We used our iPhones to iMessage and
communicate our ideas and for when
we wanted to meet up and create our
music video. This extremely quick
source of communication helped us
out dramatically and is a brilliant
example of modern technology that
we used for the construction of our
video. As well as being used in our
video as a prop to make it look more
real and true to modern life.
6. As well as iMessage we also used our
phones for other reasons, such as social
networking apps such as Twitter and
Facebook. These apps helped us to not
only communicate with each other
during the planning stages but also to
communicate with other people,
furthermore for planning as well as
collecting audience feedback.
7. While I was creating the video I found that I had to keep on switching
back and forth via two different types of hardware. Apple and
8. This is because while I was at college I used Microsoft
Hardware and then when I was at home I used an Apple
Mac. I found that while I was at home, the hardware and
also software I used worked much quicker and therefore
helped me to research, plan and then create an evaluation
of my product much easier.
9. Another piece of brilliant technology which we would
not been able to create our video without was the
camera we used.
10. Nikon SLR Camera. We used this piece of
technology many times over and over until we felt
we had ﬁlmed a high quality and number of shots
to ensure we created a clever and professional
11. Along with the camera, we always used a
tripod which helped us to create the shots
we wanted. Without it we would have
always been having to recording free
hand, making the video look totally
different that we would have wanted it to
12. After using the Camera and Tripod we then needed to edit the footage we had
recorded and then create the video. To do this we used the Windows computers
in college and a software called Adobe Premiere Pro. This top of the range
program allowed us to edit and piece our clips together and mould the end
product we wanted to create together.
13. At home on my Mac I also used a software called Logic Pro X to edit the
song we used in the video, Avicii – Silhouettes. I edited the intro of the
song to ﬁt our music video more appropriately.
14. iMovie was another software available on my Mac which I used. iMovie came
in use when I was editing the footage from our audience feedback clips together. Its
easy to understand tools made it quick and easy to edit the clips together and look
professional at the same.
15. Mind Genius helped with the planning stages of
our video. I find at times it was difficult to use but
then after a few hours of using it got use to the
layout of it all.
16. At the start of research for the product we had to
create two ancillary products which then in our
evaluation we would compare with our final video. I
used Adobe Photoshop on both my laptop at home
and computer in college. This easy switch between
software on both types of hardware made creating
my ancillary products easy.
18. When researching before actually producing our music video we used
many different websites on the internet. Because we use the internet
everyday and experienced in how to use it, this helped us to acquire a lot
of information and ideas when deciding what to produce in terms of look
and style. Using websites such as Youtube, Google, Twitter and Facebook
helped us to gather ideas. This helped us to plan our music video better
and also gain audience feedback when writing our evaluation of our
19. The internet was a big part of our planning, construction,
research and evaluation of our end product.
It helped us out in more ways than one.
20. Youtube was a big part of our research before we actually started to
plan and create our video. It allowed us to look at other music
videos and then gain ideas. As we are both big fans of house music
we decided first of all to look at house music videos and then moved
onto watching other genre’s of video’s to gain a better
understanding of music video conventions and what we should
include in our own video.
21. Facebook was used to create Facebook focus group
during research. This research helped us to gain ideas
from audiences to see what people liked the most
when it comes to music videos.
22. A new website to me and one which I used for the very first time this year was
Survey Monkey. Survey Monkey allowed me to gain peoples views and
interests via a short and simple survey over the internet.
23. I used blogger to exhibit my coursework throughout my progression of it.
Ranging from product research to the final evaluation.
Blogger has been the foundation of my two years of media studies and has
helped me to exhibit the coursework I have done.
24. We sometimes had to use websites which would convert a certain presentation
into the correct format to then be presentable for Blogger. Presentations such
as this one its self needed converting to be put on my Blog. Slideshare allows
us to do so.
25. Prezi is an online program which adds a creative side when presenting information to
audiences. I have used Prezi a lot to display information throughout my blog.
26. One of the social networking sites we used to distribute our music
video was on Twitter. Twitter has become one of the most popular
social networking sites within in the last 5 years and also one of the
most easiest to promote and share products on.
Twitter helped us gain at least 20 views within the first
hour of uploading it onto YouTube by distributing to
friends and also wider audiences.
27. The search engine I used to ﬁnd everything I was looking
for when planning, constructing and researching was
Google. I have always used Google and it has become the
most important tool I could possibly have.
29. Sometimes it felt like technology was against us when we ran into difficulties
loading clips onto Adobe Premiere Pro and then exporting/rendering the final
draft of the video. Quite a lot of the time I tended to do work on my Mac
laptop at home and then try to bring the work in to do on the Windows
Computers at college but I sometimes forgot to convert the file types, this meant
they couldn't open at college and was a waste of my time.
Other than that the technology I used helped me greatly and allowed me to
create a product which was hopefully to the best of my ability.
30. I believe that without using the different media technologies we did we
wouldn't have been able to create the end product we did or to any similar
We have now become accustomed to modern technologies and with the
power they hold, and it proves that students with no professional media
background are still able to create a music video to a great standard.