1. Anas Mohammed Hekmat Zannerni
Address: State of Kuwait – Salwa – Block 5
Mobile: (965) 97388428
Date of Birth: 06/05/1971
To explore the dynamics of a challenging career in a organization by reshaping my
engineering knowledge , mathematical skills , construction experience and integrated skills.
My mission is to meet the needs of employer through technical excellence and innovative
solutions therefore I am targeting for Civil Engineering Estimation Head position.
Hard working ; motivated ;result driven with emphasis on meeting deadlines; quite
capable of working under pressure; A team leader and player, as well as being very
receptive to productive criticism ; Always seeks new ideas and welcomes creative thinking
yet possesses strong belief in values and basics of running the business.
Intense construction work experience with enough exposure to all aspects of
construction, preparing detailed quantity take-off, scopes and cost estimates for
tenders in Private & Public bids in Oil & Non-oil sectors .
Attend pre-bid meetings and inspections, reviewed constructability issues and
prepared request for clarifications.
Experience in negotiating prices and collecting bids ; Proficient in figuring out cost
factors and preparing comprehensive and conceptual estimates ; Build up tender price
from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme ;
Preparing bid bond applications, cost summaries and other documents relevant to the
Solicited subcontractors’ and suppliers’ bids and evaluated their scope of work and
compliance to the bid drawings and specifications prior to award.
Preparing value engineering-alternate estimates and proposals outlining options for
cost reductions and savings.
Participating in the kick-off meeting to present the project and hand it over to the
2. Good knowledge of the contracting business and its market trends.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in handling computer with high level expertise in MS office tools and cost
I- State of Kuwait
1) June 2013 – Present “O&G Engineering W.L.L for General & Contracting
1.1) August 2015 – Present (QA/QC Manager EWTIP (NK) - (KOC / DODSAL)
Working as a QA/QC manager in Oil & Gas project (Effluent Water Treatment & Injection Plant
(NK)) was somehow a challenge at the very beginnings; but my previous experience in the
execution of various construction works gave me a very solid ground that help me sustain a
smooth transition into a different domain in the construction field.
This also required a very thorough review of all the project documents in addition to a
considerable engagement to the on-site activities to maintain the required quality and keep a
continual coordinated documentation of the executed works.
This was an indirect addition to my experience in oil & gas related projects.
1.2) June 2013 – September 2014 (Project Manager)
Project: Installation of 132kv cables in Jaber Al-Ahmad & North Sulaibikhat ( MEW )
Working as a project manager in a project where the works were horizontally spread onto a
vast area and multiple axis enhanced my experience in infrastructure works.
High level of coordination was required between the project activities in addition to the
coordination with the other companies working in the vicinity.
1.3) September 2014 – July 2015 (Head of civil estimation-Tendering Department)
Throughout my work as head of the civil estimation in the tendering department I had the
opportunity to price the civil works in multiple tenders of different kinds of work varying from
oil & gas-related works to simple construction ones including substations with all capacities
and high tension power transmission line towers; This enhanced and sharpened my experience
in the field of estimation for civil works I priced.
1. Studying and reviewing all tenders documents including instructions to tenderers, contract
3. general and special conditions, BOQ, specifications, and drawings.
2. Checking the data to be sent (by the coordinators) to the subcontractors (BOQ, specs
& drawings); also checking the list of materials to be sent to the procurement
department for getting valid updated quotations for each individual tender.
3. Following up and monitoring the requests for quotation sent to the subcontractors.
4. Following up the update of materials procurement prices.
5. Monitoring the comparison sheets for the received offers from the subcontractors.
6. Reviewing the offers from technical & financial aspect and choose the most suitable
8. Handling the pricing operation by means of a reliable sophisticated excel sheets taking
in consideration the special conditions, requirements, time frame and specifications of
each individual tender.
9. Estimating the potential contingency based on the tender data (nature of works, client,
consultant, location ...etc).
10.Making the presentation for the tendering manger & upper management.
11.Preparing the technical offer in case of indirect invitations to bid.
2) October 2011 – June 2013 " Associated Construction Company (ASCO) "
Position: Project Engineer
Throughout my work in ASCO as a project engineer, I contributed to managing a civil construction
project in addition to pricing the civil works. This made a considerable addition to my experience
in finishing woks.
1. Monitor and control the execution of works
2. Monitor the QS process and evaluate the surveyed quantities in accordance with the
3. Send requests for quotation for some items that we normally sublet to subcontractors.
4. Send requests for quotation for the required materials.
5. Calculate the costs of the civil works according to the tender specifications.
6. Prepare the monthly payments.
3)March 2009 – October 2011 " Line Design Company "
Position: Projects Manager
4. Through my work in Line Design Co. I have gained extensive experience in running,
monitoring & controlling multiple projects efficiently & smoothly.
This contributed considerably in enhancing my experience in cost cutting & getting the
optimum quality at strictly limited budgets.
In addition, that enriched my experience in finishing works at all levels commercial, residential
and high-end projects.
4) March 2007 - February 2009: " Mitsubishi Corporation - Kuwait Office "
Position: Site Civil Manager
Projects: - Jahra ‘X’ 300 MVA sub-station (MEW)
- Kaifan ‘W’ 300 MVA sub-station (MEW)
- Qurain ‘W’ 300 MVA sub-station (MEW)
1. Supervising the civil works.
2. Handing-over of the works to the client’s Engineers.
3. Preparing weekly progress reports
4. Preparing bi-weekly progress reports (to the client).
5. Preparing monthly payment applications.
6. Updating the time schedule.
5)July 2005- February 2007: " GCC Company "
Position: Site Engineer / Assistant Project Manager
During my work in GCC Company, I enhanced my previous skills the thing that entitled me to assist
in managing medium size projects. Besides, I gained a fair and reasonable knowledge of claim
building, documentation and procedures.
1. Follow-up of the works on sites as per the company’s scope of work.
2. Holding weekly follow-up meetings with the clients & the contractors.
3. Preparation of daily, weekly & monthly reports.
4. Checking the payment applications submitted by the contractors.
5. Coordination between the trades in each individual site.
6. Preparation of payment applications.
7. Preparing the BOQ’s for new projects.
5. 6)September 2004 - February 2005: “Industrial Building & Constructions Company
(IBC)" Position: Site Engineer.
Project: Kuwait Commercial Markets Complex Company Headquarter New Building.
1. Supervising the execution of work in the project.
2. Quality control of the works.
3. Handing-over works to the client’s R.E.
4. Preparing the payment statements.
II- Projects In Syria:
1)April 2001 - March 2004: "General Company for Hydraulic
Projects" Position: Project Manager.
Project: Industrial Zone Road. (Owner: Aleppo Municipality)
Working as a project manager in a road construction project added a value to my experience in
1. Administrating the works in the project.
2. Controlling the quality of the executed works.
3. Coordinating with other official bodies to obtain the required permits and licenses.
4. Preparing all the technical and financial required reports & payment applications.
5. Checking and approving the payments of the subcontractors.
2)May 1998 - February 2001: "Military Housing Est."
Position: Site Engineer.
Project: fourth Aqueduct Pumping Station. (Owner: General Est. for Drinking Water.)
1. Supervising & controlling the excavation works (computer-aided process, under the
Supervision & direction of Herrenknecht GMBH – the fabricators and suppliers of the
used tunnel-boring machine).
2. Supervising the erection works of pre-cast concrete encasement rings.
3. Monitoring the excavation works progress and the deviations from the design route.
6. 4. Assisting in preparing surveys and technical reports.
5. Assisting in preparation of corrective procedures to minimize the deviations from the
1997 - Bachelor degree in structural civil engineering (obtained from Aleppo University – Syria).
Apart from my school education and university degree, I gained all the skills that I have through
my own dedicated efforts. I feel proud for being a self-educated person. I do believe that learning
and gaining more knowledge and skills is a continual process that never ends.
This is how I managed to master the English language and learn other ones.
Arabic: mother tongue.
English and Arabic: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
French: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Spanish: fair in reading, writing and speaking.
Training & courses:
I completed the training course for PMP by the ends of 2015; currently, I am preparing to take
the test by next September.
Professional Societies Membership:
Member of the Order of Engineers in Syria (since 1998).