1. • Designation Safety Coordinator.
• Nationality: Nigerian
• Visa Status: Visa Required
• Marital Status: Married
• Date of birth: July 19, 1979
A Chemical Engineer cum NEBOSH qualified Health and Safety Practitioner with proven managerial experience
of managing Security, Health, Safety and Environmental issues within industry. Sound knowledge of HSEMS
systems that are in compliance with International Standards 18001 and Environmental Standards 14001 aligned
with knowledge of Safety legislation and Codes of Practice to ensure companies are in compliance with all legal
obligations. Proven ability to reduce costs to company by reducing incidents/accidents costs which result in bottom
line profit increase.
• Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering (Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria)
• Post Graduate Certificate in Management (Nigerian Institute of Management)
• Nebosh, UK; International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (IGC)
• OSHAcademy, USA (Online): Professional Certificate (Occupational Safety & Health Supervisor )
• OSHAcademy, USA (Online): Introduction to Safety Management
• HSE Competence Development Training Level 3; Shell Petroleum Development Company accredited (SPDC-
NISP) Nigeria Institute of Safety Professionals, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
• General HSE Certificate; Nigeria Institute of Safety Professionals, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria.
• Proficiency in Aspen Hysys (PTDF/NNPC Engineering Design Training Scheme).
OLABODE JACOBS JAIYEOLA
53 Abusoro road off Ijoka, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria
Phone no.: +2349096030911 E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. • Senior Secondary Certificate (O’Level) ; Federal Government, College, Idoani, Nigeria
• First School Leaving Certificate ; Imeri Model Primary School, Imeri, Nigeria.
• H2S & Breathing apparatus Training
• Risk Assessment & Accident Investigation
• Confined Space Entry.
• Fire Prevention , Basic First –Aid & Emergency Response.
• COSHH (Control of substance Hazardous to Health)
• Basic Security Training and Techniques.
• Excellent Computer Background, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of the internet.
Languages Spoken : English, Russian , Yoruba, Arabic (Learning)
ORGANISATIONAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
• Ability to comprehend new approaches to solving problems, a fast learner and a team player
• Attention to Details
• Ability to Work to Specifications within given time frames.
• Effective Communication skills
• Ability to work under Pressure and Tight Schedules
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment as both a team member and a leader in proactive decision making.
Safety Coordinator: Tetra Emirate Contracting & Maintenance LLC. Abu Dhabi, UAE 2012-2014
• Assist Management in developing and implementing their HSE plans and advice on operational safety matters
related to the works.
• Co-ordinate and conduct inspections/audits of facilities and activities to ensure compliance to safe and good work
practices in accordance to statutory requirements of the Factories and Machinery ACT and all safety Procedures.
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
• Safety Inspection and Audit.
3. • Give safety presentation with the objective to enhance the Health, safety and Environment awareness of all
• Assist in accident investigation, reporting and monitor their follow up in accordance to safety procedures.
• Inspect work areas regularly for potential hazards and rectify, so as to maintain a safe working environment
• Report and assist in the investigation of safety violations, dangerous occurrences and accidents.
• Responsible for tools/PPE issued and ensure proper usage
• Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as and when required or instructed.
Safety & Security Supervisor; Sawaeed LLC, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 2011-2012
• Monitor security guards to enforce safety and security programs that enable the clients assets to function
according to the guidelines, quality standards, and operating objectives of the company and provide adequate
supervision of other security guards.
• Implement safety and security improvements that benefit the company’s assets, visitors, co-tenants and employees
as directed by the Security Manager.
• Respond to all Safety and security concerns from visitors, contractors and company personnel.
• Develop and maintain positive relations with customers, contractors, local law enforcement and the community
• Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipments (CCTV); inspecting
buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining
• Access & Egress Control and Monitoring.
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
Safety Officer; Glosand Industries Ltd. Auchi, Edo State, Nigeria . 2009-2010
Main Responsibilities Included
• Carrying out HSE material inventory.
• Conduct planned facility integrity check and Assessment of associated Risks.
• Monitor equipments and raise notification when due for recertification.
4. • Coordinating and supervising contractor work sites, inclusive of daily tool box talks at contractor work site.
• Conducting safety induction briefing for visitor and new staff in the field.
• Planning and supervision of emergency drills.
• Coordinating job hazard analysis JHA process for third party contractor and company routine jobs, Carry out HSE
pre-mobilization inspection prior to commencement of work for third party contractor.
• Reviewing of safety manual and regulations so as to ensure that workers comply with safety regulations.
• Compiling and submission of monthly data for performance indicators to top management along with a proposal
to eliminate bottlenecks.
Quarry Supervisor; Semath Quarry, Ikpeshi, Edo State, Nigeria. 2006 - 2008
• Coordinating and supervising day to day running of the quarry
• Coordinating and supervising the Sub-contract miners
• Ensuring all machines are working effectively
• Purchasing of required tools and materials for blasting and haulage
• Liaison between the contract miners and the company management
Ministry of Petroleum and Solid Minerals, Umuahia Abia State, Nigeria.
(Member of the Monitoring Team) 2005 – 2006
Job Description: Routine inspection of Petroleum product service stations and sales outlet to ensure compliance with
standards and regulations.
HOBBIES: Reading, Travelling, Chess and Football.
REFEREES: Available on Request