Steps to Create your Moodle Course
1) Collect files and put on a flash drive (videos, audio files, word documents, PowerPoint
presentations, spreadsheets, graphics and photos, pdfs, etc)
2) Attend the beginning workshop, Moodle Motivation: A Key to Actively Engage Learners
3) Decide the purpose of the course
a. Who is your audience?
b. What do you want to share with your audience?
c. How do you want your audience to use Moodle?
4) Add information about yourself to your Profile
5) Complete the Settings for Course (Admin/Settings)
6) Decide which Side Blocks you will need to add to your course.
a. Delete those blocks you do not want
b. Add those blocks you want.
c. Move the blocks where you want them to be
7) Upload all Files you have available to Files/Admin
a. Create folders
b. Upload Files
c. Rename files
8) Add Course Content
a. Plan, Plan, Plan. Create a plan or visual map for how your course will look and what
content you will place where.
b. Create a header section with pictures, labels, etc (This is called Topic 0)
c. Create a Summary heading for each section/topic
d. Add Links to all Documents you uploaded.
e. Add Links to Websites you want to include.
f. Add Labels to your page
i. Labels with Graphics
ii. Labels with text for directions, etc.
iii. Labels with Lines to Divide Content
g. Organize your content as you go. You can always move it around later.
9) Print out New User Handouts for your Participants that include your unique Enrollment
10) Attend Moodle Module workshops to learn how to add other Moodle features to your