• Introduction to the Chief of Indian Defence Forces
• Duties of Various Defence forces
• Military and Paramilitary
• Special forces in Indian army
• Importance Of Paramilitary Forces
• Life of our Army Men
• Never ending opportunity if you are passionate
3. CHIEF OF OUR DEFENCE FORCE
General Dalbir Singh Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha Admiral Sunil Lanba
4. INDIAN ARMY
• Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of
the Indian Armed Forces.
• The President of India serves as the Supreme Commander of the
• It is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-
• It is the 3rd largest standing army in the world, with 1,325,000 active
troops and 2,143,000 reserve troops.
• It has various operational branch under it for land based operations,
which include paramilitary forces and special task forces.
Salute of Indian Army
5. INDIAN AIR FORCE
• Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces.
• The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the IAF.
• The Chief of Air Staff, an Air Chief Marshal, is a four-star officer and
commands the Air Force..
• It is the world's fourth largest air force.
Salute of Indian Air Force
6. INDIAN NAVY
• Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces.
• The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian
• The Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), usually a four-star officer in the rank
of Admiral, commands the navy.
• The Indian Navy is the fifth largest in the world..
• It has various operational branch under it for sea based operations
like, Indian coast guard and various other marine forces .
Salute of Indian Navy
8. PARA MILITARY FORCES OF INDIA
• Border Security Force BSF
• Central Industrial Security Force CISF
• Central Reserve Police Force
• Indo Tibetan police Force
• Sahastra Seema Bal SSB
• Assam Rifle
9. BORDER SECURITY FORCE
DUTY UNTO DEATH
• The Primary Border guarding force of India.
• It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of the Union of India, it was
raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965, "for ensuring the
security of the borders of India.
10. CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE
PROTECTION AND SECURITY
• The CISF provides security cover to 300 industrial units and other establishments
located all over India.
• Industrial sectors like atomic power plants, space installations, mints, oil fields and
refineries, major ports, heavy engineering, steel plants, barrages, fertiliser units,
airports and hydroelectric/thermal power plants owned and controlled by Central
Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), and currency note presses producing Indian currency
are protected by CISF.
11. CENTRAL RESERVE POLICE FORCE
SERVICE AND LOYALTY
• CRPF is the largest of India's Central Armed Police Forces.
• The CRPF's primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police
operations to maintain law and order and counter insurgency.
12. INDO TIBETAN POLICE FORCE
STEADFASTNESS AND COMMITMENT
• The ITBP was intended for deployment along India's border with China's Tibet
• The ITBP is trained in Civil Medical Camp, disaster management, and nuclear,
biological and chemical disasters.
13. SAHASTRA SEEMA BAL
SERVICE SECURITY AND BROTHERHOOD
• It is currently under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home
Affairs (MHA), Government of India.
• It was formerly known as the Special Service Bureau.
• The primary task of the force was to provide armed support for the Research and
Analysis Wing (RAW), India's foreign intelligence agency, with a secondary
objective to inculcate feelings of national belonging
14. ASSAM RIFLE
FRIENDS OF THE HILL PEOPLE
• The Assam Rifles is the oldest paramilitary force of India.
• The Assam Rifles have developed an ethos that is based primarily upon the
notion of extending the hand of friendship with the people of the region despite
the troubles that have occurred there.
15. INDIAN ARMY SPECIAL FORCE
NATIONAL SECURITY GUARD
OMNIPRESENT OMNIPOTENT DEFENSE
• The NSG is trained to conduct counter terrorist task to including counter hijacking
tasks on land, sea, and air; Bomb disposal (search, detection and neutralization of
IEDs); PBI (Post Blast Investigation) and Hostage Rescue missions.