1 | P a g e
PERIODICAL TEST in ENGLISH 2
Name: _________________________ Section: _______________ Score: _______
GENERAL INSTRUCTION: Read each item carefully and follow the instructions very
A. Multiple Choice
Read each item properly and choose the best answer. Write your answers on the blank
after each number.
1. What pronoun should be replaced for the underlined word in the 1. _____
a. They b. Them c. We d. Us
2. What interrogative pronoun can be associated in this sentence? 2. _____
a. What b. When c. Why d. Who
3. Determine the gender of pronoun of the underlined words in the given 3. _____
a. feminine b. common c. neuter d. masculine
4. What is the verb used in the sentence? 4. _____
a. lights b. turn c. when d. let
5. What person of pronoun is used in the sentence? 5. _____
a. first person b. second person c. third person d. fourth person
6. What pronoun should be replaced in the sentence? 6. _____
a. They b. It c. She d. he
Eco Rangers encourages us to protect and preserve the nature.
We have trash problems because of littering.
Illegal loggers makes the trees lesser.
Let us turn off the lights when not in use.
We should always segregate waste for a clean living.
Mr. Gomez cleans the canal to avoid illnesses.
2 | P a g e
7. What is the past tense of the verb in the sentence? 7. _____
a. prepared b. prepares c. preparing d. preparation
8. What word in the sentence can be replaced by the pronoun “It”? 8. _____
a. always b. the c. faucet d. save
9. DENR protects the trees from being cut, and ______ job is to make 9. _____
sure that trees are preserved.
a. his b. my c. their d. she
10. What do we add if the doer is only one and the verb 10. _____
ends in –y?
a. –ing b. –es c. –ed d. –s
11. What is the present tense of the verb in the sentence? 11. _____
a. throws b. throwed c. throwing d. thrown
12. Richard likes to clean their barangay. ______ helps it to be safe 12. _____
a. He b. She c. It d. They
13. To ______ does the poem “Trees” sends message? 13. _____
a. What b. Who c. Whom d. Where
14. Julia, Brianna and Cassy made pen holder made of recycled 14. _____
materials. Do you like ______ work?
a. them b. their c. us d. we
15. I learned a lot from my teachers about the importance of nature. 15. _____
I learned a lot from _______.
a. them b. their c. us d. they
We must be prepare whenever there is calamity.
Always close the faucet to save water.
Victor throw the trash to the proper bin.
3 | P a g e
16. What pronoun is used in the sentence that shows gender of pronoun 16. _____
a. beautiful b. garden c. uses d. Mrs. Gonzales
17. Miriam and I read a story about nature. ______ enjoyed reading it. 17. _____
a. them b. their c. us d. we
18. What pronoun must be used if we are talking to one person and 18. _____
large number of person.
a. they b. you c. them d. us
19. What answer can be associated for the sentence? 19. _____
a. Yes, he must throw it in the trash can.
b. Yes, she must throw it in the trash can.
c. Yes, they must throw it in the trash can.
d. Yes, it must throw it in the trash can.
20. What interrogative pronoun is used when we are asking steps or 20. _____
manner of doing things?
a. Who b. What c. When d. How
B. 21 – 23
Identify the misspelled word and write the correct spelling of the word.
21. Our world suffers great prablemm of pollution. 21. ________
22. Japan experienced huge fllad because of heavy rain. 22. ________
23. Remember our eco-friendly reminder: Reduce, Reuse, and 23. ________
C. 24 – 27
Complete the sentence with the correct present form of the verb in the parenthesis.
24. My parents ______ (remind) us to take care of environment. 24. ________
25. Our Mother Earth ______ (love) us. 25. ________
26. Our family ______ (help) each other to clean our surroundings. 26. ________
27. Why does people ______ (throw) their trash everywhere? 27. ________
Mrs. Gonzales has a beautiful vegetable garden. She uses
Is this John’s dirt?
4 | P a g e
D. 28 – 32
Add an indefinite pronoun to complete each sentence.
28. _______ must take part in taking care of the environment. 28. ________
29. _______ likes to have a dirty place. 29. ________
30. I have prepared ________ for the Earth Day Exhibit. 30. ________
31. I saw _____ throw garbage in the river. 31. ________
32. ______ commercials supports trash free environment. 32. ________
E. 33 – 37
Write the correct past tense form of the verb in the sentence.
33. Matthew buy some seeds for tree planting. 33. ________
34. I read some books, magazines, and articles about taking care of 34. ________
35. St. Agnes’ Academy teach us how to be responsible in throwing 35. ________
our trashes to proper bins.
36. I learn that if we abuse nature, we will not have a good future. 36. ________
37. Anna join in fun run for nature. 37. ________
F. 38 – 40
Give the correct demonstrative pronoun for each sentence.
38. (This is, These are) seeds that I’m holding. 38. ________
39. (Those are, These are) my classmates planting over there. 39. ________
40. (This is, These are) fragrant flowers I planted here. 40. ________
Write the questions for these answers using interrogative pronouns.
41. I used recycled materials in making my project.
42. Earth Day Celebration happened last September 24, 2015.
43. I will always segregate waste to avoid illnesses.
5 | P a g e
44. Earth hour happens every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:45 – 8:45 a.m.
45. I am eco-friendly student.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.