Ashish Ranawat (Jaipuria Institute of Management)
Suryansh Pundir (Asia-Pacific Institute)
Chandan Kumar Singh(EMPI B-school)
Yash Vardhan(EMPI B-school)
Abhishek Kumar (IMS Ghaziabad)
• LT Foods Ltd was incorporated on October 16, 1990 as a
private limited company with the name LT Overseas Pvt Ltd.
• Chairperson - Vijay Kumar Arora
MD - Surinder Kumar Arora
• Total Income - Rs. 2780 Million ( year ending Mar 2015)
Net Profit - Rs. 309 Million ( year ending Mar 2015)
PRODUCT RANGE OF THE
• Daawat: LT Foods Ltd. is one of the country’s leading processor and
exporter of packaged rice and staple foods under the flagship brand Daawat.
The Daawat brand has been a great success in international markets as well.
Quality based procurement, state of the art milling plants, product quality
and customer focus are a few things Daawat has always been known for.
• Heritage: Heritage Basmati as a brand already made its presence felt for
more than a decade, its not just another product of LT Overseas Ltd. but is
also one of the trusted brands in the industry since years.
• Orange: It is long grain rice which is suitable for the daily needs of
households. This is very popular among the diverse population across India.
ABOUT THE DEVAAYA
Devaaya is a brand product of Lt Food Ltd. The company is
engaged in the manufacturing and sales of various product under
the brand DAAWAT. Their product is marketed in more than 50
Launched brand Product ‘DAAWAT’ in Saudi Arabia, Mauritius,
and New Zealand & also set up a new manufacturing facility at
Haryana, Bahalgarh and in December they commenced in
CHANNELOPERATIONS OF DEVAAYA
Distribution channel as we observed
• Segmentation: all chapatti-eating people
• Target group: every household in general, specifically young
children and young mothers.
• Positioning: top quality, customized micronutrient blend.
QUALITIES OFASALES PERSON
• He should be convincing.
• He should be modest but at the same time should be strong at his point.
• He must know how to present his ideas effectively.
• He should be manipulative in a positive way.
• He must have complete knowledge of LT Foods products.
• He should be able to explain the schemes to retailers in such a way so that
the retailers seem benefitted.
• Had to go to each and every outlet for research purposes.
• Found difficulty while coordinating with sales person.
• Retailers were not ready to give responses properly.
• Only word of mouth was not sufficient to make the sales due to lack of
• The retailers trust the brand Ashirwaad more than Devaaya
Reasons For Delay In Delivery Of Orders Generated:
• Unavailability of the stock.
• Fault in communication system.
• No proper attention given by distributor
Reasons Of Product Returns:
• Expired product delivery.
• Lack of proper packing.
• Pilling of stock.
FACTORS WHICH DRIVE CUSTOMER’S /
RETAILER’S BUYING BEHAVIOR: -
• Initially Devaaya Atta was launched at a higher price than its
rivals so the customers did not prefer it.
• People were not aware about Devaaya due to lack of enough
• Its rival (Ashirwad Atta) has made a significant place in the
market, which is considered as tasty and healthy by the
• People usually don’t want to switch to a new product.
RESPONSE OFTHE CUSTOMERS
Devaaya Atta has not been able to meet its targeted customers
due to lack of advertisement. When we asked the retailers the
reasons for not keeping Devaaya Atta in their outlets, they said
that the customers prefer Ashirvaad Atta more and most of the
customers are not aware of Devaaya
But after the taste, there mindset regarding Devaaya really
changed, and they demanded for more.
IDEAL CALL TO MAKE SALES:
1. Review plan
• Outlet type
• Name of the shop
2. Greet the dealer- introduce yourself and your company.
3. Stock check
• Permission for stock check
• Availability of products
4. Calculations and suggestions
5. Detail the product
6. Suggest order and closed the call
• Sales pitch of seniors- “Devaaya atta is made of MP wheat of selected
regions and is free from pesticides and a lot of harmful chemicals. So, it is
pure and safe to use”
• My pitch-“Sir, Devaaya atta is specifically tasted and free from over 500
impurities which is done and verified by German laboratories. So, it is
healthy and safe.”
• My pitch when didn’t receive any order-“sir, this is a product of LT foods
whose flagship product is Dawaat. So, you can trust the product”
Process of Trade Interventions to get Shelf Space:
• To attract the retailers, there was a scheme for them. If they
purchase 1 katta (1 katta=50kgs) of worth 10kgs, they will get a
relaxation of rs8 per packets. And if they purchase 1katta of
5kgs, they will get relaxation of Rs.4 per packets.
• The scheme was successful to some extent, as they were able to
save cost. But still there were retailers who do not want to take
the risk as they were well aware of customers preferences and
have the fear what if they cannot sell the products to their
The products of Devaaya are not known to their customers. What
we feel after so much of survey is that it needs advertising so that
it could reach its customers. LT foods is a good company, it
delivers good products. In fact people do not know LT Foods but
they know it by Dawaat. So, Devaaya too needs good campaigns
so that it become successful like Dawaat.