JAMES BRENDAN MCCARLEY
Chandler, AZ 85286
I am a results-driven sales professional with over 10 years of experience in commercial healthcare financial lending. I
hold extensive expertise in managing large portfolios of business in consultative sales, specializing in loan analysis
and loan processing management for veterinary and dental new practice start-ups, debt consolidation, equipment
procurement, and additional or relocations. I am skilled in communicating and building meaningful relationships with
customers, vendors and key decision makers to successfully close business; relationships which can be leveraged in
a transition to create an extensive portfolio.
• Lead Generation • Forecasting
• Consultative Sales Techniques • Loan Analysis and Credit Underwriting
• Effective Negotiating and Closing • Project Management
• Qualifying Prospective Customers • Organization
• Relationship Building with Professionalism and
• Innovative Problem Solving
Senior Commercial Loan Officer BANK OF AMERICA, NA (MBNA Bank, NA), Columbus, OH/Chandler, AZ
A top 25 Fortune 500 company providing banking and non-banking financial services and products
Commercial Finance Specialist (Dental and Veterinary) 2005-2015
Accountable for managing loan processes from origination through administration. Reviewed credit history, financial
statements and other financial information and created proposals to send to underwriting for verification and
recommendation. Maintained compliance with the following legal requirements: Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money
Laundering Act, OFAC, USA Patriot Act, Privacy Act and the Community Reinvestment Act.
• Empowered customers to make decisions for their lending needs based on my in depth knowledge of the
specialized loan process, extensive vendor relationships and record of prompt turn around times over interest
rates alone, which resulted in a 20% higher profitability level over all other loan specialists in my branch for 6 years
in a row.
• Developed and leveraged relationships with key decision makers in legal and credit to overcome risk obstacles
and meet the unique multi-loan contracting needs of a 300 orthodontist practice group to earn $30MM of funded
business within the first year alone that would have otherwise been lost.
• Performed due diligence as to where my customers were in their respective loan process to accurately make a
conservative forecast of business. This technique consistently positioned me as a top salesperson that met or
exceeded monthly target sales goals.
• Versed myself on the veterinary industry when selected by senior management to launch a new product line for
veterinary loans for the US market and collaborated with the credit manager, legal and outside sales to form an
alignment of what deals constituted an acceptable risk in an unknown market. Successfully built a full pipeline and
subsequently closed $39.5MM within the first year, earning me Most Valuable Sales Person of the Year for
product and a ranking of 2nd
in all sales in the company.
JAMES BRENDAN MCCARLEY 480.815.5124 PAGE TWO
• Pursued a lost business opportunity with a doctor building multiple practices that already had a pre-existing
banking relationship by preparing a thorough review of financial information to present to key decision makers and
by remaining diligent in communication and relationship building with the doctor. Successfully secured approval to
make an exception to lending policy and earned the doctor’s entire business within 6 months, leading to over
$6MM of business (15 times more than the average customer borrow amount).
• Generated incremental expansion of volume of business funded and number of interims opened by more than
double between 2007 and 2013.
• Appointed Chair of the business unit Advisory Board and was tasked with creating innovative solutions for issues
in business operations and product line.
Project Manager 2005-2015
Promoted to Commercial Finance Specialist through successful management of a $50MM portfolio that resulted from
self-lead generation of business and by consistently exceeding monthly volume and cross sales.
T-MOBILE WIRELESS, Columbus, OH 2004-2005
A leading provider of wireless voice and data communication services in the US
Business-to-Business Sales Rep
Spearheaded sales efforts for mobile devices to Columbus business owners and consistently met or exceeded
monthly sales goals.
ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR, Columbus, OH 2000-2004
A Nationally recognized, leading car rental company
Responsible for management of day to day business of the branch, including customer service, accounts receivables,
meeting sales quotas, marketing and training and mentoring branch employees.
• Rapidly promoted from Management Trainee to Assistant Manager and subsequently Branch Manager within one
year, ranking in the top 1% of over 1,500 sales reps.
• Penetrated into new areas of the market through cold calls to body shops and other businesses to attain sales
quotas increasing branch income by $100 per car and receiving a national award for fleet growth
• Drove efforts within the branch leading to a rank in the top 5 of 1000+ branches for sales of blanket coverage on
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Albion College, Albion Michigan
• Minor in Sociology, Albion College, Albion Michigan