1. FAISAL ABBAS ACCA, ACPA
Dynamic, hardworking Qualified Chartered Accountant with over 8 years of quantifiable domestic and international
experience across UAE & Pakistan at different levels with leading multinational companies.
OBJECTIVE: To lead the organization being strategic partner of top management team of organization.
PROFESSIONAL & ACADEMIC EDUCATION
Master's Degree, M.Com – Higher Education Commission – Pakistan
Chartered Certified Accountant, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) – UK
Full Membership awarded, ACCA UK (2013)
Certified Public Accountant, Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan (ICPAP) – Pakistan
Full Membership awarded, ICPAP PK (2014)
Associate Chartered Accountant – Finalist,
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) – UK
(3 out of 15 papers are remaining)
CIA Student, Certified Internal Auditor – The Institute of Internal Auditor – USA
(1 out of 3 Parts is remaining)
Received primary and secondary education in Karachi, Pakistan
EXPERIENCE (most recent on the top)
¨ Gigaset Communications FZ LLC
RHQ Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand – Dubai, UAE
¨ Al Burkan Engineering LLC
Engineering & Contracting Company – Muscat, Oman
¨ Aceromet FZCO
Stockiest, trader and processors of 100% Stainless Steel products – Dubai, UAE
From Senior Accountant to Accounts Controller Since March 2011 to date
– Maintain day-to-day financial control and ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records.
– Cash flow projections to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet on-going operational requirements.
– Finalize and review monthly / interim books of accounts and preparation of monthly financial statement for
– Annual closing of books of accounts and preparation of financial statement for audit purpose.
– Review and monitor organizational processes & system of internal control and reporting of issues observed to
the management in due course.
– Overseeing and mentoring the accounting staff.
– Corresponds with the senior management about the implementation of financial decisions.
– Liaison with banks to deal banking affairs and with auditors for annual audit.
ORGANIZING OF FINANCE & ACCOUNTS DIVISION INDEPENDENTLY
3. Faisal Abbas
¨ Cloisall Co L.L.C. Jan 2009 – March 2011
Senior Accountant DUBAI, UAE
A leading company in interior fitting and contracting sector has capabilities
Reporting to: CFO
in design development, engineering, fabrication and installation of all
interior solutions with Head Office in Dubai and established branch offices
in Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Oman.
– Prepared comprehensive annual financial budget to compute breakeven of the company.
– Cash flow projections to manage upcoming cash shortfall / surplus at each stage of project to fuel other
projects having temporary cash deficit and maintaining control over projects inter-transfer bank transactions.
– Monitoring projects profitability by identifying loss making projects or projects having marginal or less than
budgeted profit to the concern departmental head and seek their justification.
– Prepare the supporting documents and computation for Recognizing of ongoing and established / finished
project’s income and cost in accordance with IFRS.
– Liaison with bank to provide corporate and project related information in order to get project financing
Initially I was responsible in following areas of accounting for the first year and afterwards my major involvement
was changed to Financial Analysis & Reporting and Annual & Half yearly closing of accounts for audit purpose
and I was supervising a subordinate in order to carried out my previous area of work.
· Account Receivable
· Account Payable
ESTABLISH A COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL BUDGET FOR A GROUP
¨ Progas Pakistan Limited – Unlisted Public Limited Company Mar 2007 – Aug 2008
Senior Executive – Finance KARACHI, PAKISTAN
Progas is Pakistan’s first fully integrated LPG company and the largest in
Reporting to: General Manager
terms of investment in the LPG industry
– Prepared comprehensive financial model with internal valuation of company based on a combination of
various methodologies to attract investors and to negotiate the share price.
– Budgeting & variance analysis of actual monthly financial information against budget.
– Liaison with banks for due diligence exercises on proposed business development.
– Maintaining corporate secretarial records.
SKILL OF PREPARING FINANCIAL MODELING
DEALING WITH THE BANKS & INVESTORS
¨ Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman (Chartered Accountants) Feb 2004 – Mar 2006
Audit Junior to Audit Semi Senior KARACHI, PAKISTAN
A member firm of Grant Thornton International Reporting to: Supervisor &
My association with the firm has provided me the opportunity to audit various organizations, which include
manufacturing and insurance companies. My work exposure also includes advising on their internal controls and
accounting system. During my training period I provided audit assurance services to following organizations:
– State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan (SLIC)
– National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) – Provident and Pension Funds
– Ismail Industries Limited (IIL)
– Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
KNOWLEDGE OF AUDITING & FS ANALYSIS
DEALING WITH THE CLIENTS
4. Faisal Abbas
COUNSELING SUBORDINATES PUNCTUALITY
COMPUTER SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES
Sr. Skills & Abilities Proficiency Level Last Used / Practiced
1 Microsoft Dynamics GP Above Average 2012
2 Sage Peachtree Excellent 2012
3 Tally ERP Excellent Currently Using
4 QuickBooks Above Average 2014
5 Sidat Hyder Financials Average 2008
1 Spread Sheet Excellent Currently Using
2 Soft Presentation Excellent Currently Using
1 Budgeting and Forecasting Excellent Currently Using
2 Financial Analysis Tools Excellent Currently Using
SALIENT PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Self-motivated, self-starter and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact at different levels.
Thorough, analytical and good interpersonal skills.
Computer literate with extensive knowledge of Advanced Excel to automate daily work and maintain controls.
Ability to work as a team leader & member, under pressure and with constrained resources, goal – oriented and
Good knowledge and experience of Computerized Accounting System (ERPs).
Father name: Haider Ali (Late) Date of birth: July 05, 1984
Marital status: Married, one son Nationality: Pakistani
Languages: English, Urdu (Native) and Gujarati Driving License: Oman valid Driving License
Passport: No: CR1012402 Issue date: Jan 04, 2013 Expiry date: Jan 03, 2023