6. Windows Live
Previously it was called MSN Messenger, but recently its known as
Microsoft's Windows Live Messenger (WLM).
It is an advertisement-supported instant messaging service.
WLM offers file sharing, PC-to-PC calling, time-stamped
messages, offline notifications and other features.
It is a graphics editing program developed and published by
Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Photoshop is also, currently, the leading graphics editing
8. Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office is a commercial office suite of inter-related
desktop applications, servers and services for the Microsoft
Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
10. What is Skype?!~*
is a software application that allows users to make voice and
video calls and chat over the Internet.
11. What do you need to use Skype?!~*
1. A computer.
2. A good Internet connection.
4. Speakers or earpieces.
5. A microphone.
6. The Skype software, which is freely downloadable from
7. One or more persons to communicate with. They need to be
Skype users as well if you want to use the free service.
12. What is not free?!~*
Calls on Skype are free only if the two (or more) communicating
parties are using a PC (or Skype-compatible device) and are using the
Skype service over the Internet.
If a Skype user wants to call a mobile or landline phone from his
PC, then he has to pay cheap rates) via bought credit. This service is
called SkypeOut. In order to receive calls through Skype on a PC from
mobile and landline phones, the SkypeIn service can be used against
13. From where to install?!~*
You can either download it from the internet for free or buy a
CD that has the Skype program installed on it
14. Steps to install?!~*
Ready to get started? First, pick up the latest version of Skype:
1. With your Internet browser open, enter www.skype.com in the
address line to open the Home page of the Skype Web site.
2. Click the Download button on the Skype home page to open the
3. Select Save to Disk
15. Steps to install?!~*
When your download is complete and the program is saved to disk, follow these steps
to install the program:
1. Double-click the Skype Setup program that you just saved or just click Run if
you have that option. If a User Account Control windows pops up asking you for
permission, just click Continue.
2. When the installer program launches, it asks you to choose a language; select
it from a drop-down list.
The installer program then asks you to read and accept the End User License
Agreement. You need to accept this to continue the installation. The program
may also ask if you want to install certain other programs or browser add-ons.
You are under no obligation to install these. If you don’t want the extras, just
uncheck the box and click on Next.
16. Steps to install?!~*
3. Click the Options button
On this page you have the choice to launch Skype as soon as the installation
is complete. This box is already checked. If you don't want Skype to start up
right away, deselect the box by clicking it. You also have the option to update
the Skype Extras Manager and to install a Skype Plugin for the web browser
(s) that you have installed on the computer.
4. Click I agree -- Install.
Skype asks you to set up an account by entering a Name, a Skype Name, and
Password. The next screen asks for your e-mail address, country, and city. If
the Skype name you specified is already in use, you will get a chance to
choose another name. Once you complete this, Skype is installed and
automatically launches itself (unless you deselected the Launch Skype check
box on the Options screen).
18. Its highly useful for the ones that need to make international
phone calls a lot. In addition to saving money and you can use
it anytime anywhere.
20. 1. Open Skype on your computer by clicking on the blue Skype icon
2. Or if Skype is opened but not logged in, you will find a little grey sphere in your taskbar.
3. Enter your Skype name and your password, then click Sign In.
4. Then click on Search For Skype Users.
5. Then you can enter each of the fields according to what type of person you are looking
6. If you have entered the fields that you want (not all of them are required) click on Find.
7. Select the person that you want to invite on Skype.
8. View their profile by clicking on the little blue I on the right side of the Skype window.
9. Then click on Add Skype Contact.
10. Enter a message to introduce yourself and click OK.
11. 11. Close the Search For Skype Users box.
It currently has more than 27 million active registered users worldwide.In 2006, Microsoft and Yahoo announced an interoperability agreement which would allow users on either system to communicate with each other.WLM is available for the PC and mobile applications also.