1. Page: 1 of 3
Nguyen Van Bay
Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Mobile: 971 557 587 163
• A senior staff with rich experience of 11+ years in Estimation, Business Development and
Administration in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi - U.A.E.
• Highly experienced and qualified Estimator and Commercial Controller, fully conversant
with API specification 6A, 16A, 16C, 7-1, 5CT and Q1 applicable for valves & API
• Ability to keep a level head at all-time grows a business, evaluate opportunities and risks
and also deliver innovative new solutions to challenge.
• Well knowledge in Estimation & Tendering as a result to provide best comprehensive
offers/bids to meet client’s requirements.
• An orientated Administrator with experience of working in Oil & Gas Construction
• Comfortable working with people of all levels, having excellent commercial approach to
solving problems and developing business processes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Estimation - Business Development - Contract Negotiation
• Customer oriented - Time Management - Leadership
• Team Builder/Player - Problems solving - Projects Management.
• Estimation Dept.: Implemented standard price books for Valves Testing, Refurbishment
and Manufacture of API Components.
• Commercial/Contract: Negotiated and finalized long term contracts for Refurbishment
of Valves; Supplying of Technicians; and Inspection & Repair of Oilfield Equipment.
• Cost Saving: Created new process in Purchasing Department which saving 10%
spending cost monthly.
• Business Management Process: (1) Implemented complete ITO process, (2) Created
costing sheet template which reduces 25% time consumption for estimators.
• Administration: Successfully mobilized manpower from India & in-house workers
(1,200 no’s total) within a month for ENOC shutdown December 2011.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Decisive and forward thinking with strong vision and strategy.
• Excellent hands-on management & communication skills.
• Having a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
2. Page: 2 of 3
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a commercial environment.
EDUCATION & TRAININGS:
• Bachelor of College (MBA) – Ho Chi Minh City University of Industry – Viet Nam (2005)
• MS Microsoft Office Specialist & AutoCAD Applications – Nam Dinh University of
Technology & Education (2005)
• ISO 9001:2008, 14001:2004 and OSHAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditor
• First Aid & Fire Fighting – Abu Dhabi (2010)
• HSE Leadership program
• Slinging & Lifting Training Safety Awareness
• Hands Safe Campaign
• Valid driving license (LMV) – UAE
EthosEnergy Abu Dhabi LLC (Wood Group Engineering Services) Abu Dhabi, UAE
EthosEnergy Abu Dhabi LLC delivers a wide range of key products to the Onshore &
Offshore oil & gas fields and facilities services market. Its core scopes included API
Certification, Repairing & Refurbishment of Valves and API components; Field services,
plant shutdowns and supplying of technicians for on-site services; Design and Manufacture
of API components such as Drilling/Spacer Spools, Block, flange, choke & kill manifold etc.
Commercial Controller, 20th
October 2013 till date:
• Ensuring that the department operates in accordance with the company’s Quality
Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
• Enquiry and contract reviewing, estimating costs and planning for production.
• Allocating and prioritizing the enquiries with estimators and submitting the quotations
ensuring the accuracies in all aspects (prices, technical, T&C’s, etc.) prior to submission.
• Reviewing the material & labor requirements to determine whether it’s more cost-
effective to produce or purchase components.
• Interpreting customer drawings and specifications and liaising with them for any
• Clarifying the scope of works with customers and interpreting the technical
requirements in order to provide estimates/bids for valves repairing/refurbishment,
valve testing, manufacturing of API components and other engineering repairs.
• Participating across the steps through ITO processes including Enquiry review, bidding
strategy, contract awarding and Contract reviewing.
• Recommend corrective action in case of Schedule/cost deviations
• Conduct site visits and meeting customers for tendering purpose.
• Reviewing and adjusting the business strategy to meet company’s monthly target
revenue and profits.
• Ensuring compliance with company’s quality and HSE Policies.
3. Page: 3 of 3
Adyard Abu Dhabi LLC (Interserve), Abu Dhabi, UAE
EAdyard Abu Dhabi LLC delivers a wide range of products to the oil & gas sectors. Its core
services included but not limited to fabrication of storage tanks, jackets, topsides, modules,
piping & structural and pressure vessels; Valve repair/refurbishment; E&I and Rig repair.
Administration Officer, 06th
Nov. 2005 to 13th
• Manage all admin related activities (such as Ticketing, Visa, Insurance, Accommodation,
Security Passes, Food, Transportation, office appliances etc.).
• Fulfill management’s & projects requirements from Administration side.
• Ensure all processes going smoothly & meet the deadline.
• Details of roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with HR & project team for manpower requirement; prepare visa
applications and booking tickets for mobilization.
- Coordinate with camp bosses to arrange accommodation and food distribution.
- Arrange insurance coverage for employees, proceeding insurance reimbursement.
- Ordering/distributing/monitoring stationeries for offices and projects requirements
- Issuing & Controlling CNIA passes to meet project’ mobilization plans.
- Managing drivers to provide transportation services for mobilization/demobilization.
Ensuring the efficiency of vehicles & drivers with best safety margin and performance.
• Friendly personality and able to engage customers
• A strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
• Helpful manner.
• Confident communication skills.
• Willing to learn.
• Positive attitude.
• Dynamic team player
• Persuasive and having good influencing skills.
• English : Writing & speaking (fluently).
• Vietnamese : Native Speaker
• Hindi : Spoken (normal communication)
• Date of birth : 05-10-1984 - Nationality : Viet Nam
• Gender : Male - Married status : Married
• Passport Validity : 27th
• Football, Reading, Music, Swimming and Picnicking.