1. BRIAN R. STAUP, CPA
351 Ryan Trail Brownsburg, IN 46112
(317) 697-0625 BrianRStaup@yahoo.com
THE SEXTON COMPANIES – Residential Development & Management 2007-2015
• Supervision of accounting and collection departments
• Coordination of all audit and tax work with outside CPA firm
• Development of financial reporting for different end users
• Responsible for all Financial Reporting
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Cash Flow management
• Prepared and manage all tax basis capitalized items and depreciation, working with CPA firm to determine
best use of accelerated options per tax law allowances
• Tracking all Real Estate tax assessments to determine appeals, working with Ice Miller (attorneys) to prepare
and present appeals
• Preparation of all 25 LLC financials including valuations for preparation of partners tax returns
• Refinance entire $175 M portfolio through Fannie Mae and Insurance lenders
• Finalized & oversaw the sale of a portion of the portfolio
• Coordination of IT Functions
WILLIAMS REALTY / CAPITOL CONSTRUCTION / DAYMARC HOMES 2005-2007
• Consolidated overall financial reporting, forecasting and planning for Partners
• Creation and implementation of policies and procedures for start up companies
• Supervision and oversight of accounting departments
SANDOR DEVELOPMENT COMPANY – Multi Million Dollar Real Estate Developer 2002-2005
• Financial reporting for 130 entities
• Creation of accounting department structure and internal controls
• Preparing and tracking all gains on sales transactions for purposes of 1031 exchanges
• Tracking of multistate acquisitions and sales of real estate including parcels of properties
• All aspects of employee benefits and HR functions
• Supervision of accounting staff
• Implementation of financial and property management software
CORNERSTONE PROPERTIES, INC. – Residential Real Estate Management 1997 - 2002
• Financial reporting of Management Company and property portfolio.
• Preparation of personal financial statements and wholly owned Subs for owner.
• Supervision of Portfolio Controllers, accounting assistants, accounts payable, payroll administration
& employee benefit plans.
• Coordination of all audit and tax work with outside CPA firm.
• Development of procedures related to all financial reporting.
SIMON PROPERTY GROUP – Leading Retail Real Estate Developer 1992-1997
• Direct contact for property management and outside partners.
• Financial Statement preparation and review. .
• Departmental accounting reporting package including budget comparison.
• Management of accounting for Simon's self funded health insurance plan
FORUM GROUP, INC. – Upscale Retirement Center Developer 1990 - 1992
• General ledger & financial reporting for facilities & cost centers.
• Preparation of complete construction financial package including job cost reporting
2. CLIFTON, GUNDERSON & COMPANY, CPA'S 1988 -1990
• Preparation of statements, audits, & tax preparation
EDUCATION: Manchester College, North Manchester, IN 46962
Bachelor of Science – Accounting – 1988
OTHER RELEVANT Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
EXPERIENCE: Experience includes Yardi software applications implementation and conversion.