❖ One is permitted to build separate warehouses in Odoo and can make adjustments or
switch between these stock rooms.
❖ So a storage place inside this or a sub-location of one's warehouse may be said as a
specific room, such as a floor, a passageway or a shelf, and so on.
❖ But it is not feasible to connect a position to numerous warehouses.
❖ First of all, we need to enable Storage Locations.
❖ For that goto Inventory > Configuration > Settings
❖ The Locations window will display every location described in the platform including the details
such as Location, Location Type, Storage Category and Company.
❖ You can use the filtering option for sorting out your data easily. We will get a list view for the
locations.You can create a new location by CREATE button
❖ Generally, we have three Location Types.
○ Physical Location - Physical location is the area where one's product is held in hand, it's
the warehouse's internal site. Which can also be assigned to the loading and unloading
location in a warehouse or shelf etc.
○ Location of Partners - This acts as a physical location, too. This could be seen as the
spaces in which you were not the owner but stands between a seller or a customer
○ Virtual Location - The Simulated Position is meant to be spaces or areas that do not
exist in reality or physical. These places were established to retain the inventory missing
or to take in the items making their way to the warehouse.
❖ In the Location creation form, you can allocate the Location Name along with the Parent
❖ The Location Type can be filled using the dropdown menu available. The dropdown menu
includes some options such as
○ Vendor Location: Vendor Location is the virtual location representing the source location
for the products coming from your vendors.
○ View: Virtual location used to create hierarchical structures for your warehouses,
aggregating its child locations, which cannot directly contain products.
○ Internal Locations: It is the physical locations inside your own warehouses.
○ Customer Location: Virtual location representing the destination location for products
sent to your customers.
○ Inventory Loss: Virtual location serving as counterpart for inventory operations used to
correct stock levels (physical inventories).
❖ Then the location can be mentioned as scrap location or return location by enabling
❖ Moreover you can allocate the Cyclic Inventory details such as Inventory Frequency,
Last Effective Inventory, and Next Expected Inventory.
❖ Moreover, the Removal strategies of this particular location can be specified based
on the default methods available.
❖ The default methods available in the dropdown menu are shown in the below image.
This dropdown menu includes the First In First Out (FIFO), Last In First Out( LIFO),
First Expiry First Out( FEFO), and Closest Locations.
○ Production: Virtual counterpart locations for production operations. This location
consumes the components and produces finished products.
○ Transit Location: Counterpart location that should be used in intercompany or inter
❖ In the new scrap order creation window, you can add the Product Name, Quantity,
Source Document, and Company name in the specified fields. By clicking on the Save
button, you will get a draft form of the scrap order.
❖ In order to validate the newly created scrap order, you are allowed to click on the
‘Validate’ button from the same window.
❖ We can see the transferred product on this location.
Check our company website for related blogs and Odoo
Inventory- Odoo 15 Enterprise Book
Check our YouTube channel for functional and technical
videos in Odoo.
How to Manage Storage Locations Odoo 15