization, DynaActionForm,
DispatchAction in Struts 1.1/1.2 application development.
• Experience in the use of Defect Tracking & Version Management Tools such as SVN,
VSS and CVS.
• Experienced in Unit Testing and generating of Test cases for web applications
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and a very good team player
with the ability to work independently
Web Technologies J2EE, Servlets, JSP, Struts, JSF, HTML, Java Script, Spring,
SOAP, Restful Web Services
Web/Application Server Tomcat , BEA WebLogic 8.1 AS, BEA WebLogic server 10.0
IDE Eclipse 3.x, WebLogic workshop
GUI Tools HTML/HTML5,CSS, Java Script, Ajax and JQuery
RDBMS MS SQL 2000, Oracle 10g
Languages Java, T-SQL, MS SQL
Version Management Tools SVN, VSS, CVS
Operating Systems UNIX, LINUX, Windows
Tools CVS,VSS, Vignette Application Portal 7.2.2,BEA WebLogic
Workspace Studio 10.0,VSS,Borland Together, Ant
2. Professional Experience:
Nationwide, Cleveland, OH Sept 15 – Till Date
Role: Sr Java J2EE Developer Role: Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering
organizations. The employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in
the United States, Canada and Australia. Nearly all construction projects are staffed by one or more
owners of our company.
• Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
• Implemented Spring Framework for the project.
• Developed class diagrams, sequence diagrams, and use case diagrams for the view accounts.
Generated skeleton code based on the class diagrams.
• Used Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) for the development of the project.
• Installed, configured and deployed the applications on WebSphere Portal and Application
Server with SOA Governance.
• Used RCP to reuse the components.
• Design and develop optimized and reliable code to specification, functional, system and
technical design reviews, as well as code reviews.
• Coordinating with business users, tech team, infrastructure team, QA team.
• Coordination with internal and external teams.
• Using SVN for Version Control.
• Used the REST Templates in the Spring services to call the RESTweb services.
• Created the spring Bean Factory for initializing services.
• Involved in the integration of Spring for implementing DependencyInjection (DI/IoC).
Developed code for obtaining bean references in Spring IoC framework.
• Developed JMS components to send messages from one application to other application
• Used Hibernate to integrate with the backend database.
• Extensively used Hibernate in developing data access layer. Developed SQL queries,
views and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
• Used XML and XSLT to display the pages in the HTML format for the customers.
• Developed an interface, which also shows the check images as the gif files, if there are any in
the account summary of the account actions.
• Was part of solving the issues that came in production.
Environment: Java 5, JEE, JSF, Node.js, IBM Web Sphere 7, RAD 7, Ant , Oracle Database,
Stash , python, Web Services, Boot
3. Client: Northern trust July 14 –August 15
Location: Chicago, IL
Role: Java J2EE Developer
Project Name: Compliance Analyst
Compliance Analyst is a post-trade compliance application. This monitoring tool helps to ensure
the investments being made are within the guidelines specified. Tests can be run by applying a set
of rules using this application to determine breaches.
Compliance Analyst allows users to establish Guidelines for their portfolios or components of the
• Create numeric boundaries
• Compare elements against each other or against a benchmark
• Analyzed requirements for Sector Weights guideline.
• Configured environment for development.
• Delivered design document for Sector Weights doc changes.
• Involved in Design, Development and Support phases of Software Development Life
Cycle (SDLC). Used AGILE methodology and participated in SCRUM meetings.
• Extensively worked on Core java.
• Developed business logic layer using Spring Framework and integrated Hibernate.
• Designed the system based on Spring MVC Model architecture.
• Developed Data Access Objects (DAO) for interacting with the database using
• Implemented ORM Hibernate framework, for interacting with Oracle 11g.
• Developed build Scripts using Maven to build and deploy the application.
• Involved in the development of the User Interfaces using HTML, JSP, JS, J-Query, CSS
Created rich UI Experience using the JQUERY, AJAX
• Consumed Web Services for transferring data between different applications.
Experienced with SOAP/WSDL.
• Used JAXB to manipulate XML documents.
• Parsed into JSON.
• Implemented several design patterns like Singleton, Factory, Frontcontroller.
• Used Oracle 11g database for the database needs.
• Developed JMS components to send messages from one application to other application
• Implemented Database by using Oracle with TOAD.
• Deployed the application in WebLogic application server.
• Configured various interceptors for transaction management, security, Audit logging
(database) and logging using SpringAOP.
• Logging framework Log4J is used for log messages.
• Used Junit, for unit testing the java classes and the DAO classes
5.0, Putty, SQL, WebLogic, TOAD, SVN, Web Services, JMock, Oracle 11g, Junit.
4. Walmart, Bentonville, Arkansas April 2013– May 2014
Role: Sr.Java/J2EE Developer
Project Title: Point of Sale
Description: The project involved enhancement of POS System to meet new business requirements.
Enhancement includes integration of middleware with new POS Credit Card processing System and
development of new web services integrated to POS functionalities.
• Developed the application using Spring Framework that leverages classical Model View
Controller (MVC) architecture.
Node.js as per user requirements.
• Used Spring Dependency Injection properties to provide loose-coupling between layers
• Implemented JAX-RS using Jersey.
• Also used Annotation capabilities of RESTful API by providing ease development and client
• Implemented system-wide Email Notification for important changes.
• Developed Message Driven Beans (MDBs) for receiving and processing data from IBM MQ
Series using JMS.
• Used Hibernate ORM framework integrated with Spring framework for data persistence
and transaction management.
• UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams, interaction diagrams (sequence and
collaboration) and activity diagrams were used.
• Used Hibernate object relational data mapping framework to persist and retrieve the data
• Authentication, authorization and security of application is provided using Encryption
• Wrote Hibernate Criteria queries, Named queries for stored procedures, and triggers to
perform back-end database operations.
• Implemented multithreading concepts of transaction purpose
• Developed ANT Scripts to do build, packaging ear file.
• Deployed the application using Weblogic as a server.
• Used UML and Rational Rose suite for designing the System.
• Implemented the logging mechanism using Log4j framework.
• Wrote test cases in JUnit for unit testing of classes.
• Provided functional support to the technical team in resolving & providing a quick fix for
Environment: Java jdk, JEE, JSP, Python, WebLogic Application Server, IBM RAD, Ant , Oracle
SSO, Hybris, WSDL, JMS, MDB, Web Services, XML, Apache Tomcat, JQUERY, Log4J, XML
Schema, XSD, JAXB, JUnit, SVN, JSP, Hibernate
Elsevier, Miamisburg OH Apr 12 – March 13
Role: Lead Java J2EE Developer
5. Project Name: Funding Intelligence Tool
Funding Intelligence Tool is the first of many products to be developed under a new Research
Workflow Tools initiative being driven from Science and Technology division of Elsevier. It is
primarily used by researchers and research administrators. Researchers, who are looking for
grants and funding opportunities for research work, can use GO to find recommendations to get
grants and (opportunities) solicitations. It also provides browse capabilities for Funding Programs
and Funding Bodies that initiate the Programs.
• Developed the middle tier using Java Struts framework based on the FTTC compliance
• Developed action script functions for event handling, response handling and error
• Resolved ticket s based on the environments and providing maintenance and support to
the different environments.
• Wrote application presentation layer, which is based on MVC framework, involves
Servlets, JSPs and Java Beans
• Provided an end-to-end solution for this project. Responsible for requirements analysis,
design, coding and testing of the entire application.
• Maintaining bug logs
• Fixed the defects for the application.
• Providing support and managing enhancements.
• Interact with customers to gather and synthesize requirements for various enhancements
and also provide support in case of need
• Working with a Virtual team spread out across the world helping in the SDLC and
• Supported Testing team in executing the test cases in baseline and SIT (the real)
Environment: Java, XML, Servlet, Web Services, ANT, Oracle 9i, Struts, Hibernate, Java
Script, HTML, Stripes1.5, XML, MY SQL 2000, Tomcat6.x, Eclipse 3.x.
DB Schenker Inc, NY Apr 2010 – March 12
It is a web-based application, which provides the shipment services like reading the shipment
information from the sender and processing the goods in domestic area using this information and
it acknowledges the sender. This administration extends down to the various fields and features of
the applications that the user is allowed to access. Much of the information is needed by more
than one application. .
• Implemented MVC Architecture to separate the presentation, business and database logic in
the application using Struts.
• Involved in requirements analysis, Object Oriented Design and Coding.
• Used Hibernate as an ORM for data persistence.
• Implemented SOAP and WSDL web services for XML data transfer over HTTP
• Integrated different applications and passing messages using JMS and MQ-Series.
6. • Working with JMS by using message Queue, Topic to send messages to durable clients and
• Used LDAP for user specific data delivery.
• Worked in the back end development of the application, involved in retrieving the data from
• Used XML extensively in the process of communicating with several external applications.
• Developed XSL’s to customize the display data from XML’s obtained through other systems.
• Responsible for coding using AJAX for getting data from a database without reloading the
• Designed and developed the Logger (Log4j) framework.
• Followed sprint cycle iterations during development (SCRUM methodology).
• Developed Perl and Shell Scripts on the UNIX machine to fix bugs.
• Preparing and executing unit test cases using the J - unit
• Provided Technical Support during various phases of testing like Integration, System and
User Acceptance Testing.
• Having the responsibility to test the use case by writing the Unit test cases and having good
knowledge in usage of J-unit to test the application.
• Involved in the build automation using the automation tool Ant on the UNIX machine.
Environment: Java, Servlets, JSP, Struts, JNDI, LDAP, JMS, WebSphere MQ, JNDI, XML,
WebSphere Application Server, Oracle, CVS, Perl, Shell, UNIX, Windows XP.
Health Highway Inc., Milpitas, CA Jan 2008 to March 2010
Role: Sr. Java Developer
PROJECT: Patient Retention System
Description: This healthcare application is designed to facilitate patients and physicians to
interact online. Involves fixing appointments, patient registration, billing etc. This is a java
enterprise application developed on WebLogic application server and backend is oracle.
• Involved in requirement analysis and played a key role in project planning.
• Designed and developed web components and business modules through all tiers from
presentation to persistence.
• Developed the application using JPA and used JPQL for mapping with the rational DB.
• Developed UI layout using Tiles.
• Developed java beans to interact with UI & db.
• Created the end-user business interfaces.
• Developed Web Service application using XML and SOAP.
• Integrated JMS with WebLogic.
• Frequent interaction with client and delivered solution for their business needs.
• Developed XML/XSL with JAXB.
• Development and enhancement applications with Adobe Flex.
• Developed EJBs and Customized Tag Libraries for JSP to reduce the complexity of
• Involved in designing XML documents for efficient message transfer between
• Developed ANT script for building and packaging J2EE components.
7. • Wrote PL/SQL queries and Stored procedures for data retrieval.
• Created and modified Oracle Schema objects like Tables, Indexes.
• Created Test Plan, Test Cases & scripts for UI testing using Selenium.
• Selenium Grid for distributed Testing and Load testing.
Environment: JDK1.5, J2EE (EJB, JSP, servlets, XML, JAXB), JDBC, JPA, JMS, Struts,
FLEX, HTML, XML, Hibernate, XSL, XSLT, Springs, AngularJS, CSS, AJAX, DHTML,
WebLogic, DB2, SWING, ANT, Oracle 11g