SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Scribd wird den Betrieb von SlideShare ab 1. Dezember 2020 übernehmen.Ab diesem Zeitpunkt liegt die Verwaltung Ihres SlideShare-Kontos sowie jeglicher Ihrer Inhalte auf SlideShare bei Scribd. Von diesem Datum an gelten die allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen und die Datenschutzrichtlinie von Scribd. Wenn Sie dies nicht wünschen, schließen Sie bitte Ihr SlideShare-Konto. Mehr erfahren
BA Honours CMIOSH
2 The Bungalows, Upper Town, Oxenhope, Keighley,
West Yorkshire, BD22 9LL
Risk Management and Health Safety Professional with 20 year’s experience of delivering risk
management and health and safety management across industry and public sector. Skilled in
cultivating positive relationships with a diverse group of internal customers. Creative, resourceful
and flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities, with a corporate perspective.
I am looking for my next challenge within the areas of risk management and health and safety and I
am open to both contract and full time positions.
Key Achievements and Skills
• Coordinated and managed the introduction of a corporate health and safety risk registers
across 8 faculties and 4 central business functions in a university of 4500 staff and 36,000
students and a turnover of £300million. This made the organisation more effective in the
identification, evaluation and treatment of risk though the introduction of risk registers.
• Managed, coordinated and supported the production of complex risk assessments to meet
the needs of staff and students within the university to support the delivery of teaching
• Very experienced in leading, designing and implementing risk management processes
across organisations as demonstrated in the NHS with the development of risk management
strategies and policies that were key in leading to organisational improvements and
insurance premium discounts
• Working at a senior corporate level within the healthcare sector, led and coordinated the
integration of the assurance frame work and risk register
• Ability to manage major responsibilities within a large complex University with multiple
buildings and processes including being a key member of the project team that helped
deliver on a £350 million campus redevelopment, supporting colleagues in capital projects
and estates teams
• Maintained personal and professional development through attendance of University Health
and Safety Association (USHA) Conference and working on specialist sub groups producing
sector guidance on the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and
Asbestos. Also Chair of the USHA North West Group
• Led and coordinated on the development of strategy including the development of a
wellbeing and mental wellbeing strategy and a three-year health and safety strategy to help
drive improvement and retention of staff
• Managed a team of 4 Health and Safety Professionals at Manchester Met University as well
as the Ionising and Non Ionising contract
• Led and successfully managed a small team at East Cheshire NHS Trust and Wakefield PCT
covering the key areas of patient safety, risk and health and safety.
• Managed the introduction of a revised health and safety audit process based around BS
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Standard leading to a revitalising of health
and safety across the University
• Led on the audit of the Laboratories within the Science and Engineering Faculty which
serviced 5000 students covering the key areas of Health Science, Engineering, Biology,
Chemistry, Environment and Geographical Sciences
• Experienced in coordinating interpreting and auditing within the NHS to ensure compliance
against various NHS internal standards including NHSLA Standards, Controls Assurance
and CQC standards,
• Key lead and contributor to the development and delivery of University training programs on
Health and Safety and Well-being matters to cover 4500 staff
• Key member of the team involved in the second £200 million campus redevelopment,
leading on all issues around health and safety and fire in regard to the redevelopment
• Lead at East Cheshire NHS Trust the project on successfully reorganising and revitalising
the Trusts approach to the NHSLA Standards putting the trust in the best position for
• Managed successfully at East Cheshire NHS Trust a project on falls, which saw a reduction
in reported incidents and a reduction in risk by 10%
• Key member of the senior management team for Wakefield PCT that led on the development
and implementation of provider services
• Lead on the implementation of PLANON accident reporting module at Manchester Met
University. Within the NHS, led on the implementation of DATIX as well as working with
Ulysses which led in NHS East Cheshire to an aggregated report on Incidents, Accidents
Cultural Change and Learning
• Through being an experienced expert in the analysis and investigation of incidents and
accidents, including root because analysis helped bring about changes through the learning
of lessons within the NHS and University sector
• Through the introduction of a revised audit process in the University that saw an audit of all
faculties and services leading increased focus on health and safety
• Led on the strategic review of all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and
implemented a policy tracking process
Health and Safety Manager Manchester Metropolitan University — month? 2011- October 2016
• As Health and Safety manager I delivered a wide range of Health and Safety Services that
have helped enhance the University and maintained a positive health and safety culture.
• I have led on the development of the University’s Health and Safety Strategy ensuring the
achievement of business objectives while also ensuring the University met its legal
• I managed a small team of health and safety professionals in providing customer focused,
effective and timely Health and Safety advice across a wide internal customer base.
Deputy Associate Director of Governance East Cheshire NHS Trust — 2010-2011
• Responsible for ensuring the trust met national standards and legislation in the areas of
risk, governance and health and safety.
• Managed the Clinical Effectiveness, Research and Development Team, Information
Governance and Health and Safety manager. Deputised for the Associate Director of
Head of Risk Management NHS Wakefield District PCT — 2008-2010
• Managed and provided leadership and expertise on risk management across the trust.
• The principal lead for the development, co-ordination and implementation of effective risk
management strategies, policies and external assessments with the PCT.
Risk Manager Airedale NHS trust 2000-2008
• Held responsibility for the management, development and implementation of the trusts
clinical and non-clinical risk management and health and safety agenda.
Risk Manager Cert Group of Companies 1998-2000
• Held responsibility for risk management processes for the group, ensuring business risks
were identified and managed. Managed the groups insurance cover and claims data base
Group Risk Manager Hollas plc 1995-1998
• Responsible for all aspects the group’s health and safety and risk management areas.
Graduate Production Manager then Production Manager for Courtaulds Textiles plc 1989-1995
• Production management trainee the production manager responsible for 12 supervisors
and the day to day production requirements of the factory.
Education & Qualifications
Advanced Fire Managers Course Vulcan Fire 2014
OHSAS18001 Lead Auditors Course via Sheffield Hallam University 2014
Fire Managers Course Part 1 and Part 2 2012-13
NEBOSH Diploma Part 1 2004
NEBOSH Diploma Part 2 2001
Associate of Institute of Risk Management Course 1997-1998
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne BA Honours in History 1985-1988
4 A Levels at Grade B and C 1983-1985
9 O Levels 1981-1983