1. CYNTHIA FREY
2521 W. 49th
Terrace (816) 510-2685
Westwood, KS email@example.com
Adaptable, self-motivated professional with experience in delivering high quality service
to customers. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish
rapport. Strong skills in analytical thinking, record keeping and documentation.
Strengths include effective communication with individuals from diverse backgrounds,
the ability to problem solve and be flexible to change.
ASSURANT EMPLOYEE BENEFITS, Kansas City, MO 2001 - 2015
Disability Claims Analyst
Managed short and long term disability claims based on analysis of multiple criteria to
determine eligibility for benefits. Evaluated disability claimants degree of physical and
or mental limitations based on medical records and Assurant clinical review findings and
• Reviewed insurance policies to determine coverage and eligibility. Followed
claim procedures and requirements. Determined claim direction and developed
action plans to meet claim goals.
• Worked with Microsoft Word for correspondence and computer data bases to
assess, search and retrieve data.
• Completed phone interviews with claimants and policy holders. Provided
detailed explanation on the claim process and policy provisions.
• Processed and wrote assessments regarding medical records, Social Security
documents, Worker’s Compensation documents, financial documents, income
tax return documents and overpayment letters.
• Demonstrated financial accuracy. Calculated benefit amounts and issued
payments. Recovered overpayments.
• Referred claims for services such as vocational rehabilitation, medical review,
settlement review and assistance with applying for Social Security Disability.
Corresponded with doctors, hospitals, attorneys and other required contacts.
MISSOURI DIVISION OF FAMILY SERVICES, Kansas City, MO 1998 - 2001
Social Service Worker
Conducted permanency plans for children and presented case information.
Continuously updated and maintained detailed case records and documentation.
• Provided home visits and interviewed children and their families to analyze their
personal family situation, discipline techniques, parental capabilities and barriers
to determine what services would best meet their needs and provide a safe
2. CYNTHIA FREY (816) 510-2685
• Wrote reports, provided testimony and recommendations at Jackson County
• Coordinated support services such as child care, drug abuse treatment, job
training, counseling, and parenting classes.
• Completed placements of children in foster care, custody of relatives, adoptive
homes, psychiatric and medical care facilities.
• Evaluated home conditions and wrote home studies for recommendations on
placements for children.
KELLY SERVICES, Albuquerque, NM 1997 - 1998
Delivered high quality service to customers and temporary employees by matching the
skills of temporaries to customer needs. Obtained detailed job assignment information
from the customer and utilized it to provide effective customer service.
• Interviewed applicants with a variety of skill levels, identified job skills and
• Administered skill testing based applicant abilities to evaluate qualifications for
assignments. Provided training to upgrade skills for assignments.
• Reviewed available assignments daily, collaborated with coworkers and, when
necessary, coordinated with other staffing vendors to fill customer work orders
with qualified temporaries.
• Provided pre-assignment orientation to all temporary employees along with
desired information for customers and temporaries. Monitored attendance and
performance. Resolved problems or complaints.
• Maintained customer and temporary employee records to ensure completeness
and accuracy. Reviewed invoices from vendors and prepared for final approval
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sociology
University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS