1. Where the Mind is Without
Dr. G. N. Khamankar
Head, Dept. of English, Vivekanand Mahavidhyalaya,Bhadrawati.
2. 1. Who is the poet Of 'WHERE THE MIND IS
A. R. N. TAGORE B. SUKANTO BHATTACHARYA
C. NAZRUL ISLAM D. PREMENDRA MITRA
3. 2. Where does the poem, 'WHERE THE MIND
IS WITHOUT FEAR' occur?
A. English version of Gitanjali B. Bengali version of Radhakrishna
C. English version of Swadesh D. Bengal version of Svadhinata
4. 3. The expression 'knowledge is free'
A. free from early idea B. free from scientific idea
C. free from superstition D. free from corruption
5. 4. 'Into that heaven of freedom, my Father,
let my country awake' ---The 'country'
referred to here is
A. England B. America
C. Russia D. India
6. 5. The expression 'head is held high',
A. freedom of mind B. freedom of self-respect
C. Freedom of mind and self-respect D. freedom of enjoying political rights
7. 6. A nation is broken up into fragments by
A. boundary walls B. domestic walls
C. private walls D. public walls
8. 7. Domestic walls are raised because of
A. selfishness B. narrowness
C. broadness D. selfishness and narrowness
9. 8. The narrow domestic walls...
A. break a society into fragments B. break a nation into fragments
C. break a world into fragments D. break community into fragments
10. 9. By 'domestic walls' the poet means...
A. sectarian approach of the people B. utilitarian approach of the people
C. selfish approach of the people D. economic approach of the people
11. 10. The poet wants the words to come
A. the depth of spirit B. the depth of psychology
C. the depth of inner heart D. the depth of truth
12. 11. 'Tireless striving' are two words that
tell us that..
A. the search for perfection always continues
the search for perfection always never continues
the search for perfection never ceases
the search for perfection is a continues process
13. 12. In this poem reason is compared to a
A. pond B. shower
C. Lake D. Clear Stream
14. 13. The dead habit is compared to a/an
A. oasis B. sand
C. desert D. mountain stream
15. 14. The clear stream of reason loses its way
A. the sand of ancient habits B. the sand of dead habits
C. the sand of deserts D. the sand of a river
16. 15. Dead habit in Tagore's poem means
A. changing habit B. unchanging habit
C. good habit D. bad habit
17. 16. Where the mind is led forward by thee.
Who is addressed here?
A. heaven B. God
C. Spirit D. people
18. 17. Man's mind should be led forward into
A. thought B. Action
C. Thought and Action D. thought and plan
19. 18. 'The heaven of freedom' refers to the
A. home land B. native land
Father land D. Dream Land
20. 19. Father in Tagore's poem is
A. God B. god
C. forefathers D. successor
21. 20. Narrow domestic walls are the wall of
the discrimination on the basis of
A. cast B. creed
C. colour D. caste, creed and colour