4. What makes plastic look attractive to consumers is also what makes it seriously problematic : being disposable, durable and cheap to manufacture, 80 million tons of plastic are thrown away every year!!!
5. Buy – use once – throw away between 500,000,000,000 to 1000,000,000,000 plastic bags a year!!! Plastic tableware are manufactured in equally worrisome quantities… This is the formula according to which the world consumes
6. The garbage reaches different places in the world… as a result, animals die, the landscape gets dirtier, and the drinking suitable water sources are getting fewer and fewer.
7. Plastics are broken down in nature into smaller, more toxic petro-polymers… Plastic is degraded only after some million years, recycling it is too expensive , burning it is too polluting and its breaking down in landfills seriously pollutes the ground water and the soil.
8. Plastic is made out of oil This causes a serious pollution of the air we breathe, and necessitates a large funding of certain countries that support terror
9. Believe it or not, rehabilitating from plastic is possible , economical , cheap and much simpler than other rehabs!!! So… what can we do?!
11. Plastic cups? Absolutely not! Plastic plates? You’re kidding! Plastic cultery? Not for me! I will not use plastic tableware anymore! For hosting, events or picnics at the park equip yourself with cups and plates made of hard, reuseable, washable plastic , or glass tableware.
13. Awareness is the name of the game. Spread the message to others, influence them for the best! Do a good thing for our children and for the environment. Don’t forget, wrong habits have to be changed gradually… otherwise the price is just too high. Editors: Or Yissachar, Gil Ben Cohen For comments, suggestions etc: [email_address]