Danielle_Anderson_resume 2015 as of acctg supervisor
1. DANIELLE L. ANDERSON
1 Varady Drive
Fords, NJ 08863
Home (732) 417 – 9459 Cell (908) 917 – 3898 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY Self-motivated, hard-working Financial/Operational Professional with over 22 years varied experience in the
financial services industry. Flexible supervisor who has successfully trained and consolidated staff and
related functions due to mergers and acquisitions. Extensive experience managing special projects.
EXPERIENCE Covanta Energy Corporation, Morristown, NJ June 2008 to present
Corporate Accounting Supervisor
Hired to supervise one staff accountant who prepared monthly cash bank reconciliations, and prepared multiple
monthly cash-related journal entries such as: reclassing of all corporate legal and travel expenses to the proper
business units, monthly entries to record all zba activity in over 100 domestic bank accounts, and other miscellaneous
entries such as recording of bank fees/interest. Mentored staff, gave performance evaluations, and ensured all
monthly deadlines were met in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities once reorganization of unit eliminated staff accountant position reporting to supervisor:
• Ensure all monthly cash account bank reconciliations are prepared and reviewed both manually, and on the
PeopleSoft Banking module for over 140 accounts in a timely and accurate manner. Research all reconciliation
items and have corrected in the PeopleSoft system. This includes working closely with the Treasury and AP units,
as well as all accounting staff at the domestic facilities to ensure receipt of bank statements, ensure all AP
transactions are recorded correctly and timely, that JPMorgan corrects all bank-related errors, and that the facility
staff records all AR and AP transactions correctly.
• Ensure that the monthly travel reclass entry is prepared, reviewed, and recorded by the end of Day 1 of the
• Create and ensure that all miscellaneous journal entries related to cash accounts are prepared and approved on
the PeopleSoft General Ledger module prior to the end of the monthly Close process.
• Ensure that Covanta is compliant with the Escheatment laws of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. This
includes tracking all outstanding checks issued domestically; researching and working with business unit
accounting staffs to either reissue, void or reclass to the Escheatment Liability account; reviewing the escheatment
laws on an annual basis; and preparing and submitting all escheatment reports within legal parameters.
• Create all non-capital expense projects for the domestic facilities/business units on the Project Costing PeopleSoft
module. Work closely with the facility accounting staff to ensure receipt of all required information, create on
system within 48 hours of receipt, and track and close projects once completed.
• Supply all audit-related information to facility accounting staffs, internal and external auditors as required. Includes
bank statements, copies of cancelled checks, and bank reconciliations.
• Assist the PeopleSoft conversion team by: explaining system needs and daily functions; testing of the new system;
and working with the IT area to correct problems within the Banking, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Project
Costing, and Expense modules.
• Assist in the reorganization of the bank account structure prior to the PeopleSoft conversion. Worked closely with
Treasury Unit and facility accounting staffs to resolve all outstanding checks in accounts being closed.
• Other miscellaneous duties such as: completing tasks of staff accountant during transition time; importing and
uploading of paid check files to the PeopleSoft banking module; training of new staff member; reviewing all
requests for voided checks and providing copies of paid checks when requested; increasing efficiency of functions
such as bank reconciliations and reclass entries; creating current procedure for Escheatment process.
RCG Information Technology, Edison, NJ June 2007 – November 2007
Corporate Billing Manager
• Supervise four clerks: in the receipt of timesheets and expense reports for the preparation of payroll; in the
generation and review of individual client invoices; in the creation of monthly reports for specialized clients;
and overseeing all aspects of customer service. Plan/coordinate assignments of staff. Hire and train staff.
• Research/correct misposting of client timesheets for both payroll and invoicing.
• Communicate with regional and corporate offices to ensure accuracy and timeliness of billing.
• Assist Accounts Receivable unit in the receipt of payments.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly reports for major clients as required.
1999 – 2007 Computershare, Jersey City, NJ
Supervisor, Billing/Accounts Receivable Financial Administration 2000 - 2007
• Supervise five clerks: in the processing of entries to the Billing/Contracts systems; the generation and
distribution of monthly invoices; application of cash receipts for invoice payments and prepaid expenses;
rebilling of expenses to individual clients; reconciliation of General Ledger/Billing System accounts.
• Plan/coordinate work assignments of staff. Prepare and deliver employee goals, development plans and
performance reviews, and plan merit increases. Hire and train staff. Update/write procedures as needed.
• Research/correct misposts to the Billing/Contract systems.
• Assist account managers in the setup of contracts.
• Work with programmers to enhance the Billing and Contract systems.
2. • Prepared a Contract system manual, then gave classes to account managers and administrators on the
• Assisted with the conversion of the Financial Systems and the shareholder systems.
DANIELLE A. ANDERSON (PAGE 2)
Supervisor, Financial Accounting Financial Administration 1999 - 2000
• Supervise three clerks: in the processing of entries to the corporation’s General Ledger, subledger, and billing
systems; in the reconciliation of subledgers to General Ledger accounts; in the process of billing clients for
postage and insurance.
• Plan work assignments of staff. Prepare and deliver employee performance reviews. Plan employee merit
increases within specified budget. Train staff on new procedures and on-line systems.
• Assist staff accountant with month end General Ledger.
• Research and correct misposts to the General Ledger and subledger.
• Coordinated the relocation/reorganization of the unit out of the Financial Administration area.
• Assisted project team assigned to reorganize the General Ledger, subledger, and cash receipt processes.
Prepared complete procedure manual on the existing processes and explained the processes and system
capabilities to programming staff.
1986 - 1999 First Union National Bank(Now Wachovia Bank), North Brunswick, NJ
Business Analyst I, Bank Officer Education Loan Services 1998 - 1999
• Managed the Loan Denial/Override Process for federally guaranteed parent (PLUS) loans.
• Designed procedures for, underwrote, and funded Alternative Student Loans.
• Responsible for the preparation/distribution of monthly departmental MIS reports.
• Prepared and submitted CURED student loans to servicer.
• Assisted with the input and verification of General Ledger, DDA, and Wire Transfer entries.
Consumer Credit Financial Analyst I Consumer Sales Support 1997 – 1998
• Prepared and distributed daily loan activity reports on the $4 Billion Consumer Loan Portfolio.
• Redesigned, then maintained the database, prepared general ledger entries, and performed reconciliations for
all FASB91 accounts.
• Prepared departmental Monthly Expense Analysis, the monthly Consumer Loan Portfolio Balance reports, as
well as the Monthly Consumer Credit Income Forecast.
• Assisted in the preparation of the departmental budget, and input to the ESSBASE Budget System.
• Reviewed daily General Ledger transaction reports for reasonableness and accuracy. Prepared
miscellaneous portfolio and expense analyses.
Consumer Loan Coordinator Consumer Lending Special Programs 1996 - 1997
• Responsible for establishing unit for innovative loan origination program including: Set up on the General
Ledger and loan system; developing procedures for loan funding and underwriting; setup ACH funding option;
trained clerical staff.
• Responsible for the booking of loans to the CS system and preparing associated General Ledger entries.
Assisted the underwriter with input and decisioning of applications, and preparation of loan documentation.
Communicated with the loan broker regarding loan fundings and operational issues.
Regulatory Reporting/Financial Analyst Consumer Loan Operations 1994 – 1996
• Developed monthly corporate and quarterly CALL reporting packages on Consumer Loan Portfolio submitted
to Corporate Controllers, and improved process’s accuracy and timeliness by 25%.
• Maintained database, prepared general ledger entries, and performed reconciliations for all FASB91 accounts.
• Compiled monthly delinquency /charge-off data and submitted consolidated report to Credit Administration.
• Reviewed expense accounts to validate entries and research questionable charges; calculated and prepared
monthly accrual submission; researched variances and provided supporting data for month end variance
Supervisor, Payment Processing Consumer Loan Operations 1992 – 1994
• Key member of team who led the relocation and consolidation of two Payment Processing departments into
one. Created training/procedure manual. Supervised and trained 12 new clerks in payment, loan payoff,
exception payment, and charge-off processing. Performed daily/monthly MIS reporting. Prepared employee
• Selected to supervise the consolidation of newly acquired bank’s consumer portfolio into existing consumer
portfolio. Trained staff members and supervised 5 clerks in day to day operations.
• Successfully accomplished the update of the Student Loan Portfolio records. Reconciled accounts and
transferred portfolio to the Bancorporation’s Student Loan Department.
Senior Credit Analyst, Professional Banker Program 1990 – 1992
Participated in commercial credit training program consisting of classroom and practical experience – included
preparation of credit underwriting analyses for loan approval committees.
Accounting Clerk II, Adjustments and Investigations 1986 - 1990
Performed departmental proofs, compiled departmental reports, tracked General Ledger entries, adjusted cash letter
entries, communicated with correspondent banks and other bank departments.
3. EDUCATION Bachelor of Science in Finance, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
SKILLS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, several in-house systems, several General Ledger systems including SAP, Hyperion Finance
System, Peoplesoft Financials, Ebackoffice/Experian Financials. Familiarity of Microsoft Access.