• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is an umbrella term
used to describe disorders that involve chronic
inflammation of your digestive tract. Types of IBD include:
• Ulcerative colitis. This condition involves inflammation
and sores (ulcers) along the superficial lining of your large
intestine (colon) and rectum.
• Crohn's disease. This type of IBD is characterized by
inflammation of the lining of your digestive tract, which
often can involve the deeper layers of the digestive tract.
Food not allowed :
• Yogurt with berries, orange or lemon rind, nuts, whole milk, cream, sour
cream, ice cream
• Fried meats, including sausage, fried eggs
• All dried beans, peas, and nuts, nut butters
• Whole wheat or whole grain breads, rolls, crackers, pasta, brown rice
and white rice, cereals
• Beets, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, corn, mustard, turnip, mushrooms,
onions, parsnips, peppers, potato skins, spinach
• All raw fruits except peeled apple, ripe bananas, and melon canned
berries, canned cherries, dried fruits (raisins), prune juice,
• Coffee, tea, cola, some sport drinks, alcoholic drinks, sweet fruit juices
and soft drinks
Food allowed :
• Food allowed
• Buttermilk evaporated, skim, powdered or low-fat milk
smooth, nonfat or low-fat yogurt low-fat cheeses low-fat ice
• Take less amount of fats and oils.
• Meat , fish , poultry and eggs which are well cooked.
• Caffeine free tea and soft drinks
• Cereals , pasta , crackers and breads
• Vegetables and potatoes which are well cooked.
• Fruit juice without pulp (except prune juice), ripe banana,
melons most canned, soft fruits, peeled apple.
Ulcerative colitis symptoms :
• Diarrhea, often with blood or pus.
• Abdominal pain and cramping.
• Rectal pain.
• Rectal bleeding — passing small amount of blood
• Urgency to defecate.
• Inability to defecate despite urgency.
• Weight loss.
Food not allowed
• Carbonated drinks
• Dairy products, if you're lactose intolerant
• Dried beans, peas, and legumes
• Dried fruits
• Foods that have sulfur or sulfate
• Foods high in fiber
• Nuts and crunchy nut butters
• Products that have sorbitol (sugar-free gum and candies)
• Raw fruits and vegetables
• Refined sugar
• Spicy foods
• white pasta, noodles, and macaroni
• white rice
• crackers and cereals made with refined white flour
• canned, cooked fruits
• cooked vegetables without skins or seeds
• pureed vegetable soups
• tender, soft meats (no gristle or skin), and fish
• peanut butter and other nut butters
• oils like olive oil and coconut oil