What is business process?
Why Business Process is important?
What is a standard operating procedure (SOP)?
Why SOP is important?
Difference between SOP and business process
3 Types of Business Processes?
The 7 Steps of the Business Process Lifecycle
What are the Essential Attributes of an Ideal Business Process?
Benefits of using Business Process Software
Common Terms Related To Business Processes
An Example of a Business Process
3. What is business process?
A business process is an activity or set of
activities that accomplish a specific
organizational goal. Business processes
should have purposeful goals, be as specific
as possible and produce consistent
4. Why Business Process is important?
Business processes are important because they are a step by step guide
that describes how things are done the best possible way and makes it
easier to focus on improving business processes.
5. What is a standard operating procedure (SOP)?
• A standard operating procedure is a set of written
instructions that describes the step-by-step process
that must be taken to properly perform a routine
activity. SOPs should be followed the exact same way
every time to guarantee that the organization
remains consistent and in compliance with industry
regulations and business standards.
6. Why SOP is important?
• SOPs help manufacturers comply with
local, state, and federal regulations.
Operational managers depend on
organized processes to meet rigorous
quality control, production, and safety
standards. Performing tasks in a
prescribed manner allows teams to
reduce the likelihood of experiencing
8. 3 Types of Business Processes?
9. The 7 Steps of the Business Process Lifecycle
• Step 1: Define Your Goals.
• Step 2: Plan and Map Your Process.
• Step 3: Set Actions and Assign Stakeholders.
• Step 4: Test the Process.
• Step 5: Implement the Process.
• Step 6: Monitor the Results.
• Step 7: Repeat.
10. What are the Essential Attributes of an Ideal
11. Benefits of using Business Process Software
Reduction of Risks
Elimination of Redundancies
12. Common Terms Related To Business Processes
Business Process Management
Business Process Improvement
Business Process Mapping
Business Process Documentation
Business Process Discovery
Business Process Automation
Business Process Handoffs
13. An Example of a Business Process
• The HR executive posts the job update.
• Multiple candidates apply in a portal.
• The HR executive screens the candidates and filters the best-fits.
• The selected candidates are called for the next stages of the
• The right candidate is chosen at the last stage of the recruitment.
• Salary and policy negotiations take place.
• The offer letter is sent and the candidate accepts.