1. EDWARD J. FALTISEK
Houston, Texas 77031 | 713.823.4630 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.linkedin.com/in/edwardfaltisek
Finance Executive: Controller | Certified Public Accountant
Financial leader with a record of quality, financial expertise, and achievement; instrumental in creating
quality control process improvements that result in compliance, profitability, and growth.
• Dedicated financial professional with extensive experience in corporate accounting/finance and a
thorough understanding of internal controls, safeguards, and audit procedures.
• Bottom-line operations and business manager with a thorough understanding of the complexity of
operations and broad knowledge of corporate structure, compliance issues, and strategy.
• Audit and gauge the effectiveness of corporate policies, procedures, and standards by which the
organization’s financial, operational, and informational processes are managed; view and approach
processes from a broad perspective, as they pertain to the organization’s strategic position.
• Strong knowledge of day-to-day objectives in providing financial status and projections to executives
using the principles, practices, and procedures of accounting, financial records, and transactions.
Financial Analysis & Management | Reporting & Compliance | Payroll & Cash Management
Tax Preparation | GAAP | AR/AP | Job Costing | Budgeting | Auditing | Vendor Relations/Management
General Ledger | Project Management | Project Accounting | Forecasting | Balance Sheet
SELF EMPLOYED-Houston, Texas 4/2014–Present
• Prepared quarterly and annual payroll tax returns.
• Prepared tax returns for individuals.
MICROALLOYING INTERNATIONAL, INC.-Houston, Texas 8/2008–3/2014
Controller & Finance Manager
Oversaw financial operations, cash management, payroll, and accounts receivable/payable functions;
reviewed and analyzed monthly and annual balance sheets and income statements; analyzed cash flow;
drove customer collections; and ensured vendor payments were processed in a timely manner.
• Prepared monthly financial statements for senior management with analysis and explanations of
major deviations from forecasts; provided recommendations for operational improvements.
• Provided Management with essential information on variances. Assessed variances to provide
operations areas that needed improvement meet $18 million annual budget.
• Performed job cost analysis on current projects and prepared budgets for proposed projects.
• Ensured all account reconciliations were completed accurately and on time.
• Produced an employee handbook. Wrote procedures for how to input information and listed
accounts that needed monthly reconciliations. New employees were able to learn their position and
daily duties faster than before.
Professional experience continued on page 2
2. EDWARD J. FALTISEK
Page 2 | 713.823.4630 | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/edwardfaltisek
ITI ANTICORROSION, INC./MIRCOALLOYING INTERNATIONAL, INC.-Houston, Texas 6/1995–7/2008
Prepared monthly financial statements for management review and made recommendations on
potential operational changes; analyzed and reported on variances from forecasts. Conducted due
diligence and financial analysis following acquisition of Microalloying International.
• Evaluated, influenced, and recommended relocating related companies to one location after
reviewed the cash position of the companies. Realized $200,000 cost savings by reducing payroll and
• Realized $10,000 cut in accounting costs by converted legacy accounting system to QuickBooks.
• Prepared Excel spreadsheet to remain compliant with loan covenants, avoiding defaulting and
interest rate increases.
• Completed federal and state tax returns for each company’s payroll, sales, and income filings.
• Managed banking relationships and loan discussions with bank officers; also managed insurance
requirements for the company, including renewals, broker reporting, and vendor
• Completed month-end closing, ensuring all revenues and expenses were recorded in AR/AP and
• Led cash management, payroll, AR/AP, job cost analysis, budgeting, and audit/compliance efforts.
JFP ENERGY, INC.-Houston, Texas 1994–1995
• Prepared monthly financial statements for parent and subsidiary companies.
• Managed annual federal income tax reporting for federal and states and worked on various tax
research projects as needed.
• Coordinated annual audits of foreign subsidiaries.
• Worked on systems enhancement to increase productivity and efficiency.
ITI ANTICORROSION, INC.-Houston, Texas 1989–1993
• Completed monthly and annual financial statements and prepared tax returns for payroll and
• Managed banking relationships for loan and general discussions.
• Oversaw the renewal of insurance by providing data requested by insurance agents.
• Completed month-end closings and delivered financial statements/reports to management.
• Collaborated with factoring company on past due payments and problem customers.
SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting