PERIODICAL TEST in ENGLISH 1
Name: _________________________ Section: _______________ Score: _______
GENERAL INSTRUCTION: Read each item carefully and follow the instructions very
A. Multiple Choice
Read each item properly and choose the best answer. Write your answers on
the blank after each number.
1. Tom is in a hurry going to the library. Suddenly he bumped a little 1. _____
girl and hurt her. What should Tom say to the little girl?
a. I am sorry b. excuse me c. you are welcome
2. Which of the following words can be classified as symbols 2. _____
of Philippine Nationalism?
a. mall, cinema, school
b. flag, Luneta, carabao
c. library, museum, church
3. What is the mass noun in the sentence below? 3. _____
a. MersCov b. air c. affects
4. You burp in the middle of a conversation with your teacher. 4. _____
What correct polite expression are you going to use?
a. I am sorry b. please c. excuse me
5. What proper noun can be used to replace the underlined 5. _____
a. Noynoy Aquino b. Sarah Geronimo c. Jose Rizal
6. You see the Principal along the pergola one morning. 6. _____
Which of the following
greeting you must say?
a. Good morning Mrs. Reyes!
b. Good afternoon Mrs. Reyes!
c. Good evening Mrs. Reyes!
Mers Corona Virus is brought by air and affects people.
We have many great heroes.
7. Which of the following are mass nouns? 7. _____
a. teachers, children, parents
b. ball, hat, plate
c. blood, dust, air
8. ___________ describes a specific name of a person, place, 8. _____
animal and thing.
a. pronoun b. common noun c. proper noun
9. What is referred to by the underlined noun in the sentence 9. _____
a. person b. animal c. place
10. You attended in the meeting together with your father 10. _____
(Mr. Carlo) and you want to introduce your father to your
classmate (Peter). What should you say to Mr. Carlo and Peter?
a. Mr. Carlo meet Peter
b. Peter meet Mr. Carlo
c. Mr. Carlo meet Mr. Carlo
11. What is the plural form of the noun in the sentence below? 11. _____
a. respects b. respect c. respectss
12. Angelo saw Jane looking for her eyeglasses on the floor. 12. _____
What must Angelo say to Jane?
a. May I help you? b. Good morning! c. you are welcome
13. What is the plural noun used in the sentence? 13. _____
a. people b. donations c. Metro Manila
President Benigno Aquino III promised to improve and help our
country on his State of the Nation Address.
A true Filipino respect the country.
Many people gave donations when flood occurred in Metro Manila.
14. Which of the following gender of nouns is a feminine? 14. _____
a. father, host, prince
b. lady, witch, daughter
c. horse, tiger, fox
15. What is the gender of the underlined noun below? 15. _____
a. neuter b. masculine c. feminine
16. What is the plural noun used in the sentence below? 16. _____
a. hunger b. poverty c. children
17. What gender of noun can be replaced to the underlined word 17. _____
a. Jessa b. Mark c. frame
18. You want someone to pass you the book which is at the far 18. _____
end of the table. How are you going to say it in a polite way?
a. Please pass it.
b. Please pass the book.
c. Pass it.
19. What proper noun can be replaced to the underlined 19. _____
a. Noynoy Aquino b. Andres Bonifacio c. Jose Rizal
20. What is the plural form of the underlined word below? 20. _____
Fruits and Vegetables makes our body health and it protects from illnesses.
Many children suffer from hunger and poverty.
Mother and I always go to church every Sunday.
The president does his best to help the Filipinos.
Legazpi City is a clean city.
a. citys b. cityes c. cities
Write the correct answer on the blank after each number.
21. Arrange the jumbled letters inside the box to form the name 21. _____
of our national tree.
22. Complete the series of letters in the box to form a word that 22. _____
23-25. Flag Ceremony is one way of showing respect and love for country.
Using the speech balloon, write the different greetings while having the
Flag Ceremony. (3 points)
r r n
b a e
26-28. We can all be a hero. And we can help people who are in need. As an
Agnesian, how can you be a hero in your own ways? Complete the statement and
write your answers on the space provided.
26. At home
I can be a hero at home by
27. In School
I can be a hero in school by
28. In the Community
I can be a hero in my community by
29 – 31. There are many people suffering from poverty and some children cannot
afford going to school. Using the picture below name some nouns with different
genders. (3 points)
31– 35. Read each sentences carefully and answer the question that follows.
Complete the statement using the proper stroke in writing. (4 points)
What do James, Mary and Peter have in common?
James love to read stories about Filipino heroes.
Mary loves to buy products made from the Philippines.
Peter loves to watch foreign movies and songs.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.