12. It was strange at first but I quickly
got used to left-hand traffic when I
was in the UK.
13. Maria lived in her old house for 20
years. Now she’s getting used to
the new one.
14. As a single he never cooked. As a
husband he’s getting used to
15. My car was stolen so I’m getting
used to travelling by train.
16. Complete the sentences using
used to+ infinitive or be/get used to
+ ing form
1. It’s taken me some time, but slowly, I
_________ (wake up) at 6 am every morning.
2. She ________ (play) tennis every Saturday
before she hurt her wrist.
3. John and Mary ________ (go out) with friends
every evening before they had their baby.
4. They__________ (eat) fatty foods every day,
but now they’ve cut down.