1. DOUGLAS A. ROHDE
1259 Vailwood Drive Mobile: (925) 854-8565
Danville, CA 94526 email@example.com
Senior Financial Executive with an MBA and extensive experience in financial planning and analysis, operations,
financial reporting and controls, and strategic resource planning within the high tech and consumer products industries for
Fortune 100 companies. Proven ability to think creatively, develop productive teams, and execute in a complex and
changing business environment to accomplish:
• Optimization of financial results and shareholder value
• Cost containment opportunities
• Implementation of organizational restructurings
• Modeling of acquisition synergies and merger integration activities
• Planning systems strategy development
INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL CONSULTANT Present
NETWORK APPLIANCE, INC., Sunnyvale, California 2004 - 2015
Director of Finance, Product Operations
Managed staff of 4. Directed day-to-day operational support and long-term strategy development for the Product
Operations function consisting of Engineering and Product Management. Supervised the budgeting, forecasting, monthly
close activities and senior management reporting. Provided analysis on product pricing, operational decisions, resource
planning and business unit investments.
• Developed M&A models & analysis along with integration activities for 3 acquired companies ($400M revenue).
• Created a 5 year operational model to drive $1B in spending requirements and worldwide site expansions.
• Developed an evaluation model to reflect return on strategic investment opportunities by business segments.
MAXTOR CORPORATION (After Merger with Quantum), Milpitas, California 2001 - 2004
Director of Finance / Controller (CEB and NSG Business Units).
Reported to the Vice President of Finance. Managed staff of 2. Directed controllership functions for the Consumer
Electronics and Network Storage business units. Managed close activities, expense control, strategic and operational
planning functions. Development with auditors accounting policies regarding service and software revenue recognition.
Maintained procedures for reconciliation of royalty payments and software licensing fee agreements. Managed evaluation
and recommendations of new business opportunities and operational enhancements.
• Created detailed business for the Consumer Electronics group generating operating income of $20M+.
• Evaluated and implemented opportunities for service offerings and SW sales with projected revenues of $5M.
• Formulated model and recommendations for evaluating a partnership for entering the on-demand video market.
• Reviewed lower product cost design opportunities resulting in a projected incremental business of 2 million units.
QUANTUM CORPORATION, Milpitas, California 1996 -2001
Director, Corporate Planning & Analysis, reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Treasury. (Staff of 6)
Managed the corporate financial planning and analysis function. Supervised the planning and analytical support for
worldwide corporate functional groups. Developed three year strategic financial plan used for business planning and bank
financing / covenants evaluation and tracking. Directed consolidation and analysis of the disk drive product cost model
for quarterly negotiations with the manufacturing partner. Provided on going support to the Investor Relations function
by summarizing quarter end financial and operational data, and composing sections of the earnings release, Q&A for the
analyst call and 10Q / 10K filings. Developed financial presentations and business commentary for Board meetings.
• Redesigned a financial model including balance sheet and cash flow components used for quarterly forecasts,
cash position monitoring and generation of the annual / three year operating plans.
• Analytically supported 2 organizational re-structurings to reduce operating expenses and enhance profitability.
• Composed sections of “tracking stock” offering document.
2. DOUGLAS A. ROHDE (Page 2)
SYBASE, INC. (Customer Service Division), Emeryville, California 1995 to 1996
Controller/Director, Business Planning
Reported to the Vice President of Business Operations. Managed a staff of 8. Directed the financial planning process
including preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts. Generated a strategic business plan consisting
of identification of operational enhancements and growth opportunities. Supervised worldwide accounting activities
including month-end closes, revenue recognition practices, royalty service payments, bad debt recognition and headcount
• Negotiated and managed outsourcing agreement for technical support operations.
• Designed and implemented data warehouse/decision support system for monitoring operational and financial
performance including development of capacity and product line profitability models.
CHARLES SCHWAB & COMPANY, INC., San Francisco, California 1993 to 1995
Vice President, Finance
Reported to the SVP of Finance. Managed a staff of 9. Supervised the annual planning process and weekly forecasts for
revenue from trades and other operations. Formulated strategic operating margin targets by business unit to assure
optimization of shareholder value model. Directed investment analysis of new products and services as well as capital
expenditures. Created financial section of Board presentations.
• Reengineered and implemented new planning process and systems (FYPlan) and allocation systems.
• Developed customer and product profitability models to evaluate pricing strategies and support spending.
DOLE PACKAGED FOODS COMPANY, San Francisco, California 1985 to 1993
Director, Planning and Business Services / Controller - reporting to the SVP, Finance (Staff of 19)
Director, Financial Planning and Operations Analysis - reporting to the SVP, Finance (Staff of 6)
Directed feasibility studies for new products, base business operational enhancements and major capital projects requiring
multiple division assessment. Supervised AR and AP functions and credit dispute resolutions. Controllership
responsibilities for marketing expenditures in excess of $100M.
• Developed and implemented strategy for restructuring international manufacturing operations from 3 to 2
facilities resulting in an annual operating cost savings of $20M.
• Developed an operational / business plan for new beverage products achieving sustained earnings of $10M.
• Directed analysis of joint venture with Far East partner resulting in annual operating income of $4M.
• Developed an MBA recruitment program used to source senior level management candidates.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
THE SEAGRAMS WINE COMPANY, Saratoga, CA and New York, NY
Director, Operational Planning and Forecasting – reporting to the CFO (Staff of 3)
Director, Profit Planning and Administration – reporting to the EVP, Finance (Staff of 21)
UP-RIGHT HARVESTERS, Fresno, California
Financial / Operational Assistant – reporting to the General Manager
Congressional Intern in Washington, D.C. for Congressman Don H. Clausen
Sheep Ranching Business (developed while growing up and sold after completion of college)
MBA, Finance, University of California, Berkeley
BS, Marketing, University of California, Berkeley