1. Shaikh Farrukh Parvez
Nationality: Indian Date of birth: 20- 07- 1978 Marital status: Married Mobile:
(+971) 050 9968596
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFILE: Over 16 years’ experience in a Hotel Front Office Operations, with punctuality and accuracy as key abilities for
performing efficiently in this department. Qualified with key skills as follows:
• Good Communicator | Decision Maker | Able to Multitask | Project Management and Leadership Skills | Office
Team Leader | Organizational Skills
• Strong operational knowledge of MS Office suite, internet researches, office equipment, Fidelio and Opera systems.
Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai, UAE
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER Acting Room Division Manager 26/09/2013-till date
Reporting to General Manager: Job definition- To create optimum room sales and goodwill towards the Hotel through
efficient and courteous service.
• Responsible for proper yield management of room inventory to achieve desired profitability,
• Responsible for the preparation of capital and operational budgets for the department
• Responsible for recommending changes in methods and staff as per requirements.
• Ensure safety and security of guest belongings in guest rooms, luggage and guest lockers.
• Makes conscious and continuous Endeavour to meet new clients and maintain congenial relationship with existing clients.
• Ensure all records and documents are maintained as per standard laid down by the management.
• To control group and individual reservations to ensure maximum occupancy.
• To ensure that the policies and procedures are followed.
• To control day to day credit given to the guests.
• To co-operate with other departments so that the total activity contributes to ultimate satisfaction of guests.
• To train the Front Office staff in co-ordination with the training manager.
• To ensure constant follow up on guest history and regular sales calling for promoting business.
• To ensure the completion and follow up of new and pending maintenance work.
Al Murooj Rotana Hotels & Suites, Dubai, UAE
FRONT DESK MANAGER 06/2010 – 09/2013
Responsible for immediate supervision of organizing, planning direct and managing the Front Office operations, ensuring maximum
room profit and maintaining the highest Rotana quality standards, as well as Replacing Asst. Director of Front Office in his absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Present financial and work status to the senior management – Key role in organization’s policies and decisions.
• Involve in managing strategies for employees’ professional development.
• Evaluate the employee appraisals and annual performance review – Held management meetings to review staff performance
and played a crucial role in promotions.
• Train the newcomers regarding office procedures and policies – Managed/conducted the professional training programs for
the organization’s employees.
• Coordinate overbooking situations; maintain night shift reports, month end reports and DTCM reports.
• Schedule weekly duty roster for the Front Office staff
2. Parvez Farrukh Shaikh Page Two
Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai, UAE
NIGHT MANAGER 08/2005 – 11/2009
Joined as a Duty Manager after one year promoted as a Night Manager, (With three night clubs in the Hotel achieving good Star Guest
Response scores by handling all the complaints in a friendly and professional manner.)
Sheraton Dammam Hotel and Towers five star deluxe properties, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
FRONT DESK SHIFT LEADER 02/2001 – 08/2005
ITC group (Welcome Group Rama International), Aurangabad, India.
FRONT OFFICE 08/1996 – 09/1998
Hotel Management 1998 (MTI – India)
Focus: Learn how to successfully lead a business in the international hospitality industry as a manager or entrepreneur
Bachelor of Commerce 1995 Dr. Babasaheb Ambedker University
Aptech Computer Education, India
Diploma in Information and System Management 1999-India
Focus: Computer programming, systems analysis, and hardware/software applications, as well as general management
• Brand Service culture training, presented by Starwood Hotels.
• Brand Service Culture training Leadership and Emotional Intelligence presented by Starwood Company.
• First Aider by Sheraton Deira Dubai Hotel,
• First Aider by Al Murooj Rotana Hotel
• Fire Awareness by First Security Group Dubai General Training Need as an Hotelier in Dubai to prevent the fire
in the Building and Learn to evacuate the building in case of Fire Certificate,
• Safety Training for national standard rescue by First Security Group
• Train the trainer appointed as Departmental Trainer in Sheraton Deira Hotel,
• Leading the Team,
• Train the Trainer,
• Handling Guest Complaints.
• Destination Leadership.
• Managing Peoples Performance.
Honors & Awards
Three times certificate of excellence in Sheraton Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding performance and Service with Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Available upon request