S.GOVARDHANAM. (A) KANNAN
306, Annai Indira Nagar, Egattur, Thiruvellore, 631203
Phone: +91-9840873633; E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site : www.mercuryprecision.com
EXPORT-IMPORT /PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL
Strong track record of delivering superior performances consistently throughout the career span
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a managerial; role in the domain of Export-import/ Purchase domains with a progressive
PROFILE: A dynamic business executive with career success of 10 years in handling entire range of operational
activities relating to export-import. Proven competencies in export documentation, invoicing, interfacing with
liners, clearing agents and customs authorities, export consolidation, containerization etc. Adequate experience
in handling imports, related documentation, customs clearance. Demonstrated capabilities in arranging local
purchase of raw materials and capital equipments on most competitive terms. Adept in maintaining Central
Excise and MEPZ related documents. Well organized, work focused and a team player with fine tuned analytical,
coordination and problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key Strength Areas
Export Documentation Imports/ Customs Clearance Export Invoicing
Excise/MEPZ related Documentation Procurement Statutory Compliance/Follow Up
Export Consolidation at CFS Remittances/ realizations Cross Functional Coordination
Junior Executive – Commercial & Exim
Mercury Precision Products Pvt.Ltd(100%EOU)
(Automobile components exports)
Sophia Automotive Pvt.Ltd
2004 – Present
The companies are 100% EOU with strong presence in international markets.
• Managing wide range of export-import related activities with final accountability for accuracy and timeliness
in performance of assigned tasks. Major jobs performed include;
A) Export documentation
• Managing entire export documentation process including - Export Invoice preparation , interfacing with
Central excise officer, preparation of Export ACD and production certificate and affecting dispatch of
original documents to the buyers
• Coordinating with Customs House agent / Container operator (freight forwarding) and preparing/compiling
entire set of documents payment through Bank.
• Preparing DTA Invoice and maintaining Duty register accurately.
• Receiving invoices from various overseas suppliers .
• Imports vessels follow ups
• Warehouse facilities checkups
• Preparing PCMR certificate,
• Coordination with CHA for import duty calculation, Transportation arrangements.
• Liner charges negation , Free days follow ups
• Re-warehousing formalities.
C) Other Allied work
• Issuing purchase enquiries to local suppliers for Indigenous Raw materials & Capital goods, obtaining offers,
arranging negotiation meetings and concluding purchase contracts. Maintaining regular follow up with
suppliers to ensure deliveries as per defined schedules.
• Arranging CT3 certificate from Custom Authorities.
• Maintaining Bond register / CT3 register entries and re-warehousing certificate at Bond office with customs.
• Handling Bond audit and making appropriate re-credit entries. B-17 preparation / B.G preparation.
• Completing all formalities relating to permission for Sub-contracting.
• Arranging extension of B-17 & renewal of Licence.
• Monthly returns of ER2 by ACES by on line to Central excise.
D) MEPZ related work
• Handling LUT preparation.
• MEPZ – Preparing and filing Quarterly & Annual returns on time.
• Preparing and filing Norms application and maintaining follow up to secure orders.
• DTA sale application preparation. Handling Additional products (Broad banding).
• Arranging renewal of LOPs / LUTs.
E) Central Excise Audit: (IAD)
• Preparing and maintaining necessary Documents for central excise audit.
• Handling Customs audit and preparing audit statements.
• New project approval from the Government sectors i.e. DTCP/Helth/Fire, Inspector of factories/Pcb
and local union level ( Punchyat / Union) .
IIC Container Line Pvt.Ltd 1999 - 2004
• Effectively handled export documentation including Bill of lading preparation, EGM manifest and Import
manifest at Customs.
• Arranged for issue of Delivery Orders with effective coordination. Prepared and dispatched export invoices.
• Efficiently handled Export consolidation at CFS (Stuffing & de stuffing)
• Maintained regular coordination with Main liners and arranged Container allotment.
M/s.Switzer Instrument .Ltd 1992 - 1999
• Effectively handled with Stores inventory, follow ups with sub contractor
• Arranged for issue of components against Assembly dept requirements, with effective coordination.
Prepared and dispatched finished instruments to dispatched dept.
• Efficiently handled Bin card systems
• Maintained regular coordination with all department heads and various sections of the company.
Computer Skills: Proficient in computer operations, MS Excel & Ms Word
Date of birth: 01st
Gender: Male; Marital Status: Married