1. DUANE KELLING
Saint Paul, MN 55116 • 612.801.7084 • email@example.com • Linkedin.com: duanekelling
SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Vice President – Director – Executive Director – Senior Business Strategist
Exceptional record of achievement in the governance of corporate technology operations, with special
expertise in application development, IT strategy, continuous improvement, systems design, technical
support, and network/systems administration. Proven ability to reduce costs, improve efficiency,
streamline workflow, and facilitate growth by delivering solutions to meet rapidly changing business needs.
Excel at building and leading top-performing teams, driving innovation in the for-profit and non-profit
sectors, and guiding large-scale technology initiatives. Excellent problem solving skills.
IT Operations – Strategic Planning – Enterprise Architecture – SDLC – PMO Management
DevOps – Data Center Operations – Technology Deployment – Mobile Technologies – Cloud Services
Cost Control – Vendor Relations – Outsourcing – IT Security – ITIL – Best Practices – Web Services
• Identified and eliminated $500,000 in expenses in an SAP Receipt module for a food manufacturer.
• Saved $300,000 in outside consulting fees by coordinating the implementation of Salesforce for a
financial firm designing and managing the integrations to replace the legacy accounting tool.
• Improved project on-time delivery 10% at Vision Ease by launching the PMO and instituting metrics.
• Reduced time to market 25% at West Liberty Foods by implementing a product lifecycle management
tool that integrated CRM, QAD, ERP, mobile, and cloud services to eliminate weekly meetings.
• Lowered average user price 48% by analyzing and procuring a cloud-based applicant tracking tool.
• Cut hardware purchase, licensing, maintenance, and cooling costs more than 50% while improving
system availability to more than 99% by introducing SLAs and ITIL standards.
• Slashed finished goods inventory 20% at Radcliff Systems, saving $10M, and improved on-time
customer delivery 43% by developing a tool to set production rates and create replenishment orders.
• Founded Erickson Consulting and grew it to $4.1M in less than 10 years, with Fortune 100 accounts.
• Enabled millions of dollars in savings for customers by creating a transportation standards package.
• Enhanced service levels for clients by instituting a 24x7x365 world-class support department.
• Reorganized Gagnon & Associates’ legacy product into a portfolio of products.
DAKELLING , Saint Paul, MN 2008 – Present
Business Leader / IT Executive / Systems Designer / Implementation Leader
Own and operate a technology consulting firm providing long-term solutions to complex issues and
directing large-scale initiatives for corporations and non-profits. Oversee complete project life cycles for
software development, technology deployment, system upgrade, infrastructure improvement, and
technology management projects as large as $10M. Supervise up to 35 persons per team.
• Saved $15,000 in hardware costs for a non-profit client while directing the establishment of a
technology team to support more than 25 users and upgrade an existing infrastructure.
• Reduced faulty product launches 5% while improving product selection shipped to stores 15% for a
major retail grocery chain by developing labor management, dashboard, productivity software, and
integrated voice picking.
• Delivered $50,000 in cost savings for a client by replacing their CRM tool with Salesforce. Also
eliminated Code 42 search fees by providing advice during the cloud-based solution deployment.
• Facilitated a 5% increase in rentals for a real estate firm by formulating proofs of concept for online
and mobile sales tools and developing an accounting reporting tool for agents.
2. Duane Kelling • Page 2 of 3
VISION EASE LENS , Ramsey, MN 2012 – 2014
PMO Officer / IT Project Manager
Recruited to establish the Project Management Office (PMO) for this $200M provider of ophthalmic lenses,
with plants in the U.S., Thailand, and Indonesia. Developed policies and procedures. Hired and supervised
a staff of 6. Administered a $30M budget.
• Prevented $15M in revenue loss by developing an innovative real-time dashboard to track the status
of as many as 85 projects worldwide and allow executives to match strategic initiatives to projects.
• Launched a Corporate Steering Committee and facilitated advanced training for U.S. plant managers
and supervisors at multiple locations.
• Enhanced productivity and quality by designing an effective Project Manager Development Program.
WEST LIBERTY FOODS , Iowa City, IA 2010 – 2012
IT Manager / IT Project Manager / IT Application Manager
Oversaw all IT operations for this $650M meat processing company, including application development,
infrastructure, strategic planning, project management, and CRM, along with 3 data centers. Administered
a $2.5M budget and supervised 9 direct reports. Guided the build and deployment of cutting-edge
technology solutions to maintain the company’s competitive advantage.
• Eliminated 30,000 hours of safety-related downtime by creating a behavior-based safety tool that
dramatically reduced avoidable incidents.
• Lowered maintenance costs 15% by negotiating service terms for Salesforce.
• Enabled a 10% improvement in product spoilage costs by implementing QAD Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) for Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
• Spearheaded a $350,000 network infrastructure upgrade that included Unified Computing System.
• Enhanced customer satisfaction, development times, and deliverables fulfillment by deploying Agile-
and Scrum-based SDLC methodologies and iterative development practices.
• Completed the build of a disaster recovery site 25% below estimate by negotiating a lower price.
STEIN INDUSTRIES , Brooklyn Park, MN 2007 – 2008
IT Manager / IT Operations Manager / IT Application Manager
Led all Information Services for the perishable shelving/display hardware unit at this $60M diversified
manufacturing company with a global client base. Managed ERP functions, EDI processes, network
administration, desktop support, development, and more. Supervised a staff of 9 direct reports and
administered a $1.25M budget. Coordinated contracted programmers and project managers as needed.
• Reduced on-hand inventory more than 10% while improving lead and fulfillment cycle times.
• Achieved a 10x improvement in time-to-order and time-to-payment by implementing EDI processes.
• Completed a website overhaul $250,000 under budget and launched a content management system
integrating inventory availability and ordering for online customers.
• Managed a redeployment of the legacy QAD ERP platform to align with business processes and
eliminate issues relating to order backlogs and errors.
• Played a major role in improving performance and reputation of the division.
• Streamlined order processing time 2 hours while reducing costs by guiding the design and
implementation of an EDI solution that also eliminated manual handling and re-entry issues.
ROBOCOM SYSTEMS , Minneapolis, MN 2005 – 2007
Director of Engineered Labor Systems
Following the acquisition of Radcliff Systems by Robocom, remained with company to direct the design,
development, and implementation of labor systems for this supply chain software solutions company.
Guided projects as large as $10M with teams up to 25 persons that created and delivered supply chain,
warehouse management, transportation management, voice technology, and labor management solutions.
• Saved $3M per year and facilitated up to $750,000 in sales by developing dashboards and KPIs.
3. Duane Kelling • Page 3 of 3
CAREER NOTES: Previously held the positions of Software Engineering & Development
Director at RADCLIFF SYSTEMS, Founder/CIO/Vice President of Erickson Consulting, and
Director of Computer Development/Manager of Integration at GAGNON & ASSOCIATES.
MS in Information Systems/Management , University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
BS in Computer Science , Iowa State University, Ames, IA
ITIL v3 Foundations, ITIL Foundation
Project Management, St. Thomas University Extension
Project & Portfolio Management, St. Thomas University Extension
Business Analysis, University of Minnesota
Project Management Overview, St. Thomas University Extension
HIPAA Compliance at the Board Level, ExecRank
Ethics & Compliance in the Boardroom, ExecRank
Continued Board Education, ExecRank
Private Company Board Governance with Dr. Larry Taylor, The Creighton Group Foundation
Private Company Board Governance with Gordon Rapkin, Zift Solutions
MS Office, Project, SharePoint, DL/1, Total, Cadre Teamwork, Oracle, SQL, Progress, FoxPro, DB2,
MySQL, Force.com, Visualforce, Salesforce, ERP/CRM/MRP tools, SAP, QAD, Styeline, Symix,
Progress, .NET, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, COBOL, RPG II, PL/1,
Assembler, J2EE, JMS, XML, Visual Studio, Cognos, Windows, Windows Server, Linux, UNIX, Novell,
AIX, OS/400, OS/2, DOS