1. ROBERT HISER
IT Director • Project Management
IT Consulting | Strategic Planning | Project Management
Experienced IT Leader whose vision and contributions propelled the growth of both Fortune 500 and emerging companies.
Equal blend of business strategist and technologist, skilled in managing from the ground up to build companies and take them
to the next level of growth. More than 20 years of customer-focused experience in manufacturing, healthcare, and government
Business Strategist that plans and manages multimillion dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to
drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains. Excel in coordinating between business and
technical areas to achieve on-time, on-budget and on-spec project management/completions.
Strategic Planning & Execution Project Management Team Leadership & Motivation
Architecture & Integration EMR Deployment Software Development Lifecycle
Budgeting & Cost Control Practice Management Data Center/Disaster Recovery
Executive Technology Consultant – Nashville, TN 2012-Present
IT consultant having 20+ years of experience in providing strategic guidance regarding IT technology and enterprise
infrastructural enhancements to clients and organizations particularly in Healthcare and Private Equity.
Consulting services were provided for companies with multiple locations; Amedisys Home Health, Maxor CPS, Community Health
Systems, Urgent Team Urgent Care, Fast Pace Urgent Care, Pain Management Centers and a Pediatric Dental Start-up.
Technology Director • Program Management
• Progressively manage complex IT and operational projects in healthcare and manufacturing settings by
applying effective project management methodologies and control techniques, to include Agile, Six Sigma and
• Amedisys Home Health – provided program management as the Senior Technical Lead responsible for the
deployment of a Cloud Based EMR application to 475 healthcare facilities and 15,000 employees.
• Maxor Correctional Pharmacy Services - redesigned and upgraded the data center infrastructure to enable the
consolidation of ERP, Financial, HR and timekeeping applications due to acquisitions. Led the redesign and completion
of the software development required to manage all aspects of the business.
• Community Health Systems - provided program management to lead the
Tier I Meaningful Use Stage II Deployment of CPOE and achieve Stage II attestation.
• Migrated multiple services to the Microsoft and Amazon Clouds utilizing various SAAS applications. Provide
cost to benefit analysis of business network and applications and project short-term/long-term budgeting.
• Successfully manage vendor interactions and relationships, contract negotiations. Minimized costs and improved
service by enhancing our vendor relations.
• Provide consulting methods to design and implement cutting edge IT system solutions for clients.
• Conduct “current state of technology” assessments and provide recommendations for improved network security,
performance and scalability of infrastructure.
• Managed contract staff for integration of multiple corporate data centers, ERP’s, EMR’s, Financial Applications, HR
solution’s, infrastructure and Web Services into one common platform.
• Conduct due diligence and merger/acquisition IT assessments for healthcare companies.
2. ROBERT HISER | Page 2 of 3
MEDEXPRESS URGENT CARE – Morgantown, WV 2008–2012
Privately owned company offering full-service urgent care centers in six states.
Chief Information Officer • HIPAA Security Officer
Served as trusted C-level advisor and key member of the executive leadership team driving IT business strategy. Directed all core
IT functions: architecture, hardware acquisitions, application development and implementation.
• Strategically grew organization’s IT infrastructure from 4 locations to 127 locations in 6 states over a 4 year period.
• Managed a $5.8M capital expense budget.
• Managed a team of IT staff members that included the Data Center Support, Network Infrastructure and Security,
System’s Administrators, Deployment team, and Software development Helpdesk internal support team.
• Designed and built a state-of-the-art Cisco/Dell/EMC data center with environmental controls, disaster recovery site,
and high-end MPLS network. The Data center was virtualized allowing for full redundancy and high availability. The
Data Center stored in excess of 800TB of data, available through the Data Warehouse and BI tools.
• Led the development of a private cloud to host multiple applications for high availability and rapid data access.
• Oversaw the development, design, and implementation of all system and enterprise network infrastructure to
include all enterprise-wide servers such as; Microsoft Active Directory domain controllers, Microsoft SharePoint portal
server, Microsoft Exchange 2012 email servers, Microsoft SQL server 2008/20012, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified
Messaging server. VMware virtual environment. Utilized multiple Dell EqualLogic’s and EMC SANs storing and
replicating in excess 400TB of data. Managed integration of multiple ERP/HRMS systems into one common platform.
• Managed the software development life cycle of many software application products to include EMR design,
company intranet, employee portal, and executive business dashboards to include daily patient wait-times, patient
• Aggressively negotiated vendor contracts and cost reductions for MPLS WAN consolidation consolidating for a single
provider for 100+ locations.
• Procured and deployed an enterprise-wide EMR (DocuTap) system at 100+ locations, saving $4M by developing an
ongoing partnership with the vendor.
NATIONAL WHITE COLLAR CRIME CENTER (NW3C) – Fairmont, WV 2001–2008
Congressionally funded nonprofit organization providing training for state and local law enforcement agencies to combat
economic and cybercrime problems.
Chief Information Officer • Enterprise Technology Manager
Drove dramatic growth of both NW3C and its sister organization, the Internet Crime Complaint Center, by designing,
implementing, and maintaining all technology systems. Provided strategic and tactical leadership for entire IT function including
hardware, software, applications, and network support. Managed annual budget and IT employees and contractors.
• Managed the design and build of two Cisco, EMC enterprise data centers that supported operations of the NW3C
corporate staff and the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a joint venture with the FBI.
• Designed, implemented, and managed all enterprise wide servers including Microsoft Active Directory domain
controllers, Microsoft SharePoint portal server, Microsoft Exchange 2007 email
servers, Microsoft SQL server 2005, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Messaging server. VMware virtual environment.
Managed integration of multiple ERP/HRMS to include Kronos systems into one common platform.
• Managed the software development life cycle of multiple software application products to include the Internet
Crime Investigation System, Internet Crime Complaint Center, terrorist tips data collection site, company intranet,
3. ROBERT HISER | Page 3 of 3
GE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS – Morgantown, WV 1981–2001
Manufacturer of chemicals and allied products.
Hired for desktop support and advanced to managerial position overseeing local and wide area network and
telecommunications including phone PBX system, voice mail system, customer service call center, wireless communications,
and paging systems. Translated business requirements into technical specifications for multiple locations: manufacturing site,
technology center, and field sales offices. Managed $500K capital budget for major projects.
• Designed and led implementation of Avaya, PBX, Audix telecommunications enhancements, installations, and
maintenance, including local, long distance, T-1, and Customer Call Center systems.
• Created and conducted training programs for PC and networking skills.
Design for Six Sigma Black Belt Certification 2000
28CFR Part 32 Certification
HIPAA Security Certification
CHS Lean PM
Inactive Top Secret Clearance – US Department of Justice (DOJ)
Pittsburgh Area Technology Council
Nashville Technology Council
Greater Pittsburgh Area CIO Group
TN Health Information and Management Systems Society (TNHIMSS)
National Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
WV Chapter of Health Information and Management Systems Society (WVHIMSS)
Secure Member of Infragard (WV Chapter)