336 491 1420
automotive operations and implementation specialist
profit at high-volume single-point dealerships and multi-point automotive groups.
● experienced at designing and implementing successful operational processes
● extensively trained and experienced in BDC setup, staffing, and management
● deep knowledge of technical areas, including: vehicle inventory database and data vendor
management, Reynolds and Reynolds ERA DMS, multiple CRMs
● expert at talent acquisition and management
Highlyskilled at utilizing active listening, critical thinking, and complex problem solving skills to
separate signal from noise in organizational and interpersonal communication.
[information technology/digital assets]
Understandsthe flow of asset data from an accounting mindset as well as operational standpoint;
knows where to find the data that indicate opportunities for Variable to turn inventory more quickly
and for Fixed to increase efficiencies; can introduce and teach best practices for inventory
reconciliation to multiple sources asaprocess;isalwaysinformedofthelatestindustrytechnologyand
deployment considerations; is very comfortable with Reynolds and Reynolds DMS (GUI and non-GUI
versions); is fluent with the new SAAS cloud-based DMS systems.
Studentof design in all its forms; expert user ofentireAdobeCreativeCloud;handlesboththecreative
and the technical aspects of web design and user experience; is fascinated with typography.
[psychology and personality]
Independent;creative; excellent at managing small teams; most effective reporting directly to
executive management or the Board;worksbestwithahighdegreeofautonomy,butenjoysteamwork
and shared responsibility; is familiar withandcannavigatethecomplexanddelicatedynamicsinherent
in the top levels of alargeorganization;hasconsistentlyandsuccessfullyheldpositionsthatdemanded
total trust and discretion.
profitMotionNC|Owner - Principal| 12/14-Present
Creates and refines the brand identities of small and midsize companies through both web and
graphic design. Handles all aspects of the business, from marketing to accounting. Does all design
and SEO work for clients in-house.
Consults with non-competing dealer groups in operations and talent acquisition.
Consults with companies who are interested in doing business in the Franchise Automotive
Dealer space, helping them to better understand the motivations, needs, and goals of Dealer
Groups, Dealer Principals, and Owner/Operators.
The Arden Group|Automotive Operations and Web Design| 03/14-12/14
Functioned as Automotive Operations Specialist, Implementation Coordinator, and Web
Designer for the family office of the Parks-Michael Automotive ownership group.
Managed the vetting and introduction of new vendors, products, processes, and technologies for
over thirty franchise dealerships. Worked extensively with vendors across the group in order to
decrease friction, increase efficiency, and drive down costs both human and capital.
Re-designed and built all corporate websites and social media accounts.
Found, researched, tested, and deployed an advanced fixed-asset inventory tracking system that
managed over 7k assets across 26 dealerships, enabling Corporate to perform the first accurate
GAAP reconciliation in over a decade and adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to the bottom
line through depreciation.
● Leading and facilitating the introduction of new processes, equipment, and technologies
● Leading (as Project Coordinator), facilitating and/or supporting on various technical
● Redesigning, creating, and maintaining all corporate websites
● Monitoring and reporting on the progress of technical projects
● Working closely with stakeholders when assessing and developing new processes or
● Performing risk assessments and reporting any potential technical issues
● Creating and maintaining all corporate social media accounts and associated content
● Providing hands-on technical support and guidance to departments/staff, as needed
● Troubleshooting and resolving technical/process issues
● Maintaining an ongoing understanding and knowledge of the latest regulatory
● Reviewing practices, monitoring trends, and initiating improvement opportunities
● Assisting with the development of documentation, including process flows and SOPs
Parks-Michael Automotive| Global Implementation Coordinator| 10/13-02/14
Responsible for translating corporate goals into actionable priorities by developing
implementation strategies, working with managers, executing changes, solving problems, and
monitoring progress. Consistently active on multiple projects spread over multiple locations.
Worked closely with and directly for top- level management and owner groups to ensure a
consistent culture and measurable movement towards globalization.
Analyzed current operations and developed processes expected to have immediate impact, as
well as continue to scale successfully through expected growth and expansion.
● Delivering high-impact solutions to executive management by identifying key issues,
defining appropriate work structure, and driving workable recommendations that created
● Directing and coordinating project initiatives to ensure that key deliverables were met on
● Analyzing and understanding the Company’s strategy, future product plans, and
● Conducting extensive new product analysis for all business development ventures, as
● Delivering follow-up summaries and recommended action steps based on analysis
● Driving the execution of key strategic initiatives and establishing the fact base for critical
● Evaluating current business processes and delivery channels
● Driving a net increase in organizational effectiveness and efficiency
● Collaborating closely with IT vendors in order to minimize costs and service disruption
● Working closely with Operations personnel
● Ensuring that business development activities integrated well within the store
● Facilitating and tracking measurable per-store ROI increases
Parks-Michael Automotive| Parts Manager | 06/13-09/13
Generated and implemented a profitable business plan for selling automotive parts on the
internet through both established platforms and new channels.
Identified and procured wholesale items underrepresented in the marketplace, drove favorable
vendor agreements and licensing deals, and created a viable brand and web presence across
multiple sales platforms. Trained the incoming Parts Manager to continue operation of the
nascent business in order to achieve stability and controlled growth.
Acted as Parts Manager for several months after the incumbent Manager quit suddenly.
Maintained profitability, started a successful wholesale business that represented an entirely
new revenue stream, and kept a $500k parts inventory stock within allowable variances through
Kernersville Chrysler Dodge| Director of Special Projects| 03/05-06/13
Specialized in increasing efficiency and profit in automotive fixed operations. Assisted the Fixed
Operations Director and owners with all projects outside of the normal scope of day-to-day
Researched and implemented software, hardware, and wireless solutions for the automotive
industry, specifically at the dealership level, in both internal and customer-facing environments.
Managed all technology vendors and helpdesk tickets for two locations and over two hundred
Worked for over a year with the Fixed Operations Director in planning, creating stakeholder
buy-in, and implementing the purchase and upfit of an abandoned 20,000 sq ft semi-truck repair
shop. Oversaw all aspects of the construction upfit and personnel hiring necessary for operation,
quickly turning it into a highly profitable 20+ bay independent repair facility for light- and
medium-duty diesel trucks that also houses the largest volume NAPA Auto Care Center in the
nation. Ultimately we created several new revenue streams for the company, and managed a
shop that successfully handled all internal inspections and repairs of a single-rooftop franchise
selling over 600 units a month- including over 200 Powerstroke, Duramax, and Cummins diesel
Established highly favorable contract terms with vendors, researched how to build and then built
a high-volume high- quality photo booth for cars and trucks and designed the operational
process maps and inventory flows it would necessitate, and continued to find novel ways to
generate bottom-line profit within both the independent and franchise automotive operational
Thomas Edison State College, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)in Entrepreneurship
Projected Graduation - 2017
visit my design business
connect with me on linkedin
Fixed Operations Director
Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Director of Operations