Art and Design (fine art and
Producing a study of an Artist
• For your first Photography project you need by getting some inspiration!!
Looking at and studying the work of artists and photographers will help
you with this.
• Research one of the photographers below:
• Henri Cartier Bresson
• Elliot Erwitt
• Robert Capa
• Dorothea Lange
• Irving Penn
Researching your artist:
• Choose a selection of photos from your artist that interest you. Print out on
good quality paper, at school you can use cartridge paper in the laser
printers rather than photo paper (see Mrs Hill for this).
• You will need a short biography that includes birth/death?, place of
• You need to start to look at how they have produced their photos, is there
anything special about that. What are they best known for? For painters
materials and techniques.
• What do you like about their work? What is it like that you may have seen
before? Could you recreate it?
• Have a go at recreating it! Produce a selection of photos or drawing and
painting that have been influenced by the artists work.
• Now you have created a selection of photos and artwork inspired by
your chosen artist, evaluate how well you have done?
• Have you used different techniques to get a similar effect. What are
• What is different about your outcomes from the artists?
• What else could you do to develop your images further?