SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
The changes and developments
in media technology in the past
15 – 20 years
• Mobile phones have changed dramatically over the past 20 years as
they have become more like personal computers. The obvious
changes are the size, weight and the technology used.
• Mobile phones were invented so people could contact friends and
family when they left the house. Mobiles now have apps where you
can access social media, music and games. Most mobiles now have a
camera and internet access, they are usually known as a smartphone.
• The processing speeds of mobiles have increased over the years
which is why the price of phones have risen.
• Computers have changed over the past 15 to 20 years, they have
become faster due to the change of the processors used. The
dimensions of the monitors have changed, the weight of them has
been reduced as the design is more sleek and stylish. The screen
quality has improved as it now has a better quality of graphics.
• Televisions are available in various sizes and definitions. The design
and technology aspects have massively changed as you can now get
smart TVs, 3D TVs, HDTV’s and curved TVs. Smart TVs have the ability
to download apps and access the internet and the prices can range
from hundreds to thousands. 3D TVs have the ability to get the
picture from bouncing out the screen by wearing 3D glasses. The
largest sized TV which will be available in the UK next spring, is 110’’
TV by Samsung.
• Laptops have changed, they are less bulky and they have become
lighter. Laptops are now available to purchase from most high street
stores by various companies, such as Dell and Hewlett Packard (HP).
Laptops have the capabilities of a computer but they are more lighter
• Newspapers don’t live up to their name anymore as most people can
read the news on their computers, laptops and mobile phones. Apps
are available for mobile phones such as the Daily Mail.
• Newspapers influence many people and they don’t question what
they read and are most likely to believe everything they have read.
• Emails are replacing letters as they are more efficient as the person
you have sent the email, will receive it instantly. It reduces the chance
of getting lost as it goes straight to the inbox of the persons email
• The radio has changed over the passed ten years as it can now be accessed on the internet
and by downloading apps. The radio reception has also improved and some radio stations
are more formal than others whereas some are more chatty. Radios can be listened to on the
TV and on all devises that can access the internet or receive a radio signal.
• There are several types of radio;
Regional and Local radio – The Bay Radio
Digital radio – the digital radio works by the transmission of a digital signal.
Analogue radio – the analogue radio works by the transmission of analogue signal.
• Social Media sites is one of the largest ways of communication in the
world today. The sites are used to raise awareness and to
communicate with people all around the world. Facebook is one of
the most popular social networking sites in the world, with 1.35
billion monthly active Facebook users. Due to the amount of people
communicating online, this is starting to affect peoples
• Social networking can have some devastating consequences as cyber-
bullying is a huge issue as it can result to depression and suicide.
More than a third of young people are affected by cyber-bullying and
they don’t feel comfortable talking to people about it.
• To conclude, I think that the media has had a huge impact on society
as most people have become reliant on having access to sites. Many
people now find it socially awkward to talk to people face to face as it
has become the norm to interact and communicate with people
online. The media can influence peoples views and opinions on
current and past events.