2. Using Icon Operations
You simply point at a click or double-click on, or
drag an icon to do a particular action. Icons are shown to
be selected when they are highlighted.
To open icons and close their windows
1. Select the icon you want to open,
2. Right-click on the selection, then choose Open from
the shortcut menu,
3. To choose a window, click on its Close button (X) or
File menu and exit.
3. To move or copy selected icons onto a folder
1. Using a Drag-and-Drop Method
a. Make sure that the icon you want to move or copy
and the destination folder are visible.
b. Do the task you want. For example, To move the
source, simply drag it toward the destination folder.
c. To copy the source, hold down Ctrl as you drag.
d. With your mouse pointer over the destination
folder, drop the source.
4. 2. Using cut/Copy-and-Paste Commands
a. Select the icon you want to move or copy.
b. Right-click on the selection to open a shortcut
c. Do the task you want:
To move the source, select Cut from the shortcut
To copy the source, select Copy.
d. Locate the destination folder then right-click on it.
e. Select Paste from the shortcut menu.
f. Repeat steps d and e if you want to Paste the
copied icons to another folder.
5. To Undo an Icon Operation
1. Right-click on the desktop, then from the shortcut
menu, choose Undo (operation) such as Undo Move,
or simply press Ctrl+Z.
2. Repeat the procedure for the second to the last icon
operation, and so on.
To Delete an Icon Operation
1. Find and then select the icon to be deleted.
2. To delete, do any of the following:
Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
Pressing Shift + Delete Key will delete an item
immediately without placing it in the Recycle Bin
6. Drag a file or folder to the Recycle Bin.
Right-click on the selection, then choose Delete from
the Shortcut menu.
3. Confirm that you want to send the selection to the
Recycle Bin by clicking on the Yes button or by
pressing Enter key on the keyboard.
To Restore Deleted Icon
1. Using the Undo command
If you accidentally deleted icons, you can undo your
Delete action. Simply right-click on the desktop the
choose Undo Delete.
7. 2. Through the Recycle Bin
a. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon.
b. Select the file you want to restore.
c. Right-click on the selection or click on the File
menu; then choose Restore, or drag the selection
onto any location you want to restore.
To Send/Copy Icon to a Floppy Disk or Other Disks
1. Insert the destination disk in the Drive ROM, floppy disk,
or Flash disk to the USB port.
2. Select the icon you want to copy.
3. Right-click on the selection, then choose Send To from the
shortcut menu, then click on the drive where you want the