Experienced accountant with 10 years of experience within an international company in
the upstream oil and gas industry. Commercial finance experience, builds effective
teams, with a passion for performance excellence. Working knowledge of IFRS, budgets,
forecasting, reporting, etc.. Currently working at the Expro Group Ltd, UK (Egypt branch)
one of the leading service providers in upstream oil and gas clients globally, have
operations in over 55 countries across the globe.
• Budgeting & Finance
• Strong verbal communication
• Team leadership
• Client assessment and analysis
• Data management
June 2007 to current Senior Accountant (October 2005 – till now)
Expro Group, Egypt (Oil & Gas services)
Perform accounting functions as assigned including in three countries (Egypt,
Libya & Yemen), but not limited to book. Back-up month-end duties assigned to other
Accountants. Assists in preparation of monthly management report and
accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual”
variance reports. Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports
required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
Finance Department-Accounts payable (Oct 2005 – Nov 2008)
• Keep track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, purchase orders,
invoices, statements, checks, refund requisitions etc, in compliance with financial
policies and procedures
• Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts
• Liaise with internal and external clients
• Regularly tabulate data and compile necessary reports
• Continuously improve payment processes
• Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities and provide
Finance department - General Ledger (Nov 2008 – Oct 2011)
• Maintain a master list of monthly journal entries
• Record supporting information for all journal entries
• Enter all journal entries into the accounting software(SAP)
DINA HUSSEIN LOTFY
Mokattam City, Cairo, Egypt
• Ensure that reversing entries occur
• Create recurring journal entry templates
• Ensure that recurring entries are changed or terminated at appropriate trigger
• Maintain detailed listings of the contents of all balance sheet accounts
• Assist auditors with journal entry examinations
• Assist in the production of financial statements
Finance department – Accounts Receivables (Nov 2011 – till now)
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local
• Updates receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating
information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history,
credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly
transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related
results as needed.
• Decrease DSO (Days Sales Outstanding)
Bachelor of commerce, Accounting- English Section.
Ain Shams University - Egypt
• IFRS course (April 2013 to October 2013) at Ernst & Young – Egypt.
• Management skills from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) UK –
(June 2014 Dubai)
• Defense drive (Expro)
• Field FX
• Firefighting (Bavaria Egypt)
• First Aid (Expro)
• Smart Move technique (Expro).
OTHER SKILLS :
MS-Windows XP” and Windows 7 MS-Office 2003, 2007 & 2010 (Word, Excel,
power point, outlook).
• SAP system.
• Internet applications.
• Citrix TM1Marital Status
Marital status : Married
Date of Birth : July 24,1981