SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Meaning of Career/Vocational Counselling
Career is Future Identity, you will be known by your career/vocation:
We use to say like
• Economist Amartya Sen
• President Pranab Mukherjee
• Footballer P.K Banerjee, Baichung Bhutia
• Physicist Satyen Bose
• Scientist Prafulla Chandra Roy, Botanist Jagadish Chandra Bose-t
• Siddhu in Cactus-the lead singer, Rupam in Fassils
• Dancer Alakananda Roy, Singer Suchitra Mitra
So about you:…………should be our careful decision
They are known to us because of their CAREER which is best fit and also
that’s why they are so famous-appropriately chosen
Some famous Personalities , they are
known by their careers/professions
Students Need To Be Oriented Towards
Their Own Vocation
Education serves two purposes:
• Knowledge gain
• Having appropriate careers
They compliment to each other,
From childhood students acquire General Knowledge from the daily
studies giving emphasizes on Own Preferences: but HOW?
Doing /practising what s/he likes most.
Parents /Senior people ( Teachers/Relatives/ Coach) the
persons to guide students towards their own inclination by
supplying/arranging appropriate scopes/advantages in order to
make it available before them.
It is called “SPOT” the career for that particular student.
Link between Our Education and Our
Vocation should not be a whimsical decision-it ought to be wise choice, so
each and every student need to have good familiarity of his/her own
Parents, specially mother, Teachers and Career Counsellors
are the persons who will be helpful in choosing most
suitable Career/Vocation for the students.
From the daily class activities/studies/score sheets/result.
That I shall describe by interacting with you, students!
They are The BIG factors in
choosing your careers by YOU
1. Continuously good marks subject wise
2. How comfortable are you subject wise/activity
3. Intelligence is not the last/final word- Need to
be careful of your EMOTION
Non-authoritarian Nature of students’
1. Needs no effect/influences-clear thinking process by students
3. Absolutely free to choose
4. Availability of Vocational information
5. Should be understand the financial background of Family
6. There is always an alternative way to reach the target
7. No need to have instant Gratification-necessary to learn how to wait
for the chance to arrive
8. Knowledge about personality
9. Meaning to be assertive: Facilitating Optimal Confrontation and Minimal
Anxiety in pursuing particular Vocation
10. Personality wise vocations
11. Be free while you ride on the wheel of Career Choice
12. There is always an option for second career in life- as our life span is
increasing , so boredom with a career for a long period is really a
monotonous journey .
So many processes are there:
• MANY assessment tools are there
• Your skill graph subjects wise in the school level exams
• Your comfort feelings with the subject of study
The entrance of different Institutes are nothing but is to judge your
aptitudes before giving you permission to get admission in the
So take care of your own trends, subject score and your comfort level
with the studying subjects, it will give you sound
knowledge of your subject aptitudes.
This is called SELF HELP program
It is the opportunity to choose your career, it is the decision
making in a confusing state of mind occurred in a the
senior level of your class in school.
In our culture, most people are one of six personality Types
• Social Occupation,
• Enterprising and
Some refer to these as Holland Codes or RIASEC
The 16PF Career Development Report contains
• This report is an ideal resource for in-depth discussions around career
development. Matching a person’s 16PF results to general professional areas
as well as specific suggested occupations, it provides the detail needed for
the respondent to think about their career options and motivations in a
highly action-oriented way.
• It is also ideal for facilitating discussion with individuals about how their
personal strengths can lead to career success
• A narrative interpretation of 16PF personality information that emphasises
• A sharable feedback section organised around five key themes: problem-
solving resources; patterns for coping with stressful conditions;
interpersonal interaction styles; organisational role and work-setting
preferences; and career activity interests
• (For practitioners only) Scores on the 16 Primary Factor scales and the five
Global Factor scales, as well as predicted leadership–subordinate role
patterns, predicted career interest scores for seven broad areas of interest
(influencing, organising, creating, helping, analysing, producing and
venturing), and occupational interest scores
When to use the 16PF Career
• Career transition and planning
• Career development