Student at Indian institute of plantation mangement um Indian institute of plantation management
5. Apr 2017•0 gefällt mir•4,707 views
1 von 12
TATA KISAN SANSAR
5. Apr 2017•0 gefällt mir•4,707 views
Downloaden Sie, um offline zu lesen
Leadership & Management
To provide the farmer with a package of inputs and services for optimum utilization of balanced primary nutrients; plant protection chemicals; water; seeds; post-harvest services; and to develop a genuine partnership with the farm.
2. ABOUT TKS
• Tata Kisan Sansar is a dedicated network of retail stores created by Tata
Chemicals that act as a one-stop shop for farm solutions.
• OBJECTIVE : To provide the farmer with a package of inputs and
services for optimum utilization of balanced primary nutrients; plant
protection chemicals; water; seeds; post-harvest services; and to
develop a genuine partnership with the farmers.
• LOCATION : They operate in northern and eastern India – Punjab,
Haryana,UttarPradesh,Bihar and West Bengal.
• Over 820 Tata Kisan Sansar (TKS) stores in India that reach out to
approximately 2.3 million farmers.
3. Examine the innovativeness in the model and
the rationale for the model.
Providing rural infrastructure and finance to farmers gaining access to this
brave new world.
Right information and find market for farmer.
Giving top priority of knowledge to farmer and improve their yield.
Keep changing the evolving farmer mind-set.
To provide the farmer optimum utilization of balanced primary nutrients.
4. Soil and water testing, contract farming and credit facilitation.
All the centres are being computerised and a database of farmers is being
The company is also trying to set up development centres in association
with some agricultural universities.
Develop a genuine partnership with the farmer.
They maintain a library of journals and magazines to help the farmers.
5. They can also choose to pay selectively for services.
Offered services at a discount and taken for educational trips to agricultural
universities. They also get family insurance coverage.
There are also certain student awards for the children.
entertainment events in order to build better relations between farmers and
Agri. professional from the company have interacted with trainers at TKS
centres as well as farmers in the field.
6. CHANNEL STRATEGY
• It is franchised and they work on a hub and spoke model.
• It is spread across 4 states and 68 districts in the north zone and three states
and 20 districts in the east zone
• The hub acts as a resource center to a number of TKS outlets, and each
TKS services a number of surrounding villages. With 25 resource centers
and 497 TKSs, the initiative reaches more than 35 lakh farmers in 23,000
• Each resource center serves 17-18 TKS outlets which in turn serves 30-40
• This ensures all the TKS have backup from the resource centers.
7. KHET SE INITIATIVE
• Khet Se is born out of an exercise to address the needs of farmers.
• Areas of intervention – Teaching on how to grow better crops, help deal
better with post harvest issues, reduce damage in transit, feeding better to
• First center at Ludhiana in 2008.Plans to set up 20 more centers in 3 years
and 50 in next 5 years.
• Plans to supply to small and pushcart vendors through “cash and carry”
centers in Ludhiana.
RETAILERS ( Wal Mart
, Reliance Fresh , Star
8. EXPERIENCE OF THE COMPANY
• TATA KISAN SANSAR is concentrated in northern and eastern zone of the
Indian subcontinent wherein it faced many issues as TKK but when
repositioned as TKS it had a huge scope for emulating benefits for the
• From 2004 the initiative had a wider base of opportunities and it really had a
good time than ITC’s E-choupal since because it not only looks over
procurement but also other “ONE STOP SOLUTIONS” for all problems
like advisories for farmers, low credit rendering, Soil mapping and testing &
rendering quality training to the farmers.
• Due to it’s efficiency the farmer base grew huge to a number of 16 lakh
farmers with improved 500 outlets of TKS.
• In recent years it has a broader rate of expansion since it has multiple quality
services and well trained personnel for emancipating the services to the
9. COMPANY’S RESPONSE OVER MARKET
• TATA always has updates over ethical values and market dynamics and so
TKS where when repositioned in 2004 it started updating the services as per
the current market trends and the best success stories pertains over
UTTARKHAND state of India.
• Even at the time of inflation and deflation the farmers were eligible for low
credit rendering services where it was evident TATA was clear about their
vision about TKS and also other services like advisories at the time of
drought etc., gained the trust of the farmers where TKS personnel handled
situations with a personalized approach in a broader perspectives.
• And giving AGRI-INPUTS in a pre fixed price had a huge effect over
market trend among the farmers where they were saved by the fluctuation
and intermediaries who often exploit them.
10. suitablestrategy in the channel design to remain competitive in
• The TKSs enabled farmers to purchase required products and get expert
information. It was conceived as a long-term strategy to help farmers
combat competition and gain a competitive advantage
• It was decided to evolve its focus and give it a greater thrust as a
• The revamped initiative created a strong service brand, with a focus on
the delivery of products and services through a reliable channel.
• The change is in keeping with the evolving farming mindset in the
11. • You cannot go to the farmer with a pre-designed basket of products and
services and expect him to accept it; you have to design them according to
• What started out as a support for the company's fertiliser business has
grown into an alternate delivery mechanism that provides products and
services in a more reliable manner, to the ultimate benefit of the farmer.