• Lenskart is an Indian multinational optical prescription eyewear retail chain, based in
• Founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary, and Sumeet Kapahi
• Started as an online retailer
• As of May 2022, Lenskart has 1,000 stores across 223 cities in India.
• Several unique services such as home eye check-ups and 3D virtual try-on.
of Lens Market
• The Contact Lens Market
in India is valued at US$
138.9 Million in 2020 and
is poised to grow at a
CAGR of 7.08% to reach a
Market Size of US$ 197.28
Million in 2025.
Segmentation & Targeting
• Age: 15 to 50 18-30
• Gender: The market is dominated by women, who account for around 60% of the
total market share.
• Demo Occupation: The market is segmented into students,
professionals, and homemakers.
• Psychographic: Fashion-consciousness, active and busy lifestyle
• Behavioral: Usage rate, Occasion-based usage, Online purchase behavior
1. Convenience: Daily disposable lenses can be positioned as a convenient and hygienic
2. Style: Colored contact lenses can be positioned as a way to enhance a person's
natural beauty and style.
3. Performance: Contact lenses designed for active wear can be positioned as high-
4. Comfort: Contact lenses designed for people with sensitive eyes can be positioned
as comfortable and easy to wear