New Business Development
FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!
1. Strategy for Growth - Select a target revenue segment from one of the four
strategies to increase business and develop a successful game plan. Each of the
following strategies will have a different focus, target audience, and execution plan.
The four strategies to increase revenue are:
1. More revenue from your existing customers
2. Grow your customer base by targeting your top two competitors customers
3. Grow your customer base by targeting customers that are within your category but are
NOT your or your top two competitors customers
4. Go completely outside your category and pull in non- traditional customers
2. Buyer Personas - Know, understand, and relate to your target audience. Develop
and use Buyer Personas that help you develop long term relationships.
Demographics, interest, buying behavior, media usage, values and beliefs. Any other
items that impact or influence the decision making process. Also included is how
they use social media.
3. Social Media - Use Social Media to target your audience and present information
to them that they value! Let the Buyer Persona be your beacon for what your
audience values and how and when to reach them. The targeting options available
via Social Media are amazing and will be a key to your new business development.
This is especially true for B2B customers. With LinkedIn and Facebook you can target
selected companies, titles, interest, zip codes, etc.
4. Sales Funnel Metrics - Know your numbers. Review your numbers weekly. Set
weekly goals for new leads, conversations, “value” posts, etc. Your entire sales
funnel needs to be your focus and success metrics developed and measured for each
stage of the funnel.
5. REV/DEV - Develop a culture that has everyone in your organization setting aside
90 minutes each day devoted to nothing but New Business Development. We call
this process “REV/DEV.” Ideally this should be the first 90 minutes of every day. The
benefits include sending a message to everyone in your organization that New
Business Development is the responsibility of everyone and each person has a role in
We at ACR Strategies hope you found this valuable. If you have any questions, please
contact us and we would be more than happy to assist you.