1. Deepesh Rai
16125, Yona Vista Ave, San Jose, CA - 95127
Mob no.: +1 310-218-7870
A strong, result driven Systems/Data Analyst and Developer with more than 9 years of experience in
various programming languages and applications seeking a position that would utilize my skills and
knowledge to further the company’s productivity and reputation. My strong communication skills,
ability to interface in challenging situations, positive attitude and enthusiasm have been recognized by
past employers and are what make me a valuable asset to the company.
Summary of Qualifications
• Extensively used PL/SQL and Oracle coding/Development/Maintenance/Testing in various
• Extensive experience in Database development and RDBMS based applications
• Thorough experience as an Oracle developer and Systems Analyst in large production
environments with database implementation on UNIX.
• Highly experienced in creating database objects such as tables, views, database links, stored
procedures, functions, packages, triggers etc.
• Skilled in Database tasks such as Fetching records, inserting/updating records, maintaining
referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity.
• Improved query execution times by application of proper performance tuning techniques such
as application of indexes, removal of unwanted joins
• Experience in coordinating with stakeholders, end users, different teams to gather
requirements, provide analysis, propose solutions, provide detailed design, aid in
development, testing and production
• Experience in creating and working on Detailed Business Requirement Documents (DBRD),
Centralized Offers Requirements (COR), Functional Specification Documents (FSD) and
Detailed Design Documents (DLD) documents for different stakeholders
• Experience in gathering, analyzing and sizing the requirements. Creating SWAG and Level of
Effort (LoE) documents.
• Experienced in hosting and participating in pre-mortem meetings, JAD sessions, Risk
mitigation, Use case sessions, requirements and design review sessions
• Experience in working as a data and system analyst on a critical AT&T accounts migration
project. Approx. a million AT&T telco accounts were migrated from a legacy system to a newer
system on a much more advanced framework.
• Skilled in implementing enhancements in the system and perform Unit testing.
• Conducted release planning activities, executed production releases as a Release Lead.
• Extensively used UNIX Shell Scripting
2. • Worked in multi-cultural, multi-vendor, cross-platform applications to deliver high visibility and
• Interacted on a daily basis with the global contact points across various regions of the client.
• Facilitated team leading and mentoring activities as a Technology Analyst.
• Interact and worked with SQA leads and the SQA team to co-ordinate functional and
performance testing of various enterprise deliverables and defects or production issues that
may arise in the SQA or Production environments respectively
• Closely worked with the Business Intelligence team on reporting. Helped them write queries to
extract data from supported applications. Helped resolve issues that may arise in the reports
generated by BI.
• Closely worked with the Production Operations and Problem Management team to help
analyze and resolve critical issues arising in the production environment.
• Highly experienced in identifying, analyzing resolving problem tickets ranging from simple to
complex and creating Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Documents
• Experience in Agile and Express methodologies of development.
• Domain expertise includes Media and Entertainment, Telecom (telco) industry - Crediting
Applications, Billing Applications, and Offers. Also familiar with Middleware Applications,
publishing systems, aerospace.
• Utilized strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting techniques to understand
complex system designs , identify/ analyze requirements to provide appropriate solutions
• Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• More than 3 years of experience in leading a team (onsite and offshore) and project/team
• Has an excellent communication skill that has been always appreciated by the clients.
Applications Retail, Media and Entertainment, Crediting, Offers and Billing systems, Telecom
Systems, Publishing systems, Aerospace.
Languages SQL, PL/SQL, Java, shell scripting.
Database Oracle 11g, 10g
Tools Postman, JIRA, ServiceNow, Jenkins, Endeca Workbench, SOLR, Oracle SQL
Developer, Oracle PL/SQL Developer, Eclipse, WSAD
Version control SVN, Clear Case.
Operating Systems Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7. UNIX
3. Professional Experience
Client: Kohl’s, Milpitas. CA Feb 2016 – Present
Application Description: Currently working as a Data Analyst for Kohl’s Mobile DevOps team. DevOps in
Kohl’s comprises of the following pillars System and Environment, Build and Deployment, Automation,
Perf. Testing and Data Analysis Setup and Management. Data Analysis Setup and Management team
responsibilities include –
• Serve as the “GO-TO” for any data related requests, issues or questions for Kohl’s Dev, QA and
• Attend story reviews, analyze requirements, fulfil data setup requests for feature, functionality,
project and release level testing.
• Work on data setup requirements across multiple environments at any given point of time.
• Maintain integrity of data across all environments
• Regularly update and maintain Golden data across all environments.
• Setup new data for new Kohl’s features introduced every release. Ensure the new data is copied to
all environments and included in the Golden data set by executing batch jobs.
• Regularly update and maintain the GIV feed to ensure stock/inventory of products.
• Identify invalid data requests and scenarios by QA and Dev and provide feedback.
• Identify irregularities in data/corrupt data and correct the same.
• Working in an Agile environment where in time to market is critical. Support Production
deployment (Go-Live) every month.
• Constant interaction with QA, Dev, OAPI DevOps teams on a daily basis.
• Attend scrum, triage and release calls on a daily basis.
• Send out daily and monthly status reports for Kohl’s management executive deck
• Constantly thrive towards minimizing data related issues and at the same time work towards
achieving a fully automated data setup and management process.
• More than 400 tickets resolved and closed in the last 7 months
• Successful test data setup for the brand new functionality “BOPUS Shop My Store” feature.
Received QA signoff on all test data without any issues/escalations
• “Mcom 2DC” test data setup – For 17 different categories that covered 100 unique scenarios.
• “Monetization” test data setup – New feature for TDM. Successfully received transition and access
from OAPI team on Monetization test data setup. Going forward, mobile TDM can independently set
up monetization test data for existing attributes as well as insert brand new attributes.
• Kohl’s Cash Automation – We can new generate 100s of Kohl’s cash in almost no time. Increased
throughput and highly reduced ETA on JIRA tickets.
• GIV (Product Inventory) Automation - we can now setup inventory for any number of
BOPUS product across multiple stores. Increased throughput and highly reduced ETA on JIRA tickets.
4. Client: DirecTV, El Segundo. CA March 2013 – Feb 2016
Developer, Systems Analyst
Application Description: Telcos Crediting System (TCS) and Tracking Activation and Offer system (TAOS)
are DirecTV’s primary crediting applications. Together the two applications process more than $3 Billion
worth of transactions/credits annually.
• Worked as the Developer and Systems Analyst for TCS and TAOS applications, which handles credit
posting for DirecTV’s telco customers.
• As a lead developer, single handedly developed, maintained, supported and enhanced the
• Successfully managed to maintain Zero defect density through efficient coding and extensive unit
testing across all releases - enterprise or off-cycle and functional or offers.
• Worked on multiple functional requirements and projects including complex functional projects
like Simplified Bill, Credit counter, Middleware Replacement, AT&T accounts and data Migration
and successfully delivered defect free code.
• Worked on multiple offers projects including the Bundles Credits project where a total of 88 offers
• Closely worked with the BI team on migrating legacy TCS reporting to BI reports as part of the AT&T
• Worked in an Agile and Express (Exclusive for DTV Offers) environment where in time to market is
critical. Production deployment (Go-Live) is every 15 days.
• Suggested various simple yet efficient solutions to stakeholders when required by the team
• Single handedly designed and implemented a new and a more efficient crediting process and
delivered it successfully in a short duration with Zero defects in SQA testing.
• Successfully analyzed, implemented and delivered Incident tickets, problem tickets and request
• Always maintained a very short lead time in analyzing tickets and delivered the requirements
without compromising quality.
• Successfully trained and enabled off-shore team members in scaling up and independently handle
client communication, requirements and projects.
• Extensively worked in collaboration with different cross functional teams across the company
• Provided high level analysis and prepared detailed Functional specification documents/Detailed
design documents and estimates/sizing for all projects
• Proactively identified defects and issues in the requirements for every project, avoiding defects and
productions issues during testing.
5. Key Projects:
• Simplified Bill– As the only Systems analyst and developer for TCS application worked on the new
bill (look and feel) of DirecTV. Worked with different stakeholders and business factions to gather
analyze, document requirements and size the effort. Actively participated in brain storming sessions.
As a developer, delivered a defect free code.
• Bundles Credits– As part of this project, DTV expired old retro offers and launched 88 new telco
offers thru the TCS application. As part of the design and brainstorming session, suggested a
effective solutions to one of the business problems. The solution was approved and the same was
implemented. The solution is so effective that it is currently being used by other projects and
initiatives too even today.
• Stackable Discounts (AT&T accounts and data migration) – Worked as a data and systems Analyst
on a critical data migration project that spanned over a year, wherein approximately a million
accounts were migrated from TCS to TAOS. Migrated legacy application reporting to BI reports.
Worked with the business, BAs and the Architects on the requirements actively participated and
conducted brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions and requirements and design review sessions.
Suggested design solutions that were accepted and executed. Worked with the development team
on the migration script and implemented the same successfully.
Client: LexisNexis, Pune, India Jan 2009 – Dec 2012
Technology Analyst, Senior Systems Engineer – Project Editorials Apps
The project involved providing support which includes resolving any defects arising in the production
environment and working on any service request raised by the Client. Also propose and perform
enhancements to improve system performance on a whole. This involves some client critical
applications like Tracker, HCCS, Tracker and HCCS reports, OSD-FTP, URBANA, ISM and WFM.
• Worked as the Primary owner of a Java based application GUI – Tracker that fetches, inserts and
updates records from approximately 200 production database tables on a daily basis.
• Worked on developing queries, sql blocks, scripts, procedures, functions, indexes, database links,
views for fetching, inserting and modifying data on the Production Database.
• Kept the production database running at its optimum by removal of locks, cleansing of data
through mass movement of records across databases and schemas etc.
• Played a key role in the Tracker and HCCS Production Database Archival initiatives. Even after
proper and adequate indexing on the most Transaction heavy database tables, the query execution
6. times for select, insert and update took a very long time. As a part of the solution, created a parallel
schema, called the Archival schema with similar tables (only select). Created a stored procedure that
will accept a single date as a parameter and will move all the records prior to the inputted date from
the production schema to the archival schema for each of the tables. This procedure ran on a
monthly basis keeping only data for last two years at a given time. In order that the Application
users do not miss out on the older data, created a separate Java based GUI to view the records
from the Archival schema. After the first Archival activity, the query execution times took a
significant dip thus improving over application performance. All throughout the activity successfully
maintained the consistency between the tables in terms of constraints, indexes, maintaining foreign
key relationships etc.
• Involved in the Caselaw Modernization Activity which required to fetch data from a different
database. Successfully established and implemented a database link between the two databases.
Using the link, created views in his database schema for all the tables from which records needed to
be fetched. Successfully implemented and established the connection from the Java based GUI to
the newly created views so that the records could be viewed on screen. This saved a lot of end user
and customer effort as they need not access two different applications for two different
• As a part of the Tracker Reports initiative, successfully improved the query execution and
application response times for almost all of the reports through analysis and implementation of
proper indexing, removal of unwanted joins between tables etc. For some of the reporting services
the response times reduced from 7 minutes to around 3-5 seconds just through proper indexing.
LexisNexis, Manila, Philippines Feb 2011 – Mar 2011
Technology Analyst – Project Orlando
Project Description: This project involved carrying out installation followed by manual and automated
testing of all critical client applications at client’s new ODC in Manila, Philippines.
• Carried out manual and automated testing of 9 critical client applications at the client’s new
Offshore Development Center in Manila, Philippines.
• The project involved interaction and meetings with the clients on a regular basis, daily.
• The project involved creation of bulk test data for each round of testing.
• Created queries, scripts and stored procedures for mass movement of records across database
• Successfully automated the sustained load of 85-90 virtual users of all the applications for the
entire test window time of more than one hour every time.
• Worked on the HP’s Performance Center for this activity.
7. LexisNexis, Pune, India July 2007 – Dec 2008
Technology Analyst, Senior Systems Engineer – Project Editorials Apps
• Provided resolution to any defects arising in the production environment on priority basis.
• Fixed bugs during System testing, UAT and smoke testing.
• Received full transition from Subject matter Experts (SME).
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.).
Datta Meghe College of Engineering,
University of Mumbai, India.
2003 – 2007