1. JASON BESSER-JONES
www.linkedin.com/in/jbesserjones New Orleans, LA 70119 802.989.1072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced IT professional with over 15 years of experience with an emphasis on end user support, and
network support with a strong emphasis on troubleshooting and installations. Adept at solving computer
technology and networking problems. Knowledge of both Windows and Mac OS’s. Experienced in both
WAN and LAN with an emphasis on Cisco hardware and Microsoft Systems. Proven ability to
communicate clearly and effectively with end users. Previous positions include end user support (levels I-
III), network administrator, field support and independent IT consultant. Considerable knowledge and
experience working across diverse industries.
HERTZ, New Orleans, Louisiana 2013 - 2016
Field Systems Support
Supported all of Hertz branded offices in Louisiana and parts of Mississippi, which included Hertz
Equipment Rental, Dollar/Thrifty Rent A Car, Hertz Local Edition, Hertz Entertainment Division, Hertz Car
• Provided On Site and Remote support for the installation of critical POS counter systems, rental
kiosks, desktop PCs, laptops, handheld PCs, tablets, routers, switches, cabling and other
peripherals at Hertz operating locations.
• Configured computer software and assisted the end-users of hardware and software in their
understanding and operation of technology.
• Provided IT support to various U.S. locations with hundreds of devices including many mobile
users within the region.
• Made on the spot decisions in order to provide automation to offices opening in new markets as
well as inspected the work of vendors to keep IT projects on time and in scope.
• Provided timely updates on projects, tickets and rollout status.
• Researched and resolved Level 3 Helpdesk tickets through remote and onsite troubleshooting
minimizing impact on day to day operations.
• Traveled as needed to support other Field Support Techs with on going projects in other regions
across the country.
Comcast, South Burlington, Vermont 2011 - 2013
IT Support Representative 2
Oversaw technical hardware and software support of all Comcast employees working in Vermont and
Western New Hampshire.
• Worked closely with Connecticut based team to ensure all tickets were handled promptly, to
schedule upgrades, and to assess computer-related needs and minimize down time.
• Successfully performed moves, adds, changes, and maintenance activities for desktop/laptop
computers, telephones, and printers.
• Installed new equipment for users and replacement of non-functioning equipment to ensure end
• Educated end users regarding computer and software operations, including basic “how to's” and
best practices in order to be more efficient.
• Performed network troubleshooting to ensure users were successfully online.
Counseling Service of Addison County (CSAC), Middlebury, Vermont 2008 - 2010
2. Oversaw and maintained all aspects of network administration and end user support, including hardware
and software troubleshooting, as well as resolving user issues with Electronic Medical Records system
JASON BESSER-JONES page 2
Nerds on Site, Waterloo, Ontario 2007 - 2008
Independent IT Consultant
Provided on-site technical solutions to small/medium enterprise and residential clients. Daily activities
included troubleshooting, hardware and software installation and maintenance, and making
recommendations for improvement. Other duties included: sales assessments, invoice preparations, one-
on-one customer support. Consistently achieved strong reviews from clients.
IBM Insurance Call Center, Waterloo, Ontario 2006 - 2007
Helpdesk Analyst (contract position)
Supported all aspects of technical support to Manulife Financial and John Hancock corporate employees
throughout North America. Provided telephone and email support and trouble-shooting for various
business applications specific to the insurance and financial industry as well as escalated technical issues
to specific teams within the company.
Time Warner Commercial Road Runner, Morrisville, North Carolina 2001 - 2003
Commercial Technical Specialist (Tier 3)
Supported and assisted all operations associated with the successful installation, servicing and quality
control for Road Runner Business Class Customers.
• PC hardware configuration and installations
• Configuring and troubleshooting the IOS of CPE Cisco Routers
• Troubleshooting DNS and TCP/IP issues
• Coordinated and completed IP renumbering of all Road Runner Business Class customers
• Supported sales department with pre-sales technical questions
• Supported networking hardware including Cisco, Zyxel, Linksys, Sonicwall, and Netgear
BTI (Business Telecom Inc.), Raleigh, North Carolina 1998 - 2001
Internet Network Administrator II
Maintained and supported the WAN systems for BTI’s Internet Services, as well as contributed to the
development and deployment of new procedures and processes.
• Allocated IP addresses to dedicated customers using VLSM in accordance with ARIN policies.
• ‘SWIP’ing CIDR blocks in accordance with ARIN policies.
• Resolved customer connectivity issues, including troubleshooting fractional and full T-1 circuits on
a daily basis.
• Turned up dedicated T-1 and fractional T-1 Internet connections for customers.
• Worked with switch technicians to build circuits from the customer site to Internet routers.
• Collaborated with various salespeople, customers and their vendors on a daily basis. Assisted in
training other Internet Network Administrators.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Hello Computers - (San Jose, CA) Received training towards CCNP and CISSP Certifications
Certifications: MCSE (MCP ID# 2951023, April 2003)
CCNA (Cisco ID# CSCO10086656, May 2000)
Global Knowledge - (Cary, N.C.) Attended a series of Cisco, Microsoft, and Unix related courses.
ECPI Technical College - (Raleigh, N.C.) Computer Technology Program (4.0 GPA)
United States Air Force - (Denver, CO) Electronics School 445X0B