Ave. El Campanario 96, interior 20, Lomas de Campanario 2, Querétaro, QR. C.P. 76146, México
Cellular Ph. Querétaro: 442-2302178 Home Ph. Querétaro: 442-2455461
Strong leadership skills, strategic thinker, teamwork oriented, creative and innovation strengths, analytical thinking,
people & results oriented make me a strong candidate to work in marketing-innovation, trade marketing and
management oriented positions. Desiring to work in Mexico, work visa is in process.
Twelve years of experience in different countries working in Marketing, Trade Marketing & Advertising. Strong
results in building businesses, brands and creating new products. Worked with various categories such as Foods,
Personal Care, Home Care & OTC products. Lived and worked in Colombia, United States, and Bolivia; additional
work experience in Venezuela, Peru, Chile & México. Fully bilingual, English and Spanish.
Colombia’s leader in the oils and spreads business with operations in Colombia, Chile & México with brands in
Consumer Products, Bakery, Food Service and Special Ingredients (B2B). $500 MM USD business.
New Business Development Director
Bogotá, Colombia 01-2010 – Current
Responsible for leading the Innovation strategy across the Consumer Products, Bakery & Food Service unit,
reporting to the CEO.
- Developing ethnographic studies for new product categories for Consumer & Bakery units in order to identify
unmet needs for development of new products.
- Currently working in launching a new category for the Consumer Products Division in the 2nd semester of 2010
plus licensing a new breakthrough product in Europe & Latin America.
- In the process of developing three new products for new categories within the Consumer Products Unit.
- Organizing the New Product Development Process within the company in order to implement Stage Gate across
Latin American New Business Development Manager for Consumer Products
Bogotá, Colombia. 08/2006 – 12/ 2009
- Developed the Internationalization & the New Product Category Strategies for the Consumer Products Division in
Latin America (Colombia, Chile & Mexico).
- Led the development & product launch in Colombia of a consumer products dressings’ line (Nutritional Ketchup &
Mayonnaise) under the current “Campi” Brand. Annual sales of $3MM USD, 130 tons average monthly sales
reaching 8% Value MS.
- Developed for México the nutritious “Country Ranch” margarine line (currently in the market place), a complete
line of Olive Oils named “Villa Olivas”, a nutritional olive/soy oil named “Oliosoya” & “La Torre Oil” with “Super
Fry” - long lasting oil ingredient (also in the market place in Michuacán).
- Created the 2008 annual marketing plan for México setting volumes, pricing, costs & innovation pipeline.
- Developed ethnographic & segmentation studies in México, Chile & Colombia in order to understand consumer
- Defined the product innovation pipeline for consumer products in oils & spreads for Chile & México plus the
product innovation funnel for Colombia (new products in non-existing categories).
- Identified potential brands & companies for acquisitions in Latin America. Provided strategic marketing support
during M&A processes. Proposed the purchase of “Valle Arriba” (Olive Oils Leader any in Chile with 35% MS
Value) which was acquired in 2009.
- Developed a companywide innovation process which included: insights & concept building workshops, ideation &
creativity workshops, & product testing methodologies.
- Established the Stage Gate Innovation Process, Brand positioning Tools, Brand Activation for Growth, Innovation
Databases (e.g. Mintel, XTC), Cultural Codes & Financial Business Models for new projects.
AUGUSTO FRANCO 1
- Created an open innovation network with European allies to create unique & differentiated products for the
company (Spain, Belgium, Holland and Germany).
Marketing Manager Bolivia
Cochabamba, Bolivia. 10/2005 – 06/ 2006
Responsible for a 30 MM USD Business, P&L, managing the Home & Personal Care businesses with brands
including Rexona, Dove, Sedal, Omo, Lux, Pond´s, & Pepsodent.
- Increased Bolivia´s annual 2006 value sales forecast by 20% due to excellent product placement, support, sales
rotation, promotions & new skus launched in the marketplace.
- Launched Sedal sachet in 50 grs. (5% Value MS), Omo Detergent 1000 grs. sku for heavy users (4% Value MS)
plus equity promotions such as using local sport icons (Omo reached 65% Value MS).
- Achieved outstanding growth for Ponds based on a strong liaison strategy with the “Bolivian Dermatology
Society” in order to educate doctors & consumers”. Volume growth of 50% at an 80% gross margin.
- Developed Dove´s Real Beauty Campaign based on Bolivia´s ethnic races. Brand activation link in between Dove
& consumers increased sales in value by 25%.
Trade Marketing Category Manager, Dressings Category.
Bogotá, Colombia. 01/2005 – 09/ 2005
Responsible for a 40 MM USD business, P&L, volume & pricing, product placement & rotation, category
management, sales plans, channel & client strategies.
- Placed & generated product rotation for 1,500 additional tons vs. budget, due to additional content promotions,
strategic product placement & rotation plans in regions based on growth needs.
- Proposed & developed new skus: Fruco 100 grs. satchet for mayonnaise/ ketchup. Product launch increased
household volume & consumption reaching 24% Value MS for ketchup & 27% Value MS for mayonnaise.
- Created differentiated product strategies delivering unique offers per channels & regions making it tough for
competitors to follow. Placement & rotation increased 6% regularly over 1,000 tons of base volume.
- Led regional plans in the northern & eastern regions plus counterfeit efforts in order to recover share from
competitors. Mom and pops intense placement & rotation strategies increased 4% Volume MS plus 8 points in
numeric distribution reaching 64% overall distribution & 60% average Value MS.
- Led a multi-brand equity promotion for the entire Foods Division with local supermarket chain in it´s 100th year
birthday event, including giving away history and recipe books of the brands based on product purchase.
Andean Region Dressings Brand Manager
Bogotá, Colombia 01/2004 – 12/2004
Responsible for the overall strategy, communication-activation & innovation across the Andean region countries
(Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia). $50 MM USD business.
- Led the annual key issue business definition plus the marketing plans for each country, including Brand Tool Kits,
Brand Keys, Activation Platforms & Ideas & Innovation Funnel).
- Implemented a regional sku rationalization in order to have business sales focus & improve operational
- Developed the Strategy for Fruco Powder Dips, a powder dip to mix with mayonnaise in order to increase
- Based on cost saving opportunities for the dressings' P&L, build the case & proposed the need for new suppliers
in order to reduce costs thus improve overall margin. Moved to Chilean packaging suppliers thus were able to
reduce costs by 10% for the entire dressings business.
Brand Manager Dressings Category
Bogotá, Colombia 01/2003 – 12/2003
Product manager of dressing’s category including mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, tomato paste, marmalades
& cooking sauces. Responsible for a $40 MM USD business.
- Developed the new brand positioning rejuvenating the brand using Arquetype Studies.
- Developed the new packaging strategy & new image design for Fruco (market leader in dressings with 60% value
share) based on new brand positioning. Sales increased 10% in volume.
- Sku rationalization for the brands & restructured the overall promotional strategy.
- Developed “Salsas Listas Fruco”, a project oriented towards stimulating mayonnaise consumption. Line was
composed of 4 different flavor variants, reaching 140 average tons per month & 4% MS Volume.
- Developed the innovation pipeline for Fruco based on brand stretchability, vision & brand positioning.
AUGUSTO FRANCO 2
Associate Marketing Manager for Betty Crocker Bowl Appétit! Meals Division
Minneapolis, MN – United States 08/2001 - 09/2002
Responsible for a 57 MM USD business with 12 MM USD Marketing Budget.
- Led the brand re-positioning & new advertising development for Bowl Appetit!, focusing on the frozen business &
- Led the new brand image design, achieved sales increase by 10% after implementation.
- Developed 3 new line extensions based on new positioning, focusing on pasta which is perceived more as a hard
meal and not as a side dish.
- Re-assessed the consumer/customer promotional plan as a result of a change of strategy from trial to penetration.
- Designed the new promotional strategy based on using multiple vehicles such as FSI drops & commuter sampling
in 7 cities.
Andean Region Consumer Marketing Assistant (Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, & Perú)
Bogotá, Colombia 5/1999 - 12/1999
- Supported Dolex´s Ad campaign based on previous agency experience, creating a new brand positioning.
- Worked with sales forecasts related with Aquafresh, Tums, Milk of Magnesia, Oxy, Hinds, Scott Emulsion.
- Supervised marketing budget & created market databases for the businesses.
- Led a new product launch case for Colombia “Ribena”, Ready-To-Drink Vitamin C.
LEO BURNETT ADVERTISING
Account Executive for Philip Morris & P&G
Bogotá, Colombia. 6/1997 - 4/1999
- Development of advertising strategies & execution plans for the current brands plus new product launches.
- Led the Marlboro Power Tour event nationwide building databases creating a Marlboro club of 200,000 people.
Created strong direct mail plans in order to build long term relationships with consumers.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, IL., USA. 10/2008
New Product Development & Implementation Strategies – 1 week executive seminar.
UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS, Minneapolis, MN, USA. 9/1999 – 5/2001
International MBA, with concentration in Marketing.
Research Assistant to the MBA program as well as Professor Peter Coffey´s International Political Economy course.
CESA, Bogota, Colombia. 9/1993 – 6/1998
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration.
Fundación Teleton – Marketing Manager Support 2/2009 – Currently
- Pro bono job supporting Teleton Colombia, an entity oriented towards helping people with special needs.
Developed the business plan to relaunch Teleton in 2010, plus ongoing marketing & communications support.
Courses & computer skills:
- Coopers Stage Gate Process.
- Unilever: Brand Activation, Brand Key Positioning, Marketing Fundamentals 1,2 & 3.
- Team Foods: Innovation University.
- AC Nielsen, Latin Panel, Microsoft office.
- Fluent in English & Spanish.
- Antonio León de la Barra: Mkt VP Comex México. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Felipe Hollmann: Country Mgr Unilever Costa Rica. Email: email@example.com
- Hector Sandoval: R&D VP Team Foods. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuel Madero: Brand Building Director Foods AnCam. Email: email@example.com
- Andrés Ortega: Country Manager Team Foods Colombia. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AUGUSTO FRANCO 3