SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
48 Southdown House 4-8 Somerhill Avenue, Hove East Sussex BN3 1RW
M: +44 (0) 7812652115
CV OF DIEGO CALANDRINO 1
A versatile chartered mechanical engineer with extensive background experience in process engineering and
renewable energy generation, involving principally bio-energy power plants, combined heat and power (CHP)
district heating, geothermal energy system, energy recovery facilities along with low energy design and CO2
emission reduction, including carbon capture and storage (CCS). Significant experience has been gained
working at the forefront within owners’ engineering activities in the field of biomass, biogas, biofuels and waste-to-
Extensive experience with managing multidisciplinary teams on power projects worldwide, covering technical
advisory, bankable feasibility studies, due diligence reviews and lenders’ independent engineer roles. Proven
track record in delivering advisory services to owners, lenders and developers on time and within budget.
Additional significant expertise has also been gained working within the sustainable design of energy strategy
and masterplanning for a wide range of projects in the UK and worldwide. Also involved as project engineer in
the design of energy piles for GSHP applications in the London public transport sector.
2012 University of Leeds, UK
Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) 5 days CPD course
1999 – 2005 University of Palermo, Italy
MEng Honours in Mechanical Engineering specialised in Energy Systems.
2003 – 2004 University of Oviedo – E.P.S. de Ingénieria de Gijón, Spain
BEng in Mechanical Engineering, Erasmus Student
1994 – 1999 High School “Liceo Scientifico Giuseppe Ferro”, Alcamo, Italy
Diploma in scientific subjects: Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Technology
2010 CEng MCIBSE - member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineer.
2008 BRE-BREEAM Offices 2006 Assessor.
2006 Chartered Mechanical Engineer in Italy - fully qualified as a professional in EU.
2011 – Present Senior Bio-energy Project Manager – Mott MacDonald, Brighton UK
• Senior project manager responsible for delivering feasibility studies, lenders’ technical
advisory and technical due diligences, while managing relationships with key clients.
• Bio-energy and waste-to-energy technical assessor for major UK and worldwide projects.
• Carbon capture sequestration adviser.
• Geothermal power specialist.
• District heating/cooling with CHP scheme specialist.
• Leading various marketing and tender initiatives
2011(6 months) PV Project Management – on a voluntary basis, Alcamo Italy
Recently involved in the construction of a 90 kWp PV plant in the south of Italy for a not-for-profit
organisation. Significant experience has been gained in engineering, procurement,
construction and monitoring of commercial scale PV plants. Leading a multi-party EPC
consortium I assisted the not-for-profit organisation in obtaining loan, local authority and grid
operator permits and FIT incentives, by the plant being commissioned in November 2011.
2010 – 2011 Masterplanning Engineer – Mott MacDonald, London UK
• Carried out masterplanning studies focused on energy efficiency and sustainability.
• Researched local, regional and national energy policy to provide up-to-date advice in the UK.
• Developed energy strategies comprising a range of diverse building types.
• As senior consultant I trained graduate engineers on sustainable design practice.
• Developed in-house energy-and-carbon modelling tools (“Carbon Pilot” and “D.I.E.G.O.
Tool”, won the Mott MacDonald Milne award for innovation 2011).
• Carried out energy, water and waste strategy appraisals for sustainable developments.
2007 – 2010 Energy Technologist Specialist – FULCRUM Mott MacDonald, London UK
• Building performance analysis.
• Low and zero carbon technology assessment.
• Concept design of biomass plants, district heating, ground couple energy plants including
underground thermal energy storage (UTES) and ground source heat pumps (GSHP).
CV OF DIEGO CALANDRINO 2
• HVAC systems design.
2006 – 2007 Principal Biomass Engineer – MONCADA ENERGY GROUP, Agrigento Italy
• Managed resource allocation (3 staff) of thermal energy department.
• Process simulation of biomass and geothermal power station, including binary ORC cycle.
• Technical lead for the design, specification and implementation of biomass and vegetable oil
power plants, CCHP and district heating/cooling schemes.
• Experience gained in combustion systems, including high and low pressure boilers.
• Experience gained in prime movers, including steam turbines, gas engines.
2005 – 2006 Sales and marketing officer – Fonderie f.lli Mora s.p.a., Brescia Italy
• Trade marketing and research of new potential customers.
• Supplied negotiations with a wide range of national and multi-national companies involved in
the energy sector, including: Ansaldo Energy, Sauzer, Wartsilla, Nuovo Pignone (GE).
• Customer care, bid reviewing and billing.
• Italian : native language.
• English : speak fluently and read/write with high proficiency.
• Spanish : speak fluently and read/write with high proficiency.
• MS Office : proficient particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• CAD : AutoCAD (proficient), Solid Edge, Bentley.
• Energy modelling : Matlab (Simulink), EES, Mathcad, Labview, Thermo-flow, GateCycle.
• Thermal modelling : SAP, SBEM, TAS, IES.
• Programming : Visual Basic, Turbo-Pascal.
• Driving license.
• Painting: canvas, watercolor, Indian ink.
• Piano: classical studies at the “Istituto Musicale Antonio Vivaldi”, Italy.
• Visual art.
• Excellent references available on request.
• Reference project list available on LinkedIn.