1. P E R S O N A L B R A N D
E X P L O R A T I O N
J A M E S G I V E N S P R O J E C T P O R T F O L I O A N D P E R S O N A L B R A N D 0 3 / 0 3 / 2 3
2. I D E N T I T Y
• What makes me unique is that I’m a natural with social media. Growing up in a era where social media
blossomed (Myspace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc) I have had experience with mostly ever platform
as a regular/daily user. So transitioning to the Digital Marketing career field would be as hard.
• I am also a sponge when it comes to absorbing knowledge. A quick hands on learning as well!
3. P R O F E S S I O N
• Digital Marketing Specialist- Gather Information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or plan
a marketing or advertising campaign.
• Brand/Product Manager- A brand or product manager is the lead marketing professional dedicated to a
particular brand. These professionals merge the business objectives for a company with effective marketing
strategies that the company can use to bring in new customers. They also must understand how to define
profits and sales within the business's structure.
• Digital Marketing Coordinators- collaborate closely with many marketing roles to oversee the proper
implementation of marketing campaigns. They create and oversee campaign deadlines, manage the
budget and coordinate the campaign from start to finish.
4. T A R G E T A U D I E N C E
• For 2 of the job fields, the target audience that would need to know me would be the employers. Seeing
that most of my work will be completed behind the scenes, I won’t have to be a public figure speaking in
front of a crowd of clients. Instead my positions will be more office based.
• On the other hand, as a Brand Product/Manager the target audience will be more client. I would a to
present clients/companies with ideas as the lead marketing professional. Their primary responsibilities are
to create interest in and bring people to their brand.
5. C A R E E R G O A L S
• Short Term Goals- My initial goal is to finish college with a bachelors degree in Digital Marketing. Upon
graduation, I plan to start my marketing career off as a Digital Marketing Specialist. Making around $60k
• 5-10 Year Goals- I plan to continue my career as a Digital Marketing Specialist and leveling up to level IV
Digital Marketing Specialist. Earning over $100k per year.
• 15-20 Year Goals- I plan to start my own marketing agency. I would to have a agency that works with many
different clients. Such as Athletes, Musicians, Models, Actors/Actress
6. S K I L L S A N A L Y S I S
• When it comes to Technical skills, I would say Web Development/Project Management. Both skill sets I
would rate as adept.
• As far as transferable skills goes, I would say communication and team work. I would rate both as expert.
7. P R O M I S E
• I promise to always give a 110% on every project I am assigned to!
8. C R E D E N T I A L S
• High School diploma
• Audio Arts Associates degree
• One of 8 team captains for my high school football team
• Volunteer work with youth athletes
9. C O M P E T I T I O N ( C O M P A R E )
• I chose an alum of Full Sail named Brandon Rainey and Are Rahman. Both are in the career field of Digital
Marketing Specialist. Which is the career choice I plan to pursue following graduation.
• Brandon has 4+ years of experience writing compelling factual copies for various websites. Some of his
technical skills are Microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook etc). He has experience with Adwords and
SEO as well. Some areas of expertise are content creation, marketing, SEO optimization and time
management. He currently works for “Greenlight Financial Technology remotely- in the sales & tech support.
• Areej Rahman has 10+ years of digital marketing. He’s a former Purdue University student who has worked
with clients in E-Commerce, Technology, Education, Fashion, Real Estate, Travel etc. Some skills he’s
acquired over the years are Web Analytics, Cross-Channel Marketing, Ad Serving, Campaigning, Content
Strategy, Search Engine Marketing, SEO etc. He currently works as a Digital Marketing Specialist for a
company named “Pirani Group of Companies” in Canada.
• Both overall online presence is about the same. Not much
10. C O M P E T I T I O N ( C O N T R A S T )
• From a contrasting perspective I can determine that both are skilled at what they do but based on Areej
work history, he’s probably more skilled.
• Areej has a lot more listed under his skills column
• Brandon received his in bachelors in Digital Cinematography
11. B R A N D P O S I T I O N
• An interaction with me will be a good one to say the less. I have a laidback personality but I’m very hard
working! I am a team player type of individual, probably because I grew up as a multi sport athlete. An
employer should hire me rather than my competition because I am willing to learn the company and my role
within. I won’t come with a “I know it all” mindset, because I don’t but am ready to put in the work to become
a great digital marketing specialist. With plans to grow with the company and go from job to job!
12. N E T W O R K I N G & M A R K E T I N G
• I plan to attend the Marketing Analytics Summit around June 19th-June 22nd, 2023 in Las Vegas, NV.
• The All American Sports Betting Summit from June 29th-30th, 2023 in San Francisco, CA.
• Also the Product Marketing Summit November 30th, 2023 in Toronto, Canada.
• The type of content I will produce and publish on a regular basis outside of my Digital Marketing Specialist
position will be music and sports. I am a music producer so I plan to continue to push out new instrumentals
for hip hop and r&b artist. At the same time, helping promote the upcoming projects. Besides the music, I
will be making YouTube content for athletes. Helping high school athletes create highlight tapes for college
recruitment. Also assisting college athletes with highlight tapes to showcase to the pro’s!
13. P R O F E S S I O N A L D E V E L O P M E N T
• Based on today, some of the education, technical and transferable skills I will pursue are
• SEO, Display Advertising and Email Marketing, Digital Analytics, Reporting Strategy Development
• Graphic design, Data Analysis
• As far as mentorship opportunities, I haven’t looked into it much yet. But plan to soon. It shouldn’t take me
much time to improve the technical skill sets. I should acquire those technical skills by the time of
14. E L E V A T O R P I T C H
• Having a hard time getting your music in the right hands? Or having your highlight reel seen by the right
coaches!? We’ll what I would do is contact JG3 Productions! In fact, JG3 Productions is not only a
upcoming music producer with mixing and mastering skills. He’s also an up and coming Digital Marketer.
He’s giving the next Rich Paul vibes! You can gain a industry connection if you contact him asap! Before
the prices go up!
15. R E F E R E N C E S
13 highest paying marketing and advertising jobs. Husson University. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from
13-1161.00 - market research analysts and marketing specialists. O*NET OnLine. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from
20 marketing jobs that pay well | indeed.com - indeed career guide. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from https://www.indeed.com/career-
Brandon Rainey - enrollment specialist - First Coast Service ... - linkedin. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from
Areej Rahman - Digital Marketing manager - SkillDzire | LinkedIn. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from https://in.linkedin.com/in/areejrahman
2023 & 2024 Digital Marketing Conferences in North America - 180 events! Online.Marketing. (n.d.). Retrieved March 6, 2023, from