Bill Gates is still the richest man in the world with
$ 40.0 billion
List is the ranking of the world's richest
billionaires as of February 13, 2009
31. • A businessmanA businessman
• A technologistA technologist
• A philanthropistA philanthropist
is also important to Gates
Set up in 2000 by Mr Gates and his wife
Melinda, the foundation has a $28.8 billion
endowment and is dedicated to promoting
greater equality in global health and
33. Endowment of $28.8 billion.
• $3.6 billion to organizations working in
• $2 billion to improve learning opportunities
• $477 million to community projects in the
• $488 million to special projects and annual
Supports work in more than 100 countries.
35. Quotable Quotes
• Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll
end up working for one.
• I really had a lot of dreams when I
was a kid, and I think a great deal of
that grew out of the fact that I had a
chance to read a lot.
• If you can't make it good, at least
make it look good.
• Intellectual property has the shelf
life of a banana.
• Life is not fair; get used to it.
• Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces
smart people into thinking they can't
• The Internet is becoming the town
square for the global village of
• Television is NOT real life. In real
life people actually have to leave the
coffee shop and go to jobs.
• Life is not divided into terms. You
don’t get summers off and very few
employers are interested in helping
you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on
your own time.
• Flipping burgers is not beneath your
dignity. Your grandparents had a
different word for burger flipping:
they called it opportunity.
• If you mess up, it’s not your parents’
fault, so don’t whine about your
mistakes, learn from them.